Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 06:29:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One side hotter than the other?  (Read 1151 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »

Ok, here's one that has me stumped! Dad came in off a run last night in our 102A3 that we just put the new 6V92TA in back in March (same as what it had before), while dumoing the holding tank I opened the engine compartment and was playing around checking things over! Well for some reason I reached in the compartment on the driver side and felt not cold but not hot air blowing from the squirrel cage blower on that side! I thought wow this things running cool! Well then just to see I stuck my hand under the blower on the otherside and it was boling hot! The temp guage is on the side blowing hot air, and it shows normal, but the otherside is blowing alot cooler! Has anyone ever experienced this?  I've never noticed this before, but then again I'm not usually in the habit of just stick'n my hands in the engine compart ment feel'n temps unless I'm look'n for a known problem either! BK Huh

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:58:42 PM »

BK, shut down the coach, see if the squirrel cage spins ON the shaft, like its got a broken keyway.
Hope this might help you.
Sammy  Cool
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »

Independent thermostats. It's possible the one side was closed before the other. Maybe two different temps.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:23:38 PM »

This is why it is a good idea to have the two hot pipes coming out of the engine go into a merge then separate again so both radiators are being used the same.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: