Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 11:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: water pressure regulator  (Read 2880 times)
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/ph5xt

Rather than the run-of-the-mill Camping World type pressure regulator, I'm considering hard plumbing this one into my system. Immediately downstream from this regulator kit will be my first grit filter.

Are any of you going with this type of regulator?

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 09:16:13 AM »

Nope, and the reason why not is that is as you said:
Grit filter.
I've replaced too many of the pressure regulators because they get plugged and won't allow an pressure to pass. Most are a PITA except for the ones that are part of the incoming flange.
Dallas
PD4103-1085
http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm
DaveD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 05:05:19 PM »

Likewise.  I found from time to time that these have become clogged, and I was glad it was a simple matter to remove the regulator in those instances until I could get a replacement.  I haven't found that many places where the water pressure was extremely high. 

Dave D
(MC-8)
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »

Incoming flange?  Enlighten me on this term.  Dare I risk placing the grit filter before the pressure regulator?  I'll have to check the specs on the filter canisters to see what they allow as max pressure.

I have a hair-brained design idea of a regulator/filter set that is demountable from the water bay for placement near the water source.  This gem will be a major contender at the international Rube Goldberg finals.

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »

Incoming flange?  Enlighten me on this term.  Dare I risk placing the grit filter before the pressure regulator?  I'll have to check the specs on the filter canisters to see what they allow as max pressure.

I have a hair-brained design idea of a regulator/filter set that is demountable from the water bay for placement near the water source.  This gem will be a major contender at the international Rube Goldberg finals.

The incoming flange is that white round thingy where the water comes into the coach for many people. You know, where you hook up the water hose.  Most of them have a pressure regulator in them that limits the pressure to around 50-60 lbs.
As for filters, I use 2 pur-water filters. the first from the water inlet is a 30 micron cotton string filter. The second is an activated charcoal filter @ 5 microns. The pair of them take most all the grit and taste out of the water, leaving in the chlorine and flouride and all the other things the gov't says are good for you.
When I first moved into this campground, they had just changed from well water to city water. Unfortunately, the city didn't put in a regulator at the connection to their line so at my end, (the end of the line), we had 115 Lbs. of water pressure. I didn't know this until I kept blowing out hoses. I put a pressure guage on and  put a regulator at the spiggot.
All was well.
Last month, the owner put in a regulator on the incoming line.
Dallas
PD-4103-1085
www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: