Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 06:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 3340 times)
tekebird

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:41:12 AM »

I have just been asked to refrain from any negative postings about Eagle, the Eagle Brand or the Silver Eagle bus manufacturing

if you look at any initial posting in a thread they are generally purely informational...as this last post was.

They are indeed looking for 5 million in investments.

With this moderator request, I was also asked to change my signature which comments on Eagles as being prone to corrosion (also a true fact)

With this new restriction placed on me I would ask the moderators to also ask other members to refrain from posting any negative posts about any product or company!  Also I would ask the moderators to contact any member that has a signature that has any religous or political Connotation which others may take offense to.

Seems it was all find and dandy to attack Sam Walker on this board, but to openly discuss Eagles or Silver Ealge Bus Manufacturing, is offensive and cannot be allowed.

tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:04 AM »

Furthermore, I was asked to change my signature.

Yet it seems that It was done for me not more than a few miuntes following the PM which I was asked to change it.

You Eagle people need to get a life, GOD, I have never found any group of people so damn defensive about a brand or a company ( which they have no stake in).

Ealges Ride nice: Yes
Some folks like Eagle styling: Yes
Some folks even like the New Eagle styling:Yes ( although they are in minority:
Eagles in general are prone to corrosion: Yes,
Other buses rust:yes

There are others on this board that agree with me, both on my views on the Eagle as far as Corrosion, and on the prospects of the future of Silver Eagle bus Manufaturing.

This board is a public forum!  those who do not like what certain people post do not have to read those post.  Or do you just not have the self control to do that.

My Eagle posts are clearly under threads with the Eagle title, and are Clearly posted below my ID which should make it fairly easy to ignor anything I post if you find it offensive to your gung ho Eagle mentality.

Now I have never wished Silver Eagle bus to fail, despite thier own efforts to make my prediction come true, or should I say lack of effort to make a true go of it.  Making horse buggies and sueing Petsmart for design infringement of Horse sadle racks does not mean you can build buses.

It was a nice thought but you cannot make a go of a company in an industry which was well above any of the principles heads. 

Furthermore, in my occasional search on Silver Eagle, which is always in a response to a direct inquiry about them made to me: I have found the principles are more interested in Facebook, and other similar online forms more than even having their own Company website setup where photos are not half cropped, text over photos etc.

If you delve back into my posts that was my first critisism of the company.  they could go to the local highschool and pay some kid and get a better end product. 

Now as for comapny failure, Yep They failed to meet my timeline! But then again what would you expect form a company that cannot meet thier own timeline.

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:05:38 AM »

Reputations, they can hurt as much as they can help you. . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »

yeah we all know you don't like me either

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »

I don't recall posting that. While I have questioned motives of several that post here, that doesn't mean I dislike them.  Shocked

So, does that mean I'm not on your Christmas card list this year?  Roll Eyes

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »

Tekebird,  we all know you don't like Eagles. The thing that bothers me is that you seem to take glory in putting the Eagle brand down. As an Eagle owner I take offense to that. I am glad that the Silver Eagle Bus Mfg Co is in business, it validates our buses again and makes it easier to get parts from some really nice people who treat us like family and with respect. We Eagle owners are here to stay and we love our buses. I don't discriminate against MCIs. I like MCIs, in fact, I almost bought one but the seller changed his mind, other wise I would be driving an MCI. I like all brands of buses and that is what makes us REAL bus nuts.  Have a nice day!

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:15:56 AM »

This board is a public forum!  those who do not like what certain people post do not have to read those post. 

While this is true, we all need to follow the rules and try to show respect for all the other members of the BB.  
  To date, we have received no complaints about any other "tags", but had received several complaining about your tag.  We do not respond to every complaint, as some are very superficial and only received from 1 member, but when we receive many complaints from different members about one particular post, we look more seriously at those complaints. Jack
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:22:09 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »

Tekebird,

I am truly surprised by this event.  I will have to now look into the archives and see what your tag line was.  I do not recall anything offensive in that or your postings.  I have always liked the styling of the old eagles.  They sort of seemed like the standard.  I have heard that they had more serious corrosion problems than many others.  Plus I remembered reading a long article by an old Greyhound (or was it Trailways) driver who said that all the drivers preferred other coaches.  However, I would guess that whatever issues existed were avoidable or fixable.  I may have been naive here but I have thought that the small amount of jokes about one brand over another was all just harmless fun.  Anyway, if Eagles are now off limits for your criticisms, please feel free to ridicule my MC5a anytime you want.  My self esteem will not be effected as long as you do not make negative comments about my plaid jumpsuit.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Blacksheep

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »

This looks like the same scenario with Obama/McCain thread! It just never ends until people get pissed and the moderators step in!
What a shame to waste a good bus board on simple BS!

BNO is looking better with each post!

Ace
cody

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »

Back only a few days from your banishment for doing this and once again it starts, how can trolling like this bring you so much pleasure, and I'm sure the fine people at Eagle feel badly that they didn't meet your expectations either.  Being an eagle owner I'm proud of the bus I chose and love, I find no pleasure in pointing out the failings of MCI or any other bus, I don't revel in the problems they have with air bags, nor do I take pleasure in the fact that they had to file bankruptsy, I feel that anytime a bus company has problems, as a bus community we all loose.
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:01:55 AM »

Personally, I'd like to add my own Eagle comments....

1) I think their on-road perfomance has been shown to be generally poor.
2) They never seem to meet their owner's expectations.
3) Some weeks they run fine, and the next week they have problems.
4) You'll see a nice conversion once in a while, but still not the best for a long drive.

... and lastly if the Giants hold Westbrook to only 59 yards rushing, like last Sunday, of course they are going to lose.

Oh, what's that?  Ooops, wrong Eagles.

Grin  Sorry just a poor attempt at humor in an otherwise volatile discussion....    Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:08:15 AM by WEC4104 » Logged

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
cody

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »

Yeah, but just check out the cheerleaders, some real redeeming quality there lol.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »

Yeah, but just check out the cheerleaders, some real redeeming quality there lol.

Got any pictures?  Grin  Wink  Roll Eyes

Kobbeltvedt

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »

Tekebird,

I have come to the conclusion that you have nothing better to do than to sit around and surf the internet to try and find whatever you can about Silver Eagle Bus.

As for your comment that Eagle owners do not have a stake in SEB, I say, they do! The value of their Eagle Coaches has risen and parts such as the torsion bars are again readily available thanks to SEB.

Another thing, they never built horse buggies. They built off road racing equipment and horse saddle racks. It seems as though you have combined the two to come up with horse buggies. It would be nice if you get the facts straight.

It seems to me that there must be some underlying factor here that we are not aware of for you to continue to bash SEB. Eventually it will come out and we will see who has egg on their face.

Lastly, it would be nice if you checked your posts for spelling and grammar. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, but I counted at least 26 errors in spelling and grammar. Maybe this is all "well over your head" and you should not post here, if you know what I mean.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »

Tekebird,

I am truly surprised by this event.  I will have to now look into the archives and see what your tag line was.  I do not recall anything offensive in that or your postings.  I have always liked the styling of the old eagles.  They sort of seemed like the standard.  I have heard that they had more serious corrosion problems than many others.  Plus I remembered reading a long article by an old Greyhound (or was it Trailways) driver who said that all the drivers preferred other coaches.  However, I would guess that whatever issues existed were avoidable or fixable.  I may have been naive here but I have thought that the small amount of jokes about one brand over another was all just harmless fun.  Anyway, if Eagles are now off limits for your criticisms, please feel free to ridicule my MC5a anytime you want.  My self esteem will not be effected as long as you do not make negative comments about my plaid jumpsuit.

I will have to now look into the archives and see what your tag line was.

Lin,

When you change your "tagline"  it also changes in the archives........

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

OK, I'll chime in here (even though I may be sorry later).  I seldom post on the other board because, when I started reading it, there were a lot of negative, sarcastic, and perhaps even nasty comments.  I'm too old to have to put up with that stuff.  

When stuff is directed at me, I vote with my feet - and go away (or, in this context, become inactive/lurk - but stop contributing).  When I see the negative comments directed at another, person, company, etc. - I wonder if it's preventing other new members from becoming active.  I never see a reason to hurt someone else's feelings; and if I know there's a topic that's sensitive/emotional to someone, I won't bring it up or participate.  For example, I was working in Atlanta last week, when folks wanted to talk about the political situation, I just kept on with my bus schedule analysis work.

What I found different about this board is the general civility; live and let live, do it your way approach.  I, for one, appreciate the moderators, and the work they must do sometimes to keep things civil.  I don't want to have to avoid threads because they have some hot button word that will always bring a response from someone - and it's surprising that it always seems to be some negative response - think Corvair and Ralph Nader; sugar doughnuts and Richard Simmons.    

We all live by our reputations, and how we're perceived by others.  I've run into someone that has the front outside dash panel for my 4107, I'd like to replace the one dented by the previous owner.  However, because of the individual's posting personality, there's no way I'd do business with him if there was any, repeat, any other option.

Yes, perceptions can change.  I'm glad to see Ace's participation here now.  The way I read some earlier posts, I couldn't always say that I enjoyed the flavor of his posts.  Now, if I meet Ace, I'd like to shake his hand.

So, moderators, thanks for the work.  Other potential participants (new members, lurkers), don't let a minority of acid tongues keep you from participating - as I have with the other board.  For all of us, in posting habits, maybe a thought is what our reputation/report card would say in the "plays well with others" category.  

Passenger Chime switch off.

Arthur      

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »

Back only a few days from your banishment for doing this and once again it starts, how can trolling like this bring you so much pleasure, and I'm sure the fine people at Eagle feel badly that they didn't meet your expectations either.  Being an eagle owner I'm proud of the bus I chose and love, I find no pleasure in pointing out the failings of MCI or any other bus, I don't revel in the problems they have with air bags, nor do I take pleasure in the fact that they had to file bankruptsy, I feel that anytime a bus company has problems, as a bus community we all loose.

Cody,

To some, any attention is good!    Even if its Bad attention!

Its called psycho-something.............

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Songman

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:05:40 PM »

I see that the time out and moderator warning didn't help. Most of us knew it wouldn't. Lots of people have left the forum over one person. What a shame. I have joined them and I am sure I won't be missed by the ones causing it. As I said in another post, anyone who does value my input or friendship knows how to get in touch with me.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »

Teke,

Rust lets talk rust.
I acquired a 1981 MCI 9 from a friend of mine, The coach was a none rest room  configuration so spent its whole life  ( 210.000 miles) as a airport shuttle. During the stop and paint conversion phase he had difficulty removing some of the paint on the side panels. So he removed both sides and replaced them with a thicker material. However when the side panels were removed they exposed a mess of rusted tubing, which had rusted though and had to be replaced.

This bus had spent it whole working carrier from 1981 til 2003 in Orlando Florida.

John
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: