Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 07:29:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SouthEast Busnuts Rally, April 16-19, 2009 at Palmetto Cove Campground notice  (Read 6570 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:20 AM »

This is the SouthEast Busnuts Rally, there will be a gathering July 4th weekend & the NonRally will be in October (I think the second weekend).

This is gonna be a good-un!  With Leroy & Lila there, who could ask for more?  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 09:56:49 AM »

Karen and I plan on getting there Thursday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Tom & Karen Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 08:28:18 PM »

Major bummer here in North Carolina.   Undecided   T and I won't be at the Palmetto April Rally.    REALLY hate it.  Terri says that with my political crap my not being there may bring relief to some....?   Wink   I don't believe that.  I believe that...menopause...is....not good.   Huh  Grin
Primary cause that we won't be there....Terri will be working and cannot leave until late Friday.  That's a problem.   Last year 'work' was optional at Queens University. Looks like they are going to make some rules this year. 
Ain't gonna make the July 4th because we'll be in Morganton at the Red White and Blue Festival. 
BUT WE WILL BE AT THE OCTOBER rally... hope to see everyone then. 
We'll also be at the Wade KOA rally.   T's off during the summer months making our events easier to manage. 
If anyone's up near Mount Airy, we'll be at the June first weekend bluegrass festival (without power because of a busted inverter, in a genrator UNfriendly environment).  More bummer.
If the weather's nice T and I may drive the car over on Sat to see ya'll.  I'm all bummed that Queens University is now managing our travel plans.   Whatever....since I'm in retardment, T's gotta work. 
Hope to visit Palmetto Cove on Sat. without the bus.   See ya'll then. 
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 06:06:11 AM »

Hello Everyone,

The following information will be also posted on two other busnut bulletin boards in case everyone does not frequent them all daily.

It is just a matter of a few days and the (April 16, 17, 18 & 19, 2009) bus rally for the (Southeast Busnuts) will be held at Palmetto Cove, Cleveland, SC.  This is probably the first rally for this year on this side of the coast that I am aware of anyhow.  Those busnuts attending this rally I assure you will love the scenic view going to and at the campground. This rally will probably be the first rally some new busnuts will be attending and we welcome you all to enjoy yourself as you have imagined.  There is not a planned menu with the exception to visit with as many of new and old friends as possible and soak in all the information possible to newbies and anyone wishing more ideas for their conversions.

When you come to the rally, Leroy & Lila Ashe will be the host and I would like to take the time to express my appreciation for them to arrange this fun time meeting of people all with the same interest.  Leroy and Lila are quite nervous trying to make plans and be sure everyone will have a memorable and wonderful time.  If everyone that arrives will please offer to help out with anything possible to assist Leroy & Lila to make this stress on Leroy and Lila less taxing on them this will make it possible for them to also enjoy themselves.  This is their first rally to host and those that have hosted rallies in the past know what I am talking about. Leroy & Lila are not as young in physical body as most of us are but sure are in mind and can sure use the extra support from us all that is possible.

We plan to have music there and invite anyone to bring their instrument they have to also group up and play as well.  I look forward to playing with Glen again, we sure will miss the entertainment of JR & Terri and their band friends this year.  One of the new busnuts to just purchase a bus also plans to bring his set up for gospel music he sings the last time I talked to him.  If you have any favorite Karaoke music you enjoy singing at home please bring your Cd's to the rally as I do not have access to the Cd's I had last time.  Also, please feel at ease when singing at the rally, this is not American Idol and Simon will not be here.  We will all enjoy any level of entertainment you can provide, telling of stories, Jokes, bussing experiences etc. 

Oh yea, we want to look at all your buses also!! 

I plan to take many photos, (as usual) and make a video for you and your families to enjoy and any cooperation you can offer me will also be appreciated.  I want to get at least one great group photo but this is a hard one to do but we'll work on it to make it take less time than you think.  This video will be posted on the internet. 

We look forward to seeing Lila & Leroy, Kyle and his family & parents , Tommy and his wife, Eric and his family, Manny & Darlene who may be traveling the furthest to be with us all in that beautiful Eagle of theirs, Uncle Ned and Wilma, Steve & Debbie from Kentucky, Glen and his wife (& Guitar), & all members of the (Southeast Busnuts) possible that can attend.   

Please, before you leave do a thorough mechanical inspection of your coach or what ever vehicle of pleasure you will attend with for the rally, drive safe, leave your problems at home.  We will all look forward to seeing you there.

God's speed to you all,
Gary

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:07:27 AM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 08:16:15 AM »

Should be a great Rally.  Sure wish we could be there, but it just isn't possible this time.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »

Should be peaceful and quite

no jr ,no nc bob, no dallas and no jack.  All will be missed.

gary  guess it will be up to us to make it up.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:12 AM »

uncle ned

Ned, I have confidence that You & Gary can handle that job!  LOL  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »

Jack

now that you have your jakes installed  you can ride the mountain roads with me.  look forward to your next trip up this way.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 07:27:12 PM »

uncle ned

Don't bet on quiet!...JR may show up for a few hours on Friday...I'll stir it up and then leave!  Wink
T's working...not me.  'Retardment' is cool!   
I have fond memories of Palmetto Cove--Charles BBQ, Dave's sausages, Kyles mom's s'getti, and Jack's speedies....  As I think about it, this was sorta the same MO at Gene's and Darrells Wade gathering....FEED ME!!   Grin

See y'all, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2009, 07:36:33 PM »

I should be dropping by on Sat too.  Can't stay the whole time.  Hate it.  Looking forward to full retardment Grin instead working retardment Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Ed Brenner

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 07:58:30 PM »

Wish I could be there, going to be a great group of people !!!! Got the old eagle dash tore out right now doing it my way. Had to do some tubing work under the front also. ( I will be the first to admit they will rust.) Dad use to say beat on the side if you hear metal falling you are okay if not you got problems. Grin

Any way treat your host good could't ask for better people than Leroy and Lila

Will be there in the fall for Kyle's event and hopefully in wade for gene's

Take care and all have a great time

Ed

Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!
BusCrazyinFL

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:06 PM »

Well Gary, we are just about packed and ready to go. We are leaving tomorrow and should be in sometime Thursday. We can hardly wait! WE have not left the State of FL since June 2001. Can't wait to see all the real Busnuts!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 05:34:16 PM by BusCrazyinFL » Logged
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »

I really wish we could be there but have other obligations. As most of you know I participate in pro level bbq competitions. We have to go to on the road this weekend. Maybe I will win my way into the Jack Daniels world contest. Do not have too much fun, maybe we can make the 4th of july one.
Charles

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »

Charles,
I can't imagine bbq that is better than yours!  Grin

If there is, it would be Heaven on earth!  Cool

Good luck on your road trip!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 05:28:57 AM »

Well Gary, we are just about packed and ready to go. We are leaving tomorrow and should be in sometime Thursday. We can hardly wait! WE have not left the State of FL since June 2001. Can't wait to see all the real Busnuts!

Manny,

This is a great drive once you get past Atlanta.  We jumped off I-75 and shot up through Macon Northeast.

Hope you have a great time, but remember, at least one of you has to keep an eye on the road and not on that beautiful scenery.  Grin

Usually I am a "wee bit" jealous if a rally is going on and I can't go, but I am typing this from my lawn chair on Big Pine Key.  Tongue

Have fun and safe travels.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: