Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 05:32:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top or bottom ?  (Read 4092 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 12:31:56 PM »

I have always heard that carpet on the ceiling and walls absorbed odor.  Just clean the stuff with a carpet cleaner and use their cleaning solution.  Then "rinse" with water with borax dissolved in it and odor all gone.

Shag must go!!!!

HTH,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Airbag

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »

Hi Airbag,

Very interesting job and site you have, nice looking Sunbeam, is it yours?

Just do your bus your way and you will be happy. Make a plan and get dirty. As has been said already, keep it usable while you work on making it your coach. Keep the wife happy and have fun! Grin

Keep it level,

Paul

The Sunbeam is one of three I own and is my daily driver. Believe it or not it is very reliable. I am restoring one completely and have just taken it off the rotissary and I have installed a GM Quad 4 180hp engine with a T-5 tranny. It will have more power than a stock Tiger with less weight. It will be the wifes car (all part of keeping her happy)   Smiley

Thank you to all that have inspired me here.

Yes John you are so right the shag must go.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:40:36 PM by Airbag » Logged
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

Rick,

You're right, if you start taking the bus apart you will not be able to use it for the next few (maybe more than a few) years. If you have definite ideas about what you want a bus to be then start from scratch. From what I've read on this forum that is much easier.

I hate taking things apart. I've had my TR4 apart for four years. I could have been enjoying it and that wasn't even for a restoration, it was just for a thorough paint job!!

I bought my bus already converted because I'm too old to start from scratch, I want to enjoy it while I can.

I have an Aeronca Champ that could use some airframe work; however, I see from your website that I am a bit out of your league!! I stopped there once for avgas in my Stinson 108 and brought everything to a halt while they figured out how to fuel such a small airplane.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Airbag

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »

Rick,

You're right, if you start taking the bus apart you will not be able to use it for the next few (maybe more than a few) years. If you have definite ideas about what you want a bus to be then start from scratch. From what I've read on this forum that is much easier.

I hate taking things apart. I've had my TR4 apart for four years. I could have been enjoying it and that wasn't even for a restoration, it was just for a thorough paint job!!

I bought my bus already converted because I'm too old to start from scratch, I want to enjoy it while I can.

I have an Aeronca Champ that could use some airframe work; however, I see from your website that I am a bit out of your league!! I stopped there once for avgas in my Stinson 108 and brought everything to a halt while they figured out how to fuel such a small airplane.

Hello Gus
I know what you mean about your TR-4. My Quad 4 Sunbeam is going on two years now and it all boils down to time. We are not at all out of your league with your Aeronca I have built a couple of Champs in my shop. The Starships we fell into a couple of years ago and we do many different types of aircraft. I have a Maul and a Bonanza in the shop now for annuals. I love doing fabric and my fabric work is in the Smithsonian on Patty Wagstaff's Extra 260 that I recovered. I would be honored to help you with any airframe work you may require. My contact info is on the web site.
You may have our airport confused with Pinal Air park where all the airliners are stored. We are south of there and called Marana Northwest Regional.

Rick
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 07:05:05 PM »

Rick,

You're correct, I did have the two airports confused. I remembered after I posted that there were airliners everywhere and that was the cause for all the confusion.

I thought Beech took all the Starships out of circulation except one holdout? I always thought they were great airplanes but just too radical for most buyers.

Fabric is my favorite. I was unhappy that my Stinson was metal because fabric is so much easier to work with. My Champ has the PolyFiber (Stitts) system, which is new to me, but I like it much better than dope systems.

We usually visit in AZ and CA every spring and drive right by your airport on the way from Tuscon to Phoenix or San Diego. Next year I'll come by to see that bus in person, I think it is great.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: