Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical File On Tips  (Read 25356 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2006, 05:03:23 AM »

Steve, Thanks. Will have to wait till tonight to check and answer.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
El-Sonador

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2006, 05:14:39 AM »

Steve, Thanks. Will have to wait till tonight to check and answer.
Richard

OK...

It sounds that you may have something running in the background, but it is hard for us to tell from here.

Will do our best to get you running properly... I hope ;-)

Steve
El-Sonador

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2006, 05:59:39 AM »

It is nice to see that BOARD HELP was created to relive the clutter on the ALL TOPICS forum.

The following is offered as a rough draft for discussion as my previous post regarding this has been lost...

Other Catagories/Forums you may wish to consider might be...

WELCOME MESSAGE
- with a sub-forum called ABOUT THIS BOARD
- with a sub-forum called RULES & GUIDLINES
- with a sub-forum called REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- with a sub-forum called CONTACT INFO [Admins & Mods]

BOARD HELP

PHOTO GALLERY
- with a sub-forum called RULES/GUIDLINES/HELP [read me first]
- with a sub-forum called BUS PHOTOS
- with a sub-forum called TRIP PHOTOS
- with a sub-forum called PHOTO CONTEST
- with a sub-forum called ETC

BUS DISCUSSION
- with a sub-forum called GENERAL DISCUSSION
- with a sub-forum called BUS SYSTEMS
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called ENGINE
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called FRAME & BODY
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called HEATING & COOLING
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called ELECTRICAL
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called TIRES
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called FUEL/OIL/LUB
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called ALTERNATE ENERGY SYSTEMS
--- --- --- with "sticky post" called ETC

TRIP LOG
- with a sub-forum called POST YOUR TRIP ITINERARY
- with a sub-forum called DESTINATIONS

CURRENT EVENTS/WHAT'S HAPPENING
- with a sub-forum called TRADE SHOWS
- with a sub-forum called BUS RALLIES

AT THE BUS STOP
This could be a place for members to let off steam and post non-bus related discussions,
This will help keep the main boards clean while having some fun also.

This new main page, which is now called BUS DISCUSSION would have everything at the members finger tips on one page...

WELCOME MESSAGE
BOARD HELP
PHOTO GALLERY
BUS DISCISSION
CURRENT EVENTS
AT THE BUS STOP
OTHER FUTURE FORUMS

Plus all the features like, BOARD STATS, WHOS ON-LINE and MEMBERS LIST that are currently listed there, that are not available on pages further into the board.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions

Steve

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:54 AM »

Thanks Steve. The first thing I did was print this out, then I copied it and pasted it to a word document and then saved it in Bus Information in My Documents. I assure you it will not be lost. Now I will go back and read it. LOL
Richard

BTW, any changes to the board format must be approved by MAK first then Phil will initiate any changes approved. This is WAY out of my bailiwick of responsibility.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:04:42 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
El-Sonador

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2006, 07:54:31 AM »

Thanks Steve. The first thing I did was print this out, then I copied it and pasted it to a word document and then saved it in Bus Information in My Documents. I assure you it will not be lost. Now I will go back and read it. LOL
Richard

Very funny....

...but I guess I deserve that... lol

;-)

Steve
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2006, 10:44:03 AM »

Steve, I do not know whether you can see it or not on your screen but some of the personal information below your name needs to be broken up so that it does not extend so far into the message area.
Please disregard this message if you already know it or can see it.
Richard

I just went in and broke my name up to fit on two lines since it also extended out into the message area quite a bit.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 10:50:54 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

El-Sonador

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »

Steve, I do not know whether you can see it or not on your screen but some of the personal information below your name needs to be broken up so that it does not extend so far into the message area.
Please disregard this message if you already know it or can see it.
Richard

I see what you are talking about... I use a very high resolution 1280x1084 when viewing websites and that address is totally visible for me. However when reducing the resolution to 800x600 or reducing the window size, the tail end is disrupted. Most likely due to NO WORD WRAP on that line of text.

Having that info there is not that important for me, I'll just remove it. but at least if that issue comes up for others, then at least we now know why... It has to do with the resolution and/or window size settings of the viewing members' browser, not a fault with the board programming.

To adjust resolution on a computer, goto a clear area of your desktop screen then RIGHT CLICK, then choose PROPERTIES, then choose the SETTINGS TAB. Here one can adjust the resolution by sliding the slide bar from left to right or right to left. RIGHT gives you a higher resolution [larger viewing area when visiting websites, but smaller fonts]. LEFT reduces the resolution, but larger fonts. - It's a trade off and has to do with personal preferences

Steve
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:25:13 AM by El-Sonador » Logged
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »

Steve, I cut down DrivingMissLazy to Driving MissLazy by just hitting enter at the dividing point. I was of course in modify profile at the time. The name is now occupying two lines.

I really think you could do the same and the information would then be on two lines and not extend over into the text message area.

If we keep at it we will learn all the little secrets of this board.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:37:47 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

El-Sonador

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

Steve, I cut down DrivingMissLazy to Driving MissLazy by just hitting enter at the dividing point. I was of course in modify profile at the time. The name is now occupying two lines.
I really think you could do the same and the information would then be on two lines and not extend over into the text message area. If we keep at it we will learn all the little secrets of this board.

Yes... That method will invoke WORD WRAP allowing text to go to the next line and is acceptable for straight text, But the line of text I had there was a website address in one continuous string of text, breaking that up may cause confusion for the reader or prohibit successful cut/copy/paste of the url as it would then have an additional space or cr in the address line, causing problems when looking up that website.

Adjusting the viewers resolution/window size or avoid using long strings of uninterrupted text in that area is the only thing we can do there.

Steve

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 12:34:20 PM »

Maybe then put it down in the signature block?
Like I have Spencer, WV Home of the Black Walnut Festival all on one line? That would preserve your URL.
Richard

El-Sonador

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »

Maybe then put it down in the signature block?
Like I have Spencer, WV Home of the Black Walnut Festival all on one line? That would preserve your URL.
Richard

Sounds good - will do!
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 02:16:10 PM »

I just experienced the "cookie problem" while trying to log on to the board.  This seems to be only experienced by folks using Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Here is how I worked around it using IE 6.0.2900:

Select the following
- Tools
- Internet Options ...
- General (tab)
- Delete Cookies (button)
- Delete Files (Button)
- - Also Delete all offline content (checkbox)
- OK

That did it for me. 

Hope this helps,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
El-Sonador

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 02:37:03 PM »

Just a clarification about deleting FILES...

Some of these files are used as a CACHE for browsers like IE to access first instead of downloading duplicate files when viewing websites. If you are on Broadband [high speed] then this is not toooo much of a concern, but dial-up users rely on these cached temporary internet files to speed up the viewing process by accessing these files already stored on your computer [much faster] than trying to download from the website you are trying to view. IE searches these files first to be displayed, if a copy does not reside there [due to deletion or new or not previously viewed files], then IE will begin the slow process of downloading everything directly from the website - very slow process for dial-up users.

These cached temporary internet files usually has no bearing on cookie handling or problems with websites reading or handling cookies to gain access to a site.

Dial-up users beware...

Steve
El-Sonador

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 02:48:25 PM »

MORE ON THIS COOKIE PROBLEM

I have not paid too much attention to this cookie handling issue that some are experiencing, but cookies have a life time... some are good for only one visit to a site, some are good for one hour or even one year before they expire. I noticed when logging-in here one time, that there was a check box option where the board will recognize you for 60 minutes or always stay logged-in. This is the life time of the cookie the board will give you, depending on which option you chose there.

I'm not saying this IS the problem, but it may be due to expired cookies.

Just a thought

Steve
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:55 PM »

Problem didn't go away until I chose to "delete files" and check the "delete all offline content".

Just deleting cookies didn't fix.

Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: