Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 04:14:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: catalytic LP heaters  (Read 5059 times)
cody

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »

Yep, it's hooked up and has been working for a while, I average 9 to 12 days off the 20 pound tank, I'm as happy as a clam with it, on low it keeps the bus between 68 and 72 degrees, thats with a fan going to keep the air from layering, and with the ceiling vent slightly cracked.  No problems with the detectors at all, so they like them too, the condensation level hasn't been bad, even in the subzero weather we've had the last few days it's been comfortable in the bus tho the floor could have been warmer but at -30 or more below, it's understandable.  I've gone thru a couple of tanks of gas now and it works great.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »

Cody,

Glad to hear it worked out. I've used two portable "Little Buddy" heaters from Camping World for the three years we've owned our 4104 and never had any of the oxygen or CO problems, but do get condensation with my single pane original windows.

They will run at medium heat on a one lb LP bottle for about three hours. I got tired of this and rigged two 20 lb bottles in a rear bay with a hose going up through the floor, works great. I haven't used one 20lb bottle yet and use the other one as a spare.

They make the bus nice and cozy and we normally don't use more than one at a time. However, we did fire up the second one a week ago when we got caught in an ice storm and stayed at a WM.

Of course my bus is nowhere near air tight so I don't worry about CO; anyway, the heaters have a sensor for low oxygen which will make them shut off automatically. This feature also keeps them from operating at high altitudes but this is not a problem for us so far.

I really like the capability of moving them around for spot heat, that way I don't need to heat the whole bus.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »

Cody,

-30 and all is well?  Glad to hear it. 

When the floor is cold, ramp up the speed of the fan that is   stratifying you air.  I have always gotten away with a very small 6 inch fan but I can see where if I were in the extreme temps that you are I would need to move the air around faster.  Really makes a difference, huh?  Cold feet aren't fun.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 06:24:18 PM »

The floor is radiating cold into the bus, I need to insulate that better in the spring.Weather like this is a good way to check systems and troubleshoot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: