Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting the voltage regulator.  (Read 9643 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 09:03:17 AM »

Sojourner,

However make sure the regulator is 80 degree F before the adjustment and you don't have to do the "back it down" with engine off.

Thanx again. I'll follow your guidelines but, 80* nowadays may be tough to get to. Maybe it will get to that in the engine compartment if I let it run long enough. Hmmmmm.......
 Other wise, from what I understand your saying, I will just have to back it down and then start it up.

I do use a digi VOM when adjusting. The estimates were just from the dash gage.
OH!!! By the way, when I was trying to adjust it the other day, there was 0 voltage drop if I ran wire from the battery or took it off the Pos terminal of the regulator. I thought that odd, but that really was the way it checked. I'll still probably go with the jumper wire to make sure.

Chaz....About the warm up to 80°F mean to warm up regulator with current load (lights & blowers) regardless what the ambient temperature is at. I just want be sure that we understand.

And about the voltage being the same…if it under heavy loads …it will not be the same due to the resistant between the 2 tap points. In other word with NO load, it will be same voltage as the battery as well regulator’s + terminal tab but otherwise it will be difference.

I always enjoy your posts….your sense of humor.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Dallas

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »

Hah! I finally have an internet connection that will let me make a post!

Chaz Said,
Dallas was also confused
.... Yup, I spend most of my life that way!

DF
Thanx again. I'll follow your guidelines but, 80* nowadays may be tough to get to. Maybe it will get to that in the engine compartment if I let it run long enough. Hmmmmm.......
 Other wise, from what I understand your saying, I will just have to back it down and then start it up.

I do use a digi VOM when adjusting. The estimates were just from the dash gage.
OH!!! By the way, when I was trying to adjust it the other day, there was 0 voltage drop if I ran wire from the battery or took it off the Pos terminal of the regulator. I thought that odd, but that really was the way it checked. I'll still probably go with the jumper wire to make sure.

Warrior,
  I'll probably forgo the heavy drinking  Grin so I don't screw up too bad! LOL
I don't have a high idle (seems the solenoid is backwards for some reason. Dallas was also confused) so I will just stick a screwdriver in the throttle. It just makes me a little nervous.  Shocked

Thanx guys,
     Chaz
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:54:56 PM by Dallas » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 08:24:44 AM »

Chaz,

This one's for you Buddy,

YOU MUSN’T QUIT YOUR BUS CONVERSION

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debt is high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must! But never quit.

Life’s road is odd with its twists and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won if he’d stuck it out;
Stick to your task, though the pace seems slow—
You may succeed with one more blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
It’s when things seem worst that YOU MUSTN’T QUIT!

— Sandy Winterhalter, October 30, 2004

Kinda fits a lot of us huh. Good Read.

Paul
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2008, 09:03:57 AM »

Thanx Paul. It's totally appreciated.

But reality sometimes wins out. I have always been a sentimental idiot and thus have aquired way too much "stuff". I just don't do good with parting with anything so this isn't a light decision by any stretch of the imagination.
 But I'll tell ya, since my father left this world and I had to sell his and Mom's stuff a couple months ago, I've decided I can now get rid of stuff. That was forced upon me and it kinda opened a door for me. Hell, if I keep the bus I may just end up selling my houses and rentals and hit the road. I know that would be a stupid thing but what the hell. Except for my girlfriend I have no one to answer to anymore. 

Anyway, enough of this.........
  How about the size of that little screw in the pot of the regulator!?!? Ya just about have to be a jeweler to hit that little sucker!

Thanx again,
   Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

"Steady as she goes"

Grin
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 10:07:35 AM »

Chaz... a suggestion...put a small screwdriver through large diameter Mc Donald straw to keep it from ground in the adjusting hole.

Dreamscape...very good poem.

Thanks

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 11:10:01 AM »

Thanx Sojourner. Duct tape was more accessable. Smiley

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: