Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 09:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Brake Info for 05 Eagle  (Read 2497 times)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

The most feared words of bus conversion (while were at it) have created a dilemma for me. I cut the front of my 05 off  to stretch it forward and raise the drivers area. I also changed to a model 15 front (while i was at it). I removed the air lines at the front bulkhead where they had connectors. I also put in a new brake pedal. Here is the dilemma. I have everything working, depress brake pull out park engages. Press brake, push park in and you are ready to go. Problem is that I have one extra line at the bulkhead. It goes back to the inversion valve on the rear end, then to the emergency port on the chambers. I have a manual but it doesent seem to be plumbed like the dwg. The emergency port should engage when air falls below 45 psi. Were to hook line?
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:00:08 PM »

Eric, do you have the DD-3 brakes or spring brakes on your model 05 let us know I will check on a drawing for you, there is a emergency release valve in the lower passenger side corner behind the bumper and some are mounted between the frame past the wheel well on the passengers side.Paul has a diragram for the dd-3 brakes in the tech part on the Eagles web if that will help

good luck
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 07:20:10 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »

Yes I do have DD-3's. I do not have a valve anywhere near the bumpers or wheel wel
luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

Eric you won't have one with DD-3 but I will check the diagrams for you Tue what model of treadle valve did you use when changing it out   
good luck
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:43:42 AM »

Eric, Is your air pressure gauge mechanical or electric? Single or dual needle guage?

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 04:38:40 AM »

It would be a big help to you guys if he told what size line he is looking to connect  a 1/4 for gauges or the 1/2 or 3/8 in for a relay valve of some type more than likey he changed from a E 3 to a E 6 foot valve and missed a supply port              have a great day
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:59:23 AM by makemineatwostroke » Logged
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 05:22:48 AM »

Ok. Here is what I have. Threadle has three 3/8 ports and one 1/4 port around sides. Port on bottom is hooked to the 1/2 line from the back of the bus. seems to be the main air supply. The line that is open is a 3/8 line from the t-9 inversion valve( I think that is what it is called) which is mounded on a bracket on the rear end. It goes from there to the emergency port on the chambers. There is also a line into the same valve which goes to the service ports. When I take this one loose and press the pedal, I get air out of it. Therefore it is the air for the reg. brakes. The two do not seem to be connected in the valve, because as I said the other one is not connected to anything up front, and does not blow out and air when I hid the brake. The open line does however have a regulator on it under the front step. This regulator has a wire and seal on it. Hope this helps. I know it was hooked to something before. Also when I went to look at the threadle valve I remembered it was the air throttle I replaced not the brake. This means there was some kind of tee or three way this line was hooked into.
luvrbus

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 05:36:31 AM »

Eric,I believe that line is for the old bi fold doors some of the Trailways Eagles had the door plumbed into the parking valve with a air lock also.Did you widened you 05 to a 102   good luck
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:51:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 08:26:55 AM »

I didn't widen it. I probably should have thinking back. That was the one (while were at it) I didn't do. I did raise the front and move it forward, new polished lower siding, new upper siding( which the foam guys screwed up) I am replacing that with t6062.Dual pane windows, new wheels & kuhmo tires, new lights, new bumpers, 3 carrier low pro roof units, I don't even remember the rest. I stripped it to the bare frame. A good learning experiance for the strong back and weak mind!!    I have pic's posted webshots.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/114111372sZFqzI?vhost=home-and-garden

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 08:32:58 AM »

This one is not for the doors. That line came from the front tank. This line runs to the emergency port on the brake chambers on the drive axle.
luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »

Eric, I have virgin model 05 here at the house and looking at it the valve is tied into the tank and routed back to the towing air supply but I will remove the bumper today and follow it out for you and I will check with the guys on the Eagle web that have theirs with no siding and down to frame. good luck
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:16:24 AM by luvrbus » Logged
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »

Eric, Nice work.  You are going to have a first class Eagle when done

Wayne
blue_goose

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

I think the line that you are talking about is the line that a towtruck would hook up to for your brakes to stay off.  Should go with your tow hook behind the bumper.
Jack

Data used in this document is made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles. No electrons were harmed in the creation of this document.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

Nope. Not there either. On the stock 05 eagle there is one small last step to go up before you are on the passenger floor. Right under that step all of the air lines go back. It is under there.
luvrbus

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:05 PM »

Ok Eric, can you see the line and the valve from the first access cover on the deck I don't want to rip my step out if anyway possible to keep from doing that.    good luck
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:20:08 PM by luvrbus » Logged
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 04:08:10 PM »

Eric, Let me know if this helps, our 01 might be close enough to figure it out.

Paul

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

More

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 04:10:49 PM »

Another one

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 04:11:20 PM »

Last one. First floor access door/hatch removed. You can see the clutch air assist cylinder. There are three small air lines on the right.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:51:53 PM by Dreamscape » Logged

Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:01 PM »

Eric, that thing is coming along nicely, I thought you said you had not had a chance to work on it much. Sorry I cannot help you any on Eagle brakes.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »

I think there is an access cover at the front of the passenger level in front. If you are facing the rear of the coach and pull that cover up, the line in question is on the left. It has a regulator attached to it.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »

The front air line 002 jpeg is what it would look like from under the front looking back. After the lines go thru that bulkhead they bend left into the corner. That is where the regulator is located.
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 06:45:53 PM »

Thanks Charles. I have a love hate relationship with this thing. At times I get to looking at  new conversion mag and go at it until I get frustrated, confused, or just sick of it, then walk away for a while. The way the economy looks right now I better at least get it done enough to live in anayway!!!
luvrbus

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 07:00:18 PM »

Eric, I will check am Wed but yours being a Belgium built and mine a Brownsville Eagle they may be different   

good luck
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

I have more info on the mystry air line. It is starting to make sense. It comes from the top of the t9 inversion valve mounted on the rear end. The lines out run to the emergency ports on the dd-3 chambers. At the other end at the front bulkhead which the front suspension is carried by, it has a pr-2 valve and a check valve. That is where it is unhooked. Best I can tell be the schematic it goes from there to the front brake r-8 relay mounted between the front wheels. That way if you loose the service port on the back the inversion valve would switch positions at app. 40 lbs. This would allow the emergency ports to pull air from the front tank when the brake is pressed. This all makes sense to me. Any other ideas please chip in!! I have thought and looked at small scribble on the schematic for a lifetime!!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: