The Air X turbine is up and operateing. It's 28 ft. in the air and generateing power "at times"... So far, it has not been so windy out
and there has only been 1 windy day for testing. Start up speed is as stated, 9/10mph and I have only measured 18 mph around here
so far. I have to admit, that this project has been alot of fun but, I can see where a combination of wind and Solar will be a better
set-up.. I'm sure when Jan/Feb rolls around I will have more steady winds around here to produce a constant charge on the batt bank.
The turbine has 3- 22" blades. I just located an aftermarketer that sells 6- 28" blades with a custom hub to fit my Air-X unit. They claim
that with the 6 longer blades, that the start up wind speed will drop to 4mph and give me a more steady surpluss of power. I ordered them
yesterday and I should get them next week.
So Far I spent
635 for the turbine
135 for 1 1/2" sch 40 galv pipe and fittings
180 for 60ft of 6-3 marine jacketed stranded copper wire
58 for connectors, fasteners, and misc items
1008 total. My Labor, PRICELESS
After the new blades arrive I will have spent another 150. Still $1158 for 400 watts I think is still reasonable...
I will post pics soon