Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 29, 2014, 12:41:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov BCM  (Read 13683 times)
luvrbus

« on: November 05, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Any of you guys in the loop know what is going on with our beloved magazine I just recvied my November issues and it has gone from 70 pages to 30 pages in 1 month. I know Dennis said changes were being made but this ? is the magazine leaving us, the Nov issues unless I am missing it has no form for renewals and mine is due next month   Good Luck
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

I hope not,I just renewed mine for an additional year last month. First class as I look forward to the mag every week
CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

I have not recieved mine as of yet for nov I hope its still going to be around. Alot of info for newbies

servant for JESUS CHRIST
luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »

I noticed some of the advertisers like Peninsula Windows and Marathon are gone maybe more, could be Mike wants to do the electronic version it would be a lot cheaper for him   sorry but Motion window is still a advertiser  good luck
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:19:41 PM by luvrbus » Logged
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »

With the current state of the RV ecnonomy and the economy as a whole advertisers are probably cutting back.  If advertisers cut back you either reduce the number of pages or increase subscription rates.

I work at a newspaper and our ad revenue is quickly going bye bye.  The newspaper I work at currently uses less than half the tonnage of paper as we did seven or eight years ago.  Some of the reduction is reduced page width and thinner paper, but a fair bit is less advertising and therefore less news.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »

Belfert, a 40 page cut in 1 month is huge to me    good luck
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »

Wow! that is a reduction of more than 50%.  We are still on the road but will get home Sunday or Monday to see our copy.  Jack
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:19:29 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »

Sure hate to see it's demise - but the quality has really gone down hill over the last year.  Just one of the reasons I did not renew this year.  Kinda had a feeling this was going to happen.

Progress has been slow on my conversion - did not think BCM would be around long enough for me to submit a centerfold.

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »

Hi Guy's,

I too am dissapointed with my Nov. edition... I do know that the RV industry is under strain but, the printing busisness is entirely different.

I think that Mike has not found a buyer yet for the mag. and has lost alot of intrest in it. It's a shame to see it die out..

I would love to see someone purchace it from him because the mag has alot of value to us all here on the bbs. I see lots of new venues and

directions it could take. If my hands were not so full, I would concider taking it on but, no can do now...

Hopes for better times ahead
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 05:28:54 PM »

I have not received ours yet, but then again I'm in the middle of Texas. Roll Eyes

If the mag size has changed that much, that's not a good sign. Wonder if they will refund our money if it goes under? What a shame, I was hoping to see our Eagle in the centerfold in a couple of years! Wink

I just hope that someone will pick it up and keep it going! Smiley

Paul
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »

I got my online copy of the mag and usually read it there before the hard copy shows up.

Have not finished reading it online yet but what I have read looks good.

I am sure that there will be hiccups as they make changes and try to remain profitable.

A little patience and optimism goes a long way in my opinion.

I try and support the advertisers that show up and the magazine in general.

Just my way.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 04:47:08 AM »

i agree with Melbo.  i have faith and did renew my  subscription for another year, pdf version, since we may be on the road more in the future(?) depending on fuel, etc.  it took 2 weeks and a reminder phone call to get the November issue emailed, but i'm happy with the response from the office and Chad.

i'm sure Dennis reads the BBS.  a little support from those of us that use the bbs and subscribe to the mag would probably be helpful to them.

Fuel has hit us all hard, then the stock market decline lessoned the pot to draw fuel and travel money out of.  more RV's for sale and less travel means some advertisers may be cutting back instead of doing more to attract scarce dollars.  there are also a lot more web dollars which are less expensive and trackable instead of magazine dollars.  We should remember which advertisors are still supporting us in the mag, with your puchases.

my 2 cents.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 05:37:19 AM »

I just renewed mine for an additional year for 67$ CND...It's very expensive for the magazine in going down...Must I regret my renew? I hope not....I like this magazine and my girlfriend too...for the "Miss" each month Grin (I'm jaleous! Grin Grin)

Gaėtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 05:50:18 AM »

Yes I hear that Most of the RV manufactures in Elkhart IN have folded. I hope Mike can survive, Good suggestion on digital copy only. I will wait and see, but if less pages helps the Mag survive then so be it.

John
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »

It is human to not miss the water...... till the well runs dry.

1983 Eagle Bus Model 10
6V92
Thekempters.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: