Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:14:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6V92TA & Allison 747 to be installed in older 05 Eagle  (Read 2276 times)
windancer

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2006, 09:18:49 AM »

I'm looking at putting a 6V92TA with Allison 747 in an older Eagle.  Do's, don'ts or any ideas or advise on this subject.  Floor under the center bed has already been raised 10" to allow for turbo and exhaust manifolds to be reversed on engine so they will clear.  Will the miter bos work okay?  The engine came out of a 24 volt system.  All the 24 volt sending units can be changed out with my 12 volt system.  They only problem I can see is the 24 volt jake brake system.  Do they have to be changed out to 12 vilt completely or can I get 12 volt electrical parts for them?
dickegler

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:10:26 PM »

Hi Windancer!

I'm currently installing a 6V92TA/B400 in out 75 eagle 05.  Not for the faint of heart.  Many details to overcome.  It's taking much longer  and costing much more than I anticipated. Major items have been under the bed structural mods, driveshaft, exhaust,radiator plumbing, air intake, and fan drive.  Major wiring also required.  DDEC2 and World Transmission. 

We stripped every item we thought we'd need from an Orion transit as donor.  Added jake $400,reprogram ddec2 to 330 hp  $500, reprogram WTEC for 6 speeds  $200, new radiator  $900,exhaust $500,Delco 50 DN 12 volt  $300,  driveshaft $200, fan drive gearbox and pulleys  $400, wiring cable  $200,   plus lots of small items I can't even remember like hose belts nuts and bolts.

I think it'll be a great combination when finished, just bogged down right now.  Still need to finish radiator, and fan drive.   Takes so much time.  I foolishly thought when the engine/transmission was mounted, I'd be abouut half done.  No way.  All the little things take many hours of planning and construction.  If you don't have above average mechanical skills and an ample budget, I'd pass.

But I'm knee deep in it now and will finish in a few more weeks.  No time right now.  That adds to the frustration.

dick egler

dick egler  atlanta, in  92 prevost/beaver conversion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: