Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 08:17:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Entry Steps Tile  (Read 4446 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »

I started to remove the rubber on my steps and found out it is nearly impossible to remove without some serious tools.  The rubber is actually attached to sheet metal and the whole thing needs to come up.  I eventually gave up on the entry steps because I spent my time rebuilding most of the interior this summer.

My plan is cover the steps in aluminum tread plate and then paint the aluminum with an industrial epoxy coating.  My buddy works in a large machine shop and he can get most of the aluminum for little or nothing.  The hardest part will be getting everything cut to fit.  I figure this will make it easy to sweep out all the dust and dirt that gets tracked in.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »

Diamond plate is slick as the proverbial cat's @$# when wet; sandblasting will help. Simply make a cardboard pattern for each tread to use to cut the plate.
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

Bill
  I have an MCI 8 ,Two  years ago I removed the old covering of the steps ,cleaned out the debris and silicone 12" x12" ceramic cut down floor tile, I also used silicone as grout. This has worked well for us (added note we are not what you would skinny mini!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
    Dwayne
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »

Dwayne,

Hummmmm, I like that, will play with that thought tomorrow.  That would be a neat way to fill the gap that is now left open when I removed the rubber and backing.

Thanks,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »

I'm about to anchor down the base boards on the steps. Is there anything I need to know about.  Wires, air, brake lines or anything else that I don't care to put a screw through   Huh

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:40:44 AM »

I'm about to anchor down the base boards on the steps. Is there anything I need to know about.  Wires, air, brake lines or anything else that I don't care to put a screw through   Huh
Bill

Bill,
  I can't remember anything under the OEM steps on our MC-8, but I have slept since then and have not had my morning coffee yet. I suggest you scoot into the spare tire compartment with a flashlight and take a quick look at the bottom of the sterps. I do recall a couple air lines fastened to the vertical bulkhead that is the rear wall of the stepwell.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
cody

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »

At jacks rally last year there was a bus with a diamond plate interior, really cool idea, I liked it and I'm kinda a wood guy at heart, it was kinda like walking into a really big tool box lol. Everything in it was diamond plate, walls, floor, ceiling, the whole thing, instead of joinery, it was weldery lol.  Not sure where this fits into the topic maybe my meds are wearing off lol.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »

Cody,

I recall seeing that bus, it was really nice and neat, like a large tool box.  A man's bus,,,,,  Of course that has nothing to do with what I'm doing, but never the less, it's always nice hearing from you.....LOL

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: