Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 09:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Truck Conversion  (Read 2019 times)
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »

We have had our truck conversion now for 7-1/2 years and 101,000 miles.

This was the route we went after we had converted our 1960 GMC 4104 and drove her over 150,000 miles in 16+ years.  http://usbusin.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in looking at a conservative truck conversion here is the blog:http://www.ustruckin.blogspot.com/

Attention Board Moderators: If you feel this is inappropriate you may delete this post.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »

Super Job !!!!

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
Songman

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:57:40 AM »

Both very nice rigs! Give me a yell sometime when you are coming through Bakersfield. I would love to see what you have done. Do ya'll ever go to the bluegrass festival at Parkfield?  A buddy of mine who is involved in setting it up has been trying to get me to come over for a couple of years. It sounds like a really good time.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »

Both very nice rigs! Give me a yell sometime when you are coming through Bakersfield. I would love to see what you have done. Do ya'll ever go to the bluegrass festival at Parkfield?  A buddy of mine who is involved in setting it up has been trying to get me to come over for a couple of years. It sounds like a really good time.

Songman,
   We have never been to a Bluegrass Festival that was not a great time!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
kd5kfl

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »

( deleted - posted in the wrong thread )
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:56:48 AM by kd5kfl » Logged
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »

Songman,

Yes, we have been to the Parkfield Festival several times in the past.  We haven't been for several years.  It is a nice small festival in a nice setting and being right on the San Andreas Fault, you'll be "right there when it happens"!!  At least that is the motto of Parkfield. (Be there when it happens)

We'll be heading through Bakersfield this coming January on our way to the desert.   If you'll PM me with an address we'll stop by for a chat.  Would love to see your Eagle and what you are doing. 

Jack,

You are correct.  Every bluegrass festival we've been to, you can't help but have a great time!

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
Songman

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »

Gary, I will send you an address and phone number. We're going over to Quartzsite as well. The Eagles, GMs, and Flexs are parking together this year so we'd probably have met you anyway. We'll probably just go Wednesday or Thursday thru Sunday.
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »

Songman,

Have fun in Quartzsite at the Eagle rally, Jan 15-17, 2009.  Sorry, but we can't get there for the gathering of all those Eagles, GMCs and Flexs.  We're not leaving until January 26th, so we'll plan on seeing you at Don's shop on the 26th.  Look forward to seeing your Eagle; maybe you'll have some skin on it by then!

Gary D

JimG

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »

Gary.
You are still a Busnut and we are glad to have you check in with us. You have more bus-miles than many of us here. CherryHolmes had your 4104, but where is it now.
God Bless, Jim G. - Plain City, Ohio 1979 RTS-II

Jim & Linda Gochnauer Plain City, Ohio
1979 RTS-II 40'X96"
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 07:33:06 AM »

Gary- when you pass through to go to Quartzite, maybe you could stop at L.A. Freightliner in Whittier, Ca. to say hello-maybe let me buy you lunch.  The new M2's are really nice too!  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 09:10:39 AM »

Hello Jim G,

Good to see you posting here.  Yes, we sold our 4104 to the Cherryholmes http://cherryholmes.musiccitynetworks.com/ and they toured the bluegrass circuit for a couple of years in her.  When they made "IBMA Entertainer of the Year " in 2005 they went "big time" and now have a beautiful 45' Prevost entertainer's coach.  They are a family of six, and how they did it in a 35' 4104 with all their instruments, etc. I don't know! 

I talked to Jere Cherryholmes this past August and he said he sold the '04 to Dwight Dillman the owner of Bill Monroe Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival http://www.beanblossom.com/in Indiana.  Jere said the bus is in good hands!  He said that Dwight is a perfectionist and has replaced any skin that had the slightest scratch!  Even had the original GM front nameplate re-made like new. Dwight was a former Bill Monroe banjo player.  So, she is proudly traveling the bluegrass circuit.

Hello TomC,

Yes, we would like to meet you and maybe we can stop at L.A. Freightliner on our way back from the desert.  We are still firming-up our schedule and it looks like we will be playing in Anaheim and Claremont April 1 & 2.  So, when we get closer to that time I'll send you a PM.  Don't know if we are ready for a new Freightliner yet, this one is just getting broken-in,  only 101,000 miles and going strong!

Gary D

Songman

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »

I love Cherryholmes! I was just talking about them to someone the other day but couldn't remember the name of the band. Seems like I read somewhere that none of them played music but they had a death in the family and this was something they decided to do to heal and bring the family together. They are phenomenal players in just a short number of years.
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

Hi there Songman,

Yes, a phenomenal family to say the least.  We have know the Cherryholmes since June 1999.  We were at the Huck Finn Father's Day bluegrass/country festival in Hesperia, CA in our 4104 bus and the Cherryholmes were camped next to us in a tent.  The children had been playing for 3 months with the instruments their parents had assigned them.  BJ and Mollie were sawing away on fiddles (Mollie left handed), Skip on mandolin, Cia on guitar, dad, Jere on bass and mom, Sandy on banjo.  They had a larger crowd there than on the main stage.  Yes, they got involved in bluegrass shortly after their oldest daughter passed away.  A sad, but lovely story.

It has been absolutely wonderful watching this family go from there (just starting) to Entertainer of the Year in such a short time.  They are on the top now and, the wonderful thing is; it has not gone to their head.  They are a wonderful, Christian, home schooled family.  We were on the "Bluegrass Cruise" to Alaska with them and Doyle Lawson & Quicksliver (another one of our favorites) this past August.

If anyone on the board has not heard the Cherryholmes, check out their schedule, they may just be coming to a place near you!  You won't be sorry!  http://cherryholmes.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?id=15708  I don't have any financial interest in the Cherryholmes other than selling my bus to them.  If you like bluegrass you'll love them!  Okay, is that enough plug for them?  Sorry, we love them!

Gary D

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: