Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 09:48:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A SAD!! DAY FOR THE BUS INDUSTRY  (Read 1498 times)
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »

Hi Folks:

I received a call, this afternoon, from Mary, the office manager at Dean's Coach, Durham, N.C. to advise me that Gary Dean passed away suddenly and peacefully at his home on Tuesday 6/20/06.

He was a very knowledgeable GIANT of the bus industry, a Good Business Friend of MINE, and will be sorely missed by ALL. We talked for an hour last week and I was making plans to go spend some time with him, as we had never met, and we are about the same age!!!  Well, the Good Lord had another idea!!!

I posted this on BNO and Yahoo GMC Group.  If someone else who knew Gary would pick up the ball and spread it onto the other Boards, I would appreciate it, as it is late for me.   Thanks in Advance!

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to All.  And ENJOY!!! each day, asa we don't know how many HE has planned for us.

LUKE at US COACH
mak

Southern California location

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:19:29 PM »

Gary Dean was a knowlegable and helpful guy. When we started the Bus Conversion Magazine he had a monthly feature call Mr Goodbus... or was it Dr Goodbus... or something like that (15 years ago), he wrote a lot of helpfull stories for our readers.
My prayers go out to his family
mak

I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:56:33 AM »

I am so sorry to hear of this,I meet Gary a few months when I went there to buy some parts for my bus and he was a very sincerly nice person who took time out of his day(almost 3 hours) to answer questions and give me pointers and ideas,he also saved me alot of money by telling me things not to do,you are right Luke this is a very sad thing,mine and Kathy's prayers go out for him and his family  Mike
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 05:59:46 AM »

I never met Gary Dean in person and only talked to him once on the phone.
I always took what he said and was able to apply it to projects I was working on.
He gave freely of his time and knowledge and had a pretty good sense of humor.
My heartfelt condolences to his family. I hope they find solace in this their time of loss and grief.

If someone wants to copy and send these comments to the Dean family, I have no problem with it.

Dallas
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »

Although I never met Garry, I have talked to him on the phone and purchased parts from him since 1985. I felt that I knew him as if I had met him.  Always helpful, positive and a great sense of humor.  Our condolences and prayers go out to his family.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: