Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 10:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: seats  (Read 4806 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 07:31:22 PM »

BNO is NOT the GMC Busnut Board, it is YAHOO.

I  had enough of Yahoo a few years ago when they were short of cash and sold all forum personal data after promising not to do it!!

Yahoo wants a chest X-Ray also.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
ol713

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »

Looky Look!† The original seats from our 4106 clad in leather.† The six seats have seat belts, which allows us to install car seats for the kiddies.† Four seats face each other with the dining table in between.† The seats are one of my favorite parts of the coach.

Mark

Hi;   
        Nice touch,   I like it!
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »

yea! yahoo is the board that fell out of my favor fasstttttttttttt.† Will not be back!
† † † † † † † † †Tucson
 BNO on the otherhand I goto now and then, But I catch enough flack for the time I spendon this one(from the wife u-know)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:42:19 PM by tucsontattoo » Logged

we do things three ways,good,fast or cheap. PICK TWO!
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

Mark, Thanks for the pictures,nice seats. Picked up my brake parts this morning from fleet pride. Will be out there about 4:30 Sunday morning pulling it apart, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the part #s.
                                    Tucson

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 05:51:41 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up. I really did not think you meant BNO as that board has a great reputation in the BusNuts arena and I did not want I@N taking a hit for something that was not his.†
Richard

opps!† †That was Yahoo!† †didn't realize Frank was talking about BNO. When he said GMC I assumed Yahoo group. Sorry for the missed placed Bad mouthing.

† † † † † † † † † †Tucson
† † REread Franks mail, the link he gave me was to Yahoo

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »

Mark, Thanks for the pictures,nice seats. Picked up my brake parts this morning from fleet pride. Will be out there about 4:30 Sunday morning pulling it apart, will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the part #s.
† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † Tucson

You're welcome.  There was no sense in duplicating efforts in finding the correct part numbers.  I spent weeks going back and forth with their parts department just trying to get the correct parts.  I obviously wasn't in any rush, either.  Good luck!  I will not be thinking of you at 4:30 am Sunday morning!  Yikes!

Mark

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »

Yea, When I told them (fleetpride) here I had a 62 GM bus they first told me GMC didn't make a bus! Grin Checked my invoice after they arrived, all numbers are the same except the linings. You gave me MX 4541cd ( as I repeated to their counter man). Invoice showes part# FG1234541c, Hope this is right, they both have the 4145c in the number. Guess I will deal with it Monday if they are not right, and they didn't send me the bolts Huh wonder how long you have to be a parts counter man selling all new everything brake rebuild orders before you remember that they probably want the bolts too Angry. Oh well, would scare me if any thing to do with parts ever went smoothly!

Thanks again will be in touch           Tucson

gus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 09:01:56 PM »

tt,

If you run across a couple of good seats for the front of a 4104 please let me know.

We have a good friend in Green Valley and go out to visit them every Spring, we were there in April so could pick them up next Spring.

BNO is a great board too.

Thanks

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 08:47:14 PM »

Somewhere in Middle Tennessee there are a lot of mule wagons with MCI seats on them.  I gave all mine to a guy who is into long distance mule rides.  He said these seats are much more comfortable than school bus seats. 

That should be a sight, huh   Cheesy

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »

My father has two 4106ís, one is a í63 and the other is a í64. The í63 has the outside section of the seats attached to a channel on the heating/cooling duct. The í64 has them attached to the wall. He removed the seats from the í64 model and at one time had them in my grandfatherís barn. I donít recall seeing them lately, but I can ask him about them if you would like. What type of mounts do you have?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 09:30:32 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
gus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »

Barn Owl,

I don't know for sure since my walls are covered but I think 4104 seats are attached to the wall.

Eventually I think most buses went to pedestal seat mounts but don't know when that was.

I appreciate your offer and think that 4104/4106 seats are the same but not sure.

Where are you? Shipping these things is a humongous expense.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
tucsontattoo

1962 4106

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 09:17:02 PM »

same here Barnowl,I would not be mounting the seats in a conventional manner anyway so it shouldn't matter much witch type they are.
† † † † † † † † † † † † † Tucson
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:38:22 AM by tucsontattoo » Logged

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 01:27:29 AM »

I called my father today and asked about the seats. Thinking they were worthless, my uncle dumped them into a ravine and covered them with fill dirt. The í63 bus is still a seated coach; a decision has not been made yet as to what will happen to it. If it or the seats become available, I will let everyone know. Having lots of space to store things on his farm, my Grandfather saved everything. Iím not sure how this happened considering there was junk more worthy to be buried. I would have thought at the least they would try to sell the aluminum to a junk yard. Iím very sorry.

Barn Owl

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: