Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:32:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash a/c on mci 9  (Read 3628 times)
luvrbus

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »

P Eagle, here is a link for you if you want to buy parts to build your own or buy one of their kits  www.ackits.com  good luck
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 05:16:58 AM »

We are going to remove our otr air. We have sunk 4k into it, so far, and it still doesn't work (The shop that was working on it, is a great shop. They know what they are doing (having a fleet of buses themselves) so we don't suspect them of "taking" us.) The guys at the shop tried everything. It just hasn't started working, even after replacing every part that it could be. We will take it out and just use the roof airs and generator for running the air. If we would have know it would cost 4k and still not work, well I will just say, OUCH.

Anyways, we will install another alternator where the compressor is. We really try not to mess with our "accessories" that are vital to the "running" of the engine (even though I know of several others that tapped into the main alternator, which I am sure is okay, we just will have an extra "slot" for another alternator).

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 05:18:24 AM »

A search for Red Dot returns no hit. Have they stopped selling them?
platinum mci

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:39:28 AM »

I was able to fin red dot by the link luverbus gave.
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 05:51:10 AM »

A search for Red Dot returns no hit. Have they stopped selling them?

Hmmmm, I typed in "Red Dot AC" and got 575,000 hits.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Red+Dot+AC&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

IHTH,
DF
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:06 AM »

I bought dash air from these folks cheaper than Red Dot and you can deal direct no middle man.You will love dash air on a bus most units have twice the BTU of a roof mounted a/c and set up properly they cool the hot air coming from the winshields first

www.proairllc.com   have a great day
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:45:20 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 07:13:27 AM »

Hello;
   I have installed a dash system that utilized 2 evaporators;  one is the original dash unit and the other is mid kitchen installed in the main kitchen lower cupboard basically taking the place of a kitchen drawer.  THe system is a split evaporator running with a red dot condensor mounted on the roof and the compressor is mounted on top of the blower fan pulley.
   System works well but runs about $ 2500  for the parts .
      I will be at Jacks rally for those who may be interested to look at this type of system.
         Regards    and happy bussin   mike

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
kingfa39

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 07:49:01 AM »

i had nothing left of the original a/c when i bought my 06, i put two roof airs in and a small fan in the front, however later while going down the raod we had a gen fire, so i made up a system using street rod after mkt parts, two eveporators 1 sanden compressor, best thing i ever did, i never run gen set on the road anymore, no need. there are many ways you can do this, i love my system
Frank allen  4106
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »

by reading all of this i am assuming that the fact that my OTR a/c makes me turn into a block of ice i am one of the lucky few who has working OTR a/c?

also, another question on this topic, my mc9 has an aux a/c unit in the back, and it doenst really work too well.  so i am looking to remove it...where would i find info on how to properly remove the unit?

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
platinum mci

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 03:28:09 PM »

Thanks everybody for the great advice I'am going to call proair in the morning and talk to those guys about what i will have to have to install the system in our bus
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »

I was trying to find it on the "discountvantruck" site. Does anyone know approximately what a dash air setup costs for an MC9?
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »

I went through Dan Hard to price out an OTR A/C system for my bus.  I don' remember exactly, but the total was between $2,000 and $2,500.  This was for a driver's evaporator, passenger evaporator, condenser, compressor, and some controls.  The evaporators also had heat coils for heat from the engine in the winter.

This is for a Dina, but an MC9 wouldn't be much different.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: