Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jakes for 8v71 fit or not on 92?  (Read 6813 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »

Dale,

Thanks for all of your work. I will get that model# for you tomorrow. The bus won't be done until tomorrow Sad.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Songman

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

somebody that needed more went to about $600.

This kit didn't have any of the required wiring or switches. It's a good starting kit but by the time you buy the extra stuff you will still have $900+ in it for used, not rebuilt.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2008, 06:54:30 PM »

Okay... Finally got some time to figure out some pricing. We can cover just about anybody's needs with either new or used. John316, I have already talked to you about the set for the 60 Series.

---

If you want a rebuilt set, the price is $950 for everything except the valve covers.

If you want a brand new set, the price is $1600 for everything except the valve covers.

These prices include a standard buffer switch. If you want the buffer switch for high idle the price would be higher. That switch is very expensive.

If we can help you out, send me a PM with your shipping info so I can figure shipping costs. If you are close enough in SoCal, come on by and pick them up. We will be in New Orleans next week and may be able to bring some with us for anyone who is ready to buy and can meet us there.

If you have questions, you can also call us at 661-391-4520.

used is fine, i'll send the pm.  paypal or cc? or check?  can you deliver at Bussin 2009?  i'll be near NOrleans around jan 10, in case you want to install them there.
thanks.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Songman

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »

Sent you a PM, Tom.

Apparently there are some who think I might have violated the forum rules by letting Tom know that we had the parts he asked about here. If that is the case, the moderators have my permission, not that they would need it, to edit this post. I know it would be a violation if I posted ads in the mall for these but Tom asked and I responded. I don't see a violation. I see helping out a bus nut. I tried to reach Tom by PM months ago and for some reason the PMs didn't go through. So when he made the post here I told him I had been trying to reach him.
Songman

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »

It's okay, wildbob24. You can stop the PMs now. I deleted the Jake info so you will not have to play forum police anymore. The other people who were asking in this thread will have to come to the Eagles International forum to get the info.

To all other forum members, please be careful about answering posts here for people needing help. If they are looking for something and you tell them where to get it you will start getting PMs.

And by the way, Bob, I am not making a penny off of Tom finally being able to get his Jakes. I just got the information for him.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:52:53 PM by Songman » Logged
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 04:45:39 AM »

anybody got a complaint with me getting the help i needed on the question i posted, feel free to PM me.  all of the information is avail on my profile.  so is my email address. 

Dale, thanks for posting the information  *** I *** requested.  Because *** I *** couldn't figure out where to get what i needed anywhere else, and *** I *** had searched prior info on the board and followed some leads on ebay and local junk yards.

i don't understand the complaints anyone would have with what was posted.  We have moderators that are USUALLY diligent and USUALLY correct, and i didn't see any edits other than what Songman did.

If you had a competing offer for the Jakes, you had ample opportunity to jump in with a PM.  Up until a week ago, even my phone was posted.

So quit complaining and Have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Grin Grin Grin

Tom

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 05:11:05 AM »

songman; that was good info you were giving about the prices on the Jake's some i read give 800 bucks for a unit and then spend another 1000 bucks for parts to make it work BTW that is a fair price and Don is not going to buy much fuel selling at that price.   have a great day and remember you cannot please everybody but you did Tom
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:35 AM »

Dale,

Whoooooo is this "wildbob24"? I have never heard of the character. http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?action=profile;u=1640;sa=showPosts I then ran a search on his profile, and that is what I came up with. As far as I know, he isn't a moderator, or anything. I think that it is a moderators job to contact you if something isn't supposed to be on the board...Not for a newbie member. Maybe he is trying to sell something, and wasn't allowed too. I don't know, I am sorry that he troubled you, Dale. Thanks for your work on the Jakes for us.

You are helping me. Thanks Dale. I, for one, appreciate the info.

I for one, wasn't complaining. Now if the one of the moderators asked you to remove the info, that is much different, and not a problem.

Happy Thanksgiving.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
luvrbus

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2008, 05:20:28 AM »

Goes back to the problem of putting a limit on the spare tire section it is wasted space on this board   
good luck
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »

I would think that the person whinning would fit quite nicely in a condo in south florida.  Surely He must be joking?  Oh well some just can not be happy unless they make others miserable!  I apologize I have had one to many cups of high test this morning. John
Dallas

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »

You didn't see me editing anything. In fact, I didn't see anything posted for sale. All I saw was a question and some answers given by another member.

In the meantime, if any member has a problem with what someone else has posted, please feel free to click on the icon in each post that states, "Report to a Moderator".

Thanks for your support!
Dallas

cody

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

Unfortunately, some people arn't happy unless they are complaining about something, the fun doesn't normally start until the complainer has a problem and posts for some help, life can be good at times lol.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

I would think that the person whinning would fit quite nicely in a condo in south florida.  John

NO. NO, NO, we got too many of those already!!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »

just an update ... talked to Don on Friday, sent him the UPS label to put on the order, and told him the check would be in the mail.  Complete set of jakes except the valve covers.
mm2s, you are correct.  i don't think don will be buying much fuel for the profit he made on me.  Thank you Don.

now all i need to do is find someone knowledgeable who wants to install a set of Jakes with me or for me.  i'm reluctant to take williams up on their $3200.  Nick, i left a message for your guy near harrisburg, PA.  hopefully, he has a warm place to work, and i can stay in the bus overnight while we work on it.

i'm heading to florida, i hope, in a few weeks.  i'd like to use those jakes on the way.  or we can install them in florida or anyplace warmer than ohio.

got any suggestions? 

Tom

wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 02:07:57 PM »

just an update ... talked to Don on Friday, sent him the UPS label to put on the order, and told him the check would be in the mail.  Complete set of jakes except the valve covers.
mm2s, you are correct.  i don't think don will be buying much fuel for the profit he made on me.  Thank you Don.

now all i need to do is find someone knowledgeable who wants to install a set of Jakes with me or for me.  i'm reluctant to take williams up on their $3200.  Nick, i left a message for your guy near harrisburg, PA.  hopefully, he has a warm place to work, and i can stay in the bus overnight while we work on it.

i'm heading to florida, i hope, in a few weeks.  i'd like to use those jakes on the way.  or we can install them in florida or anyplace warmer than ohio.

got any suggestions? 
Manasst, I ran across this guy and he is supposed to be a great guy to have do Jakes. You might want to call him and then plan to stop on your way to Florida.

Jake Brake Contact Terry Bennett at Bennet Bus Works in McMinnville, Tennesse. He installed our jake and is a great guy to work with. Number is 931-815-3080

WvaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: