Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:05:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!! No Kidding!  (Read 4857 times)
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »

Here's what you do:

First, put on a cheap lock, wired to the alarm system -- or maybe to SHORE POWER!  Tampering with it completes the circuit and sets off the alarm.  To really do this right, put a couple of computer cameras to cover the door and front of the coach, recording the faces of anyone who gets too close.

Second, put in a keyless lock system, with a manual actuator hidden in the wheel well.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »

I LIKE the shore power idea! Unfortunately, they will put you in jail in Maryland for doing that.

Modifying the existing air locking mechanism seems to be the easiest remedy so far. If I remove that system from the air system completely, I can make it very tight so that the air compressor would only have to run once in a while to keep the air up. I already have a manual air switch right by the drivers right knee. An electric solenoid, with a key operated switch outside should complete the system.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:11 AM »

I have a german shepard / lab that loves the bus as much as I do, I can't open the door without him running up the stairs and then stands on the floor peaking his head around the corner wondering what the hell I'm waiting for. Lets go for a ride!

Have Fun!!
Grant
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2008, 05:27:09 PM »

I have installed a keyed deadbolt lock for now. I put a 3/16th aluminum plate over the outside to cover what was damaged and installed the deadbolt in it. It's not what I want but it will do for now until I get some of the other projects done.

Thanks for all the ideas!!

TOM

Delaware

Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2008, 11:04:37 PM »

I have installed a keyed deadbolt lock for now. I put a 3/16th aluminum plate over the outside to cover what was damaged and installed the deadbolt in it. It's not what I want but it will do for now until I get some of the other projects done.

Thanks for all the ideas!!

TOM

FWIW...you already done this.
About mounting aluminum plate over skin...whatever fasteners you use...try to use smooth head or non grip type so that it cannot be removed from the outside.

About any electric or air type actuator system for locking is one more thing to go wrong. I suggest to stay with bolt and add a loud electric horn & flashing head light alarm system whenever it being tampered.

ENFORCER 2000A (left click) Call them for your bus application for the best version.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 03:38:00 AM »

Gerald.

Thanks for the site.

I used 3/8 carriage bolts to attach the plate.... with nuts on the inside! Grin

TOM

Delaware

circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 04:31:24 AM »

thank god it was just money,goes 2 show you petty theft never changes and all is well in this world. If things have changed so much the bus would be gone. don't believe the media hype  Cool however boobytraps are not a concern of homeland security but of local police as it is not targeting any one but thieves who deserve it anyhow.  Roll Eyes
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »

Sign in the door window:

Beware!
Pet Snakes
On Board

Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2008, 09:04:31 AM »

Sign in the door window:

Beware!
Pet Snakes
On Board

LOL...very good one...I think the intruder will likely pass this up to invade...so they move on they see pet "Pet Tiger on Board" with GGGrrrrrrr (sound). LOL

Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »

Gerald.

Thanks for the site.

I used 3/8 carriage bolts to attach the plate.... with nuts on the inside! Grin

TOM

Your welcome!

About smooth head bolt....yes carriage bolt is what I had in mind if you don't mine the cadmium plated. However, if you want SS carriage bolt (later) if you wants....marine supply store usually have them such as West Marine (left click)

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »

I like the snakes sign.

I actually considered making a sign that said:

NOTICE - SHOW SNAKES ON BOARD.
VERY TEMPERAMENTAL!!
CHECK WITH OWNER BEFORE ENTERING.
SEVERE INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT!   

TOM

Delaware

circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »

sign on door "never mind  the snakes beware of owner" "tresspassers will be shot, survivors will be prosecuted"
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »

OHhhh....I forgot something...What if the intruder can't read English. Yikes..ya...yikes!

How about having it in many languages. And it will take up to much space to cover all versions, however, it can be in fine print and have a provided magnifying glass outside on chain that is attach to the bus.

Or how about a snake language class. There should be no problem in finding a teacher with forked tongue.

circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »

how about acsymbol for gun ,an alarm bell, skull , snake, dog, or badges?mor combination of thereof . tresspasserscwill be shot ,survivors will be shot again ;-)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 09:54:08 AM »

Tom,  I like your sign better.  A more courageous thief might decide a pet snake might be more passive towards people.  Your sign removes any room for that assumption.

Maybe the language problem could be overcome by an image of a cobra.

CB, how about trespassers will be mauled by the dog.  Survivors will be shot and fed to the snake.  Kind of coves it all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: