Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 10:09:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: free 1990 Eagle 15 to use for a while  (Read 720 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:34:25 AM »

i emailed an ebay seller that had a nice looking but partially converted Eagle 15 up for sale about a year ago.  He still has it, has added another $40k in parts, etc.  he offered to let me use it while i finished the conversion Shocked Shocked

"I do still have it, but it is in California now with us since we moved here. I had the 8v92 rebuilt, so mechanically and structurally it is in superb condition. I also switched the 50DN to 24v and put in 2 8D house batts and a 5kw aims inverter, threw one of those Honda inverter gensets in the A/C bay and got 4 rooftop AC units. The problem is that I now have $65k in it and it is probably worth more for me to keep for parts for my 45 foot Eagle than it would be worth for you to buy.

I'd take half of what I have into it, but my guess is you could get one that is more worn mechanically but still runnable for closer to $15k - $20k.

Here is a thought. If you have the skills and a hankering to do some conversion work, I'd think about just lending it to you in return for some improvements.
"

obviously, he doesn't know me.  i have improved mine and maintained it, but i'm not the converter that some of you are. 

just thought i'd post this in case some of you need a bus to drive and have time and knowledge to convert.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: