Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:04:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the Board - Searching for 1rst Bus  (Read 8168 times)
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »

All I know is that you guys down in the states are very privileged to have so many buses to chose from for some very reasonable prices. Wish we could bring them across our border, instead of paying through the nose for everything. We end up driving across and buying what we need and haul it home for our conversion. Dam Canadian gov't, again!! Lots of opportunity down there! I would have definitly bought a completed coach if I had lived down there.

Have fun!

Have Fun!!
Grant
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »

There is a 1990 Country Coach Preovst here in Lakeland FL for sale for under $50,000.
Jack

Is this it?

http://http://www.rvee.com/viewfull.asp?ID=2621539&FromSearch=No

No that one is gone, they do have another one.

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
Songman

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »

I love my NJT AE-20!  It has a lot of the stuff that I wanted to put on the 10 before I found this one. Clifford already mentioned the Cor-Ten steel to keep it from rusting, level floors, stainless, and pantograph doors.

In addition to that, the driver area is much higher than stock which brings it closer to floor level. Lots of Eagle owners make 'high drivers' but the AE 20 is sort of a factory high driver although not totally even with the passenger floor. We get a 748 trans instead of a 740. Comes standard with a hydraulic fan setup and power steering. Some consider it a good thing and some consider it a bad thing, but the AE-20 is completely wired with white wires with black numbers on them. The good part is that the number appears every couple of feet. The bad part is that when you look at a bundle of wires, they all look the same at first glance! From what I am told, the fuel tank is 165 instead of 125 on standard Eagles.

What else? Oh yeah! All AE 20s as far as I know came with 24.5 Alcoas.

A few bad things that are easy to change or live with. The fuel filler is only on the curb side instead of on both sides like most Eagles. No tach or fuel gauge. Have to pull the huge A/C unit unless it has already been done. 3.73 rear gear could stand to be a little taller.

That's about it. Did I mention that I love my bus?

I don't know Luke at USCoach, but the best source for Eagle 20 info (especially NJTs) that I know of is Norris at Jefferson Truck Parts in OKC. He was around when they were being built and can tell you anything you want to know. 800-813-9367

Both Norris and Silver Eagle Manufacturing have manuals for these buses. http://www.silvereaglebus.com/
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »

PDX,

I am a little biased, but I love our DL3. I am posting one of my favorite pics of the bus. It was taken on the beach of Lake Erie, at sunset. It was too bad that the bus was dirty, but oh well.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Songman

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »

Beautiful!
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Beautiful!

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »

Gorgeous Picture John! What a beautiful world we live in! WOW! Wink

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 01:22:35 PM »

Beautiful picture! Bus ain't too bad neither LOL  Grin

Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 03:06:03 PM »

John316...Glorious photo! Is that at very early sunrise? About dirty coach....it shows you are traveling & enjoying the adventure. A clean coach on this once a life time sun setting are usually not common. Love your coach. It a master piece photo to hang around.

PDX -

Hard to tell from the small photo, but by the rear cap design on that NY Eagle, it looks like it might have been one that belonged to NJ Transit.  Call the owner and find out.  If so, then call Luke at US Coach in NJ and ask him about what made the NJT Eagles different than the standard bird of the same era.  I can't remember what they did differently, but I know it was significant, some of which bled over into subsequent production.  Luke's number is 1-888-262-2434, regular business hours M-F.

FWIW & HTH. . .
 Wink

I have seen one of NTJ Eagle that I made a stainless steel door that is similar as MCI-8,9s to replace the leaking/whistling double folding door. That rear top contained bus air system. Eagle manufacturer use every available space above the engine compartment and need ladder or better yet an scaffold to service it. A large air tank just for the air starter in the rear bay to take up the space.
Never forget for each time driver hit the starter button.....SSS...bam...RRRRRRrrrruning. Even with my hear aid off in bed room...I know he hit the starter button...LOL

And like what Songman already said about white wires and the rest.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
luvrbus

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »

The NJ model 20 was the only model 20 with white wires , the AC mounted in the rear and air starters Eagle loved all the changes NJ made to the 20 I was told years ago they had 20+ change orders for that bus for big bucks each. FWIW the Air Force is starting to sell their model 20's with only about 250,000 miles                   Good Luck
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:45:23 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »

Someone...somewhere ? ? mention about when the Eagle change rear end with and without drop box.
Here the link about Eagle's history in a nut shell

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

BTW...thanks to others input to help the future coach buyers and others inquirewanttolearnmore bus nuts.

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Songman

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 06:23:42 AM »

I have seen one of NTJ Eagle that I made a stainless steel door that is similar as MCI-8,9s to replace the leaking/whistling double folding door.

Gerald, you got my attention with this line. I am trying to find matching stainless to make my one piece door and having no luck. I'd be interested to hear more about the door you made and if you can help me find matching stainless.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: