Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
January 17, 2018, 10:19:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI8 toilet tank size???  (Read 3958 times)
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 07:29:07 PM »

MMmmm..... beer and power tools!

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »

Anyone know how many gallons the stock tank is in the original bathroom?

Thanks

>
>

Da book says
20 gallons or 76 liters.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 07:32:50 PM »

Sweet thanks

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »

Orygun,

You are starting one of the most dreaded of tasks.  Or so I have read over the years.  The problem seems to be determining the order in which the various big chunks were installed.  Seems that that is a serious challenge, somehow.  A cutting torch doesn't work on stainless st. (SS) so that comment about the plasma cutter was serious.  Maybe you can borrow a light duty plasma cutter when you get to that part.  I read one post that talked about discovering a lonely rivet on the outside of the bus that was located "UNDER" the window gasket and that little dickens cost him a few hours and narrowly spared the bus an experience involving explosives Shocked Roll Eyes Grin   There are some sites on here that purport to cover the removal step by step and secret rivet to secret rivet.  FIND THEM!  I think Gumpy's site is one...find the others.  Wish I could be of more help.

Where in Orugun are you located?

John....of Eugene

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

Haha so as most of you know I am in a band, so when we were ripping the bus apart it was kinda a team operation.  And that involves opinions, such as....when you are ripping the bus apart and leaving to go on tour in a week, if it is a good idea to completely gut it or maybe leave some things and focus on more imporant items such as bunk beds.

well, to say the least me and one other guy were a little bit more motivated than the rest.  after having a few disagreements about whether to remove the bathroom in the rear or not, it was 2 vs 3 in favor of the bathroom staying.  so me and the other guy decided to order some pizza, brought it inside, told the 3 guys that there was pizza inside and well be in in a minute.

well....after about 30 minutes they caught on but it was already too late for them as the doors and walls were removed.  unfortunately the process was alot longer than i had expected, but i got it done pretty quick.

my tools were a drill for the rivets, hamer and a prybar.  everything is pretty straight forward with the exception of the metal floor. there is a lip that goes underneath the plywood.

my suggestion is to do what i did and thats pretend that its super frustrating and complain while someone handy is around.  they will usually  volunteer to do it as you then go inside and eat some pizza and come back to see them successful  in their quest :-)

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 04:21:13 AM »

When I ripped mine out, I opened the window, took a sawzall and cut the forward wall at the belt line.
I kept that top half of the wall with the roof curve as a template and quess what,
That curve fits all the way from front to back perfectly. Shocked

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: