Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:14:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov BCM  (Read 13010 times)
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2008, 05:02:06 PM »

HEY Dallas no bad mouthing any brand of bus here.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »

Skip,

If you want to switch to an Eagle, I should have a box of it around here somewhere.

Grin Cheesy Grin

Hey Dallas, that looks like my red dust! How the heck did you get it?HuhHuh

Grin

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »

Now Dallas...you are a bad bad man!
If that would have been Tekebird that made that post we would have been attending a funeral in Mechanicsburg next week and about a dozen Rust...I mean Eagle owners in the Mechanicsburg Jail! Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2008, 08:15:35 PM »

If that would have been Tekebird that made that post we would have been attending a funeral in Mechanicsburg next week and about a dozen Rust...I mean Eagle owners in the Mechanicsburg Jail! Grin
Jack

Now that is funny! At least I know Dallas has good intentions...............I think anyway........... Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
VanTare

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »

I do not know much about a Eagle but when they are done right they are 1 of the most beautiful buses on the road and this is coming from one that owns a H-45 that looks likes a Monoco RV 

David
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:13:12 AM by VanTare » Logged
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2008, 04:08:51 AM »

I think I have recieved 0ne issue since I moved.........My own fault.
 Don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get the new address updated with them.

Not really like I got to read it anyways. Turns out the grand daughter loves to pull out
 all pictures of Eagles and then hides them :O
  By the time I get a chance to read it pages are missing.

Skip

My DECEMBER arrived this morning!!!  i haven't even read it yet, but wanted to post that i had it.  Came in from my buddy Chad in my email.

This would solve both your problems, skip.  it would arrive via email no matter where you are as long as your email stays the same, and it would be tough for your grandaughter to remove all the Eagle pics until you printed them out. 

Since you wouldn't easily be able to do that (print), your best bet is to actually get a fine bus.  however, i'd be careful of Dallas' method.  from what i hear, the orange stuff also accumulates underneath certain other brands, although Eagles appear to be more prolific.  Dallas' box of stuff might have other brands like MCI or Van Hool mixed in and you'd end up with some mix like a Dina or something. Shocked Shocked Cheesy

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Dallas

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2008, 04:33:23 AM »

I usually have good intentions, at least I have tried to have good intentions...

And yes it's all in fun, after all, as the saying goes...

Ashes to ashes,
and Dust to Dust,
If wasn't for Eagles,
My GM could rust!

Wink Grin Wink

Jack

Now that is funny! At least I know Dallas has good intentions...............I think anyway........... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:35:53 AM by Dallas » Logged
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2008, 05:42:23 AM »

Skip,
If you want to switch to an Eagle, I should have a box of it around here somewhere.
Grin Cheesy Grin

Gee Dallas,
   You sure that is from an Eagle.  Thay looks like what came out of the front of our MC-8 below the windshield.   Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »

When I saw the rust I went out to our GMC and made sure it wasn't GGOONNEE! LOL
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
Dallas

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

Yup, that's honest Eagle stuff... along with a bit of Setra stuff, but hey, they are brethrens and cisterns. It came from a little shop in Western Tennessee when an unnamed bus nut from waaaaayyy up north brought the snow and sleet with him.

I won't mention any names, as that would not let the anomalous donor keep his/her privacy.
Kiss

DF

Skip,
Grin Cheesy Grin

Gee Dallas,
   You sure that is from an Eagle.  Thay looks like what came out of the front of our MC-8 below the windshield.   Jack

wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »

I will say that in the past when I called BCM I got a live person on the phone every time, but last week I tried several times during normal business hours, and all I got was a recording. I did not care for that at all, and I was going to get a subscription for a Christmas present, plus buy some back issues, but I'm wondering if they are even there at all.  I think I might just hang onto my money, and see what happens, or I'll just use the money to subscribe to Farm Show a great little mag for the do it yourself kind of guy.

WvaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
JeromeBettis
COO/Vice President
Editor

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2008, 01:49:08 PM »

I apologize for the lack of response to  your calls.  I assure you that although BCM is in a transition phase we are alive and well and putting out a magazine with improved quality and a preservation of content integrity that readers have come to expect when reading BCM.

If you'd like an electronic copy on the house.  Let me know. I'd be glad to send one out to you for your troubles.

Chad
BCM Art Director

I'm listening.  Send your feedback.
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »

Hi Chad, I would love to see what an electronic version looks like.
jackhartjr@aol.com
Thanks a ton!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
luvrbus

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

Chad, thanks for your reply but some of us are getting upset over when we have a question about the magazine nobody will answer and we know you guys read the board.Why is there no renewal form in the magazine any longer Mike has always wanted you to renew early so you wouldn't miss a issue I am just asking a question here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 11:33:33 AM by luvrbus » Logged
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2008, 02:23:05 PM »

Chad, thank your reply but some of us are getting upset over when we have a question about the magazine nobody will answer and we know you guys read the board.Why is there no renewal form in the magazine any longer Mike has always wanted you to renew early so you wouldn't miss a issue I am just asking a question here.

While I don't know the reasons why the print magazine doesn't have the renewal card in it, I do have good news for many about online subscription/renewals.  I am in the process now of rebuilding the BCM website.  One of several new site features will be a new fully automated subscription system with some great new functionality:

• It is fully automated.  This removes human error from the handling of subscription renewal/expirations.
  • It can accept online subscriptions/renewals with secure online payment processing or you can still mail in a check.
  • You can log in and change your mailing address at any time and the change is made instantly in the system.
  • Subscribers to the email version can log in and download their copy if they don't get the email.

Other new features include:

• An improved online classifieds system with some great rates and free listings under $150.
  • An e-store for buying back issues and even the current issue for immediate download (and possibly some BCM and bus related novelty merchandise soon).  Maybe even some bus conversion books.
  • Other bus related free content to be available soon to registered site members.

Also, there will be a post in the forum and a notation made on the forum's calendar each month when the print magazine mails out.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: