Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 11:30:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First snow this year  (Read 2972 times)
Blacksheep

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

Tom you can keep the cold! It got a little chilly today. I had to actually get a sweat shirt but still wearing shorts! Grass is still green for the most part and plenty of Squirrels,  Blue Jays, & Cardinals still in the trees. When I walked my hour this morning in the park, the gators were even sun bathing. Saw one about 12 foot and another with babies. Oh yea the chilly weather here has seemed to bring out the turtles. It's the most I have seen at one time in a while!

Be safe and warm!!!

Ace
cody

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »

I'm starting to become worried about my palm tree's catching cold, nothing more disheartening than a palm tree with the sniffles.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 07:24:59 PM »

Cody!!!!  How the heck are you and Libby (Alice)? 

are you still up North so you can tell me how lucky i am to just get occasional flakes?

r u goin to visit Jack and the bunch this year?

are u goin b4 the snow gets deep?

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 08:13:20 PM »

First snow this year?

Not here in S. Ohio we had snow in Jan., Feb., and Mar., this year already.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
cody

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 08:18:56 PM »

Tom, the doc won't let me travel this winter, he says I just don't have the heart for it yet lol. He says if I get thru a winter of cardiac rehab, I may be able to travel again in the spring, meanwhile I'm at my daughters. 
VAN

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 09:25:32 PM »

Cody you get better ya hear,And by the way we got a few inch's out here too(9-12 inchs of sun shine that is  Grin)and kinda chillie also(87)LOL Cool
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 02:09:07 AM »

Cody,

Stay warm and do what the doc says and you can venture out into the wild blue yonder again!

Take Care My Friend,

Paul
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 08:26:22 AM »

If you are a competent snow driver in your car, the bus is really no different.

Actually, I'll choose a bus over anything else for the snow, the big plus being it's stability against the churned up ridges, just drives on through and doesn't get pushed sideways. Going and stopping, it's on a par with your car. Contrary to popular belief, tractor trailers are NOT king of the road under slippery conditions...

Be careful of what's under the snow this time of year, a little soft ground that is usually ok will trap a coach if there is snow cover.

Same as your car, if you spin the wheels in place, you're just digging the hole deeper. try it with your tags unloaded/lifted, and failing that, get your recovery line out and find a SUV or pick-up before you dig it in to tow truck depth.

Or put on your chains.

A recovery line and tire chains....? Never you mind southerners, this is a man's world up here, with man type busnut accessories.  Same like the desert, another man's world.

If you are uncomfortable in snow, then maybe best to leave the bus parked until the plow and salter comes by.

Now, if we're talking freezing rain.... nothing is good in that crap, and discretionary travel should be curtailed.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
billy6941

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »

I drive a 1995 J4500 MCI, Cat Engine, 10 speed ZF. I got caught on some black ice, last February, north of Anchor Point, AK, with 50 passengers and 3 baggage bays full. Fortunately, it was early morning and no other traffic . Really interesting with a 45 footer going sideways down the road. And the temptation to step on the brake pedal was overwhelming. Had to super concentrate to keep my foot off the pedal.....Bill
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: