Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:43:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is in The Northwest?  (Read 4058 times)
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »

I,m in Kent.

We are going over the mountain to Sunnyside for the holiday tomorrow. Looks like I will need the gen set to run the furnace over there for the water bay because its 20 degrees at nite. Plan on driving to Pasco Saturday and comming up the Columbia, (one of our prettiest drives this time of year), to Portland for Saturday nite and back up I5 Sunday.

I would like to have an informal get togather at the Elma Fairgrounds sometime in August for anyone who wanted to come. Its free except World of Outlaws weekend. They said we are always welcome. Its a nice facility and they would love to host a bus event even informal (free). They also run a local dirt, sprint/modified show on Saturday nites.

The fairgrounds is also only about 30 min to the beach (Ocean Shores). Ocean Shores is not like Florida Beaches because you really can drive on the beach without worry of getting stuck with your bus. Fun for the kids, horses, 4 wheelers for rent etc. It is also cooler (temperature) than Rickreal in the summer because of the closeness to the beach. So anyone FMCA or not that would like to hang out, let me know.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
jdr

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »

I am, I think. Working on one contemporary and unconventional MCI9 30 miles west of Boise Id which is about 70% done with 70% left to go. Jim
BUR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

I'm in Kelso just north of you. I have a 1980 Prevost that's almost completed. Will be heading down the Oregon coast this weekend, don't have the wabasto installed yet, will be using space heaters. (burrrrrr)
You are welcome to come up and see it anytime. The problem is getting us busnuts to shut up about there projects. lol    BUR

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 12:29:38 AM »

I am downtown Vancouver WA although I concider myself from Portland. I just bought a MC-8 to convert. Have not even got the seats out yet  Grin

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
BC Bus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 07:02:57 AM »

Gresham Or.  Been a Busnut for many, many years.  I am finishing a 4108 and starting an MC 8.  Why, why, start over?  Cause there's abus in my yard with no seats.

Let's have a Portland gathering at a good coffee breakfast stop some day.  How about Jubitz on a Saturday morning, Drive your bus or Four Wheeler, we could get a private room and tell lies about the great miileage we get with a 650hp supercharged, blown, 8 71 with chrome sparkplugs and Mallory distributor. Bring pictures, parts, or your girlfreind.

I will put it together for a Saturday after Christmas if 2 of you promise to show up.

GMC Buffalo  &  MC9

Always willing to help a Busnut !
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:11 PM »

HB,

There is a 40 foot Crown for sale in Eugene.  It is located at the corner of Bertleson and W11Th.  It is a primer gray color and is unique.  The roof has been raised a foot at least in the center section only.  The front and rear caps are stock.  It looks seriously pregnant and has three windows in the front slope.  Has those double duals in the rear.

I will stop and get details for you if you wish.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

Located in the small town of Duvall, east of Redmond.   I have 2 buses (bitter sweet)

I have the 10 year project >my old shoe a 1990 MCI  102C3

In my weakness I couldn't hold out any longer and bought a 2003 Prevost H345 (what a dream to drive)..
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

HB,

I stopped and looked at that Crown.  Very interesting!  He has a data sheet in the window that is in tiny type and it fills the page.  Not listed are the 10 polished 24.5 Alcoa rims, the 200 pound stainless custom front bumper, the 128 to 24 inch roof raise or the three doors...front, back and side, and the Cummins engine amidships.  What I thought was primer when I first drove past is a quality Gun Metal Gray fresh paint job.  Six skylight like ceiling windows in the front and back.  Metal work looks pro.  Calif tags.

ericpoppke@gmail.com     541 556 3009 (C)   541 844 1616

Good luck and I hope there aren't any broken rules,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Jerry W Campbell

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »

We're in the coast range between Corvallis and Newport. '75 Crown Supercoach. Been working on her for 5 years. Only a couple of more to go. Leaving in a couple of days for a 6000 mile trip south.
   Sorry to hear about your Crown Henry, Good luck on finding another.
 Jerry
http://www.crowncoach.bravehost.com

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »

Hey Zeroclearance    I spent the first 18 years of my life in Duvall, 3-4 in Carnation and 10 in Fall City.   Do you see a pattern?  I was slowly moving south to a warmer climate! Smiley  Left in 88 and made the big move to Maui for 11 years and then back to Duvall and Startup for 2 & 1/2 years then south again to Az. in 01. Bought our 5A and started fulltiming in 04 and for the last 4 summers have been at Tall Chief rv resort while I  work. Angry  Hopefully in another 4-5 years i can fully retire. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 11:41:47 PM »

Ed, sounds like your are up and down the 203..   I seen a fair share of bus conversions running from 90 to hwy 2.

Keep in touch.
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 09:18:49 AM »

I'm up in Vernon British Columbia, heading to Arizona in January. Met lots of great folks at Bus'n USA over the last 3 years.
Hi Ed H

We also co hosted the BC Busnuts Rally in Spokane Wa in September. Here is a picture.

Gary
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »

Hey Gary, are you and Gail gonna make it as far down as Yuma?  If so we may have a space that you can drop anchor on for a while if you want. Smiley  We have a couple of other people that may be coming thru at different times but if nobody else is here at the time we would be glad to have you.    Ed

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »

Thanks everyone about the Crown for sale in Eugene.  After having driven them for years and having owned one, I think my next one will be a 1980's 35 footer 2 axle with a Detroit and Alision.  Ten speed Roadrangers are fun, but my knees are going.  HB of CJ Smiley Smiley Smiley
vjcrane

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:33 PM »

VC 3406
Live in Longview  05 Eagle using it but still working on the inside.
Sounds like NJT has a good idea for a gathering at Elma very nice
location plenty of room.Sprints put on a good show Outlaw or not.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: