Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 02:38:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting my Eagle to good use  (Read 4579 times)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »

Thanks again for all the great comments and encouraging words re: this great land we live in. By the way, "hats off" to all the bus nuts out there who have served our great country. My family and I say, "THANK YOU!"   

Bigger signs were sought out everywhere, but by the time I got the idea to do this, there were none to be found (except those already being used). Funny, when I got those signs they didn't look that small until I put them up again my bus, lol.

Here are a couple more pics that some of you have asked for:

white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »

do you actually drive that bus??  then engine looks like it could be eaten off of.

nice coach!!!

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 04:40:17 PM »

BusCrazy,

So very "well done".  That is a centerfold bus if I ever saw one.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »

Yes, I drive my bus. That's the after pic. Below shows a before pic when the engine was painted silver, not sure how that happened on an 8V71. I'm also showing a before and after pic of the electrical panel on the driver's side:

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »

Yep,

we need to see this nice bus in the mag, (specialy since it's kinda thin this month. Wink)

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 07:37:18 PM »

Crazy,

Great looking bus. Thanks for the pics. It looks really clean!!!

I'm sorry that it looks like Americas best choice (meaning McCain) won't make it. I wonder when America stopped thinking... "I think, therefore I vote Republican."

In my opinion, I think that we should keep our own wealth (the best thing for the poor would be to eliminate the lottery), who worked hard for all of the wealth. As a country we absolutely deserve Obama. He would do this nation the most damage, but that is what our country has asked for. If the terrorists were voting, I know who they would vote for. It is good to see that, so far, the popular vote is tied. It is sad, but America stopped thinking when the news started feeding them. The news so affects people...It is all propaganda. I hope those who voted for Obama like it because this could be their last time (I also hope that they have saved a lot of money since costs of living will probably raise.). We will see how corrupt our nation is with congress also being on the left side.

Well I will get off of my soapbox now.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »

John316 as a fellow believer I fear for this country.
Dreamscape

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 02:07:33 AM »

John316 as a fellow believer I fear for this country.

I couldn't agree more!

Paul
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 05:51:26 AM »

I agree also, but its to late now.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »

Well, after a long and hard fought election America has decided, and the freedom to choose is part of what makes this such a great nation. As a child of God, I know that God is ultimately in control and that is the peace that my family and I will carry with us through these next four years.

I am grateful for the friends I've made on this board, and I look forward to many more busnut journeys with you.

GO EAGLE!!!  Smiley
VAN

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 07:43:51 AM »

dido. Kiss
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:10 AM »

Dido? Was she on the ticket too?

Lots of people clearly believe that McCain would have been better for America, and they are quite possibly right; I'm a raving capitalist myself and would always vote for our version of the Republican party (ie. the Conservatives). However, from a non-American perspective I have to say that I am delighted that Obama won, simply as I am sure the 'whole world' will be a slightly better place with him in charge of the only remaining superpower. Whilst I am mostly thinking of specific foreign-policy issues here, there is also a much more general 'America having turned a corner' thing about Obama having been elected which undoubtably has immense resonance to the rest of the world. So well done USA.

Jeremy

Just to keep it on-topic - very nice bus, BusCrazy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »

At least we have opportunity to be able to pray to the Good Lord to guide Obama and others high official the direction it needs.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »

Buscrazy,

How did you seam the front and rear cap to your painted siding?  I don't see any seams.  It looks like they are feathered smooth and seamless.  I was warned not to do that on my 10 when I put my coach together.  Due to shrinkage, expansion and movement there would be a crack at any feathered seam.  I caulked my joints to isolate the movement, simiilar to concrete isolation joints, and just as I was promised that is where the expansion/contraction is.   Nothing showed until after about 30k miles.

David
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »

David my Eagle was done professionally back in 1988 by Hercules Coach in KY. This Eagle bus was a Trailways bus, the bottom of the frame  is still painted Trailways red.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: