Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 05:53:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V731 1984 Transmission Controller Damaged  (Read 780 times)
mikesr53

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »

Hi, Thanks for allowing me into your newsgroup.

I am a small truck and trailer repair shop in Baltimore. While testing for a reverse light problem, one of my techs damaged the ATEC on an old 1984 Flxble Bus. We sent the bus to the local Allison shop and a they confirmed the problem. They only want $3300.00 for a new one! Well, being a low budget operation and the fact that I have to eat this one, I removed the ATEC and pulled off the cover. There is a capacitor burned out on the board. I am attempting a repair if I can get documentation to support this ATEC. All I need is the value of this component. I have an electronics background and really have nothing to lose.... Huh

Now, I know what you're thinking, but I have successfully repaired 2 out of 2 engine computers in the same fashion over the years. The older trucks had very little reverse polarity and voltage protection built into the ECUs, so usually a component or two will fry. To repair remove and replace the burned ones and  you're back in business. 

Anyone out there that has intimate knowledge of these controllers? Or a used one that I can buy?

Thanks, Mike
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »

Mike, call Nick at Nimco he will sale you a complete transmission cheaper than that,He will have the unit  1-800-526-2253  and good luck
mikesr53

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »

Thank you verrrry much. Nick had a replacement for $350.00! It is on the way!
WOW, What a group, logged on for 25 minutes and PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks again.
BTW, Thanks to all the Veterans for your service and sacrifice to our country, you are appreciated more than you know!
cody

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »

Mike, like I said in the chat area, just post it and someone will have the answer, it's a great bunch of guys here and a huge bank of knowledge and contacts. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: