Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 17, 2017, 11:16:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Met a bus nut from Springfield, MO as at Bass Pro Shops yesterday!  (Read 982 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:44:49 AM »

Hey ya'll I wuz in Joplin, MO for the week end with a group of special Olympics contestants.
When I suddenly remembered Larry Nelson's posts about having some excess Delo (Sunday AM while loading the bus to depart), and that I was going to be going straight thru Springfield on the way back to Sikeston, MO.  Yeah I know nothing like last second planning! LOL! But anyway I shot of an email to Larry just in case I might get lucky enough to actually be able to meet up with him and get any surplus he had left!
Well I must say Larry checks his emails sooner than I do because lo and behold less than an hour after I sent it to him he was calling me!
He did in fact have some left that he was willing to get rid of, and he was willing to skip breakfast (I heard him yell downstairs to his wifey telling her "Honey don't fix me any breakfast I gotta run!"), run out to the airport to his hanger and pick up the last 6 cases he had to "spare" and meet me at the rest area just outside of Springfield on I-44 with it!  (now is that not a super nice busnut or what?)

Well as he was heading out to the airport, I wuz informed that we were going to go to the Bass Pro Shop for an hour. So I called Larry back and told him if it'd be easier for him I'd meet him there or along the way so he didn't have to rush and drive all the way out to Mt. Vernon, MO to turn around to meet me at the rest area! He said that would be great he could do his pattern flying real quick and see me at BPS @ 11:30 AM.

Well at 11:28 AM he was sitting beside my bus and we were unloading 6 cases of Delo 100 40W into my spare cargo holds.
I wish we'd had more time to where I could have atleast bought him a cup of coffee if not brunch! (since he missed it at home!)

Larry it was great to meet ya and as I said if yer ever in Union City working on that project (or just passing thru!) give us a holler! I owe coffee and breakfast! Also we are just a hop skip & jump from the airport here in UC and we can always arrange for someone to pick ya up and get ya into town or out here! And if'n yer in the bus we got room and 30 Amp service available!

So if any of are passing thru Springfield and wanna meet a great guy , give Larry a little more notice than I did and look him up!

If yer looking for his surplus Delo 100 ya might be outta luck, but he's still a nice guy!

Thanks again Larry look forward to meet'n ya again when we got more time!   Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
LarryN 4106

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »

Bryce.....I'm all embarassed......

Hope to see you again.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »

Bryce.....I'm all embarassed......

Hope to see you again.

Me too my friend! Like I said if ya make it back to UC give me a shout, and if I'm back your way I'll do the same!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: