Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 05:29:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from a new member....  (Read 3975 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 08:06:13 PM »

If I did purchase a bus with a DD... I would "attempt" to make it clean. Question is... Why do they leak so much? Is it just age? Are the parts not machined good enough where there are gaskets? Is it just because most have been neglected over the years?

Is it even possible to make one leak free?

They don't have to leak - I got me one that doesn't leak and runs cool.  I'm gonna wash it this weekend for the first time in 2 years.  Its dusty but really doesn't look that bad.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 09:14:01 AM »

I've parked for up to 6 months at a time (sad times they are Sad) and never seen a single drop on the ground. The engine and trans have 108000 miles on them and are still relatively clean looking. Non-leaking DD's do exist Dorothy  Grin

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »

.... My goal on the vehicles that I have built is to be able to check all the fluids in the engine compartment while wearing a suit and tie. Once I can do that... it is clean enough.

Once again thanks for all the warm welcomes...and for the compliments...

Brad

Just make sure its a black suit  Cheesy  and you dont want to have a tie around that rotating equipment Cheesy

welcome to the madness, it's a fun that can support your other fun

and yeah kid time is important, don't under estimate how much it takes.  Get a converted bus and you will still be able to fill your need to tinker.  plenty to do, and keep it usable.  My bus is not ideal or fancy, but it is usable.  If i was really ambitious i would make it so you could hose the inside down to clean it.

if you get a picture of Jerry Campbells engine It is quite clean.  and series 50 too

the other thing is that the duallys just kick up a lot of road grime, so you will have some ting to deal with.  I'm confident you will work it out judging buy your other impressive projects.  ( i wanna ride!! Cheesy)

ask alot of questions before you spend and keep us posted how it goes.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »

Brad,

Want to trade the "P" car for an MCI-9?

Just thought,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto