Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 11:07:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov BCM  (Read 13201 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »

I would hardly say most RV manufacturers have gone under.  A number of smaller RV makers have gone under, but Fleetwood, Coachmen, Thor, Winnebago, Monaco, Country Coach, Forest River, Tiffin and others are still surviving. 

Most have cut back employment and production with a number closing in the Elkhart area to consolidate production elsewhere.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »

I wouldn't bank on Fleetwood being around very much longer - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:25:59 PM »

Belfer,

Sorry I should have said the Elkhart area, as it is like a Ghost town,

John
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »

One of the ones in Oregon crashed even before the big US crash, I forget which one but it was a biggie.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 02:06:35 PM »

Alfa-SeeYa owned by Crean's son - FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
JeromeBettis
COO/Vice President
Editor

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »

Bus Nuts,

Don't panic.  The delays in shipping have been partly due to the steep learning curve I have experienced as I have assumed the art director responsibilities and the restructuring of the magazine.

You will notice significant changes this month.  In the November editor's message, Dennis Myers does an excellent job of explaining the "what's and why's" so I will refrain from presenting a similar discourse.

As the new art director, it is my job to continue to deliver the same amount of content in a fewer number pages.  I believe we have succeeded in creating a magazine that has made a more efficient use of the BCM canvas, while maintaining the integrity of our content, and improving our look.

I will continue to work hard to deliver the content that the BCM community has grown to expect.  I'll need some help, though, in the form of feedback. I welcome it all.

Together we can continue to keep this 17 year old publication alive. It is my hope that can we slowly rebuild our advertising base, and thus boost our page count and deliver even more content.

As a sign of good faith, I will email the December issue as a .pdf to any subscribers at no additional cost.  You will receive your magazine sent electronically by the 18th of November or sooner.  Just send your request to chad@busconversions.com

Thanks,
Chad

I'm listening.  Send your feedback.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 08:40:33 AM »

Chad,

Thank you for your hard work and your responce. After receiving the mag for nearly 17 years I can say its had its ups and downs, but always has info and articles on my 25 year old hobby.

Even the very old articles were fabulous, maybe you could cut and past and add one of these in every once in a while?

John
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »

I don't received my magazine (november) yet. Almost my renew (october) has been charged in my credit card. I still wait...Quebec is so far..... Grin

Gaėtan & Manon (french canadian)
Prevost, Le Mirage XL, 1987
Quebec, Canada

http://latchodromquebec.blogspot.com/2010/05/la-fin-du-voyage.html

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

I asked to be converted to email.  Every little bit counts, I hope.  Personally, I find the hard copy easier to peruse but I must be old school.  I'm old everything else.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 06:39:39 AM »

I have not received October or November yet. Contacted Dennis who refered it to a Karen but still have not received anything after over a week. It seems strange that no one would at least notify us on the board if they are having some problems.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
bigjohnkub
pd4903-188 and now pd4107

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

I have received my copy and it is smaller. So is my Farmer stockman, and My northern hydraulics master catalogue. Probably a sign of the times. I did think the pictures of centerfold were much sharper and glossier.
   Big John

Big John  Tyler Tx PD 4903-188 & 4107
871 dd, 4 spd Fuller.
LOVE MY BUS!!!!
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »

What's the problem with BCM? I send message by mail and I have no answer! What a lot of bull(edited)!

The bill is passed on my credit card but the magazine is not in the boxmail!!!!! RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It will be the last year this renew...BCM is not serious company.....

Gaėtan Girard
St-Casimir (Portneuf)
Quebec, Canada

Gaėtan, I am sending Mike a link to this.  I certainly understand your frustration, but please let's try to keep the language civil here.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:09:32 AM by HighTechRedneck » Logged

Quebec, Canada

cody

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 06:08:07 AM »

November 20th and I still havn't recieved my november issue, guess I won't be getting one.
Le Mirage

Le Mirage XL 1987

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 06:27:06 AM »

I see that I'm not alone in the boat! I have just sending a message at JeromeBettis. I wait his answer and explanation....Curiously, I have received my renew "just in time" (for my cash $$$$ may be!)

Why we will put each name of member here who don't received his BCM yet (november 20th)?

I begin.....(just copy the post....)

1. Gaėtan Girard (Le Mirage), Quebec, Canada

Quebec, Canada

luvrbus

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 06:34:41 AM »

Mine renews in Dec and after 16 years no more for me sad in oneway but like they say all good things come to a end,the same with his rallies at one time where the very best you could ask for     
good luck
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:38:38 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: