Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 06:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical File On Tips  (Read 24864 times)
El-Sonador

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »

Problem didn't go away until I chose to "delete files" and check the "delete all offline content".

Just deleting cookies didn't fix.

Regards, Phil

I wouldn't bank on that being the "fix" Phil although it would be good if it were.

Microsoft does not need its users to continually go into their internal workings of its program to have its product perform properly. It may have just been a coincidence. There are many users that never go in there to delete anything, some don't even know that option is there and never have problems.

I believe the problem to be something else, but this is from a guy that can't even change the belts of his own bus on the side of the road... lol

;-)

Steve

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »

ya Steve but those homemade peanut butter cookies I was eating while helping you along with yer belt problem were awsome! LOL
Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool KNUCKLE Cool Grin Cheesy Smiley

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
El-Sonador

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 08:06:06 PM »

ya Steve but those homemade peanut butter cookies I was eating while helping you along with yer belt problem were awsome! LOL
Smiley Cheesy Grin Cool KNUCKLE Cool Grin Cheesy Smiley

Have you been into that bottle of degreaser again Knuckle...?
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:10 PM »

I tell yas I just ain't figured out why I get all dizzy and light headed when I use a couple of cans of parts cleaner to clean something while I'm n the pit under a bus! whooo wow last time I fell off the steps and they were at the other end of the pit! LOL! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 08:29:30 PM »

Richard I help ya but I was looking to you for help! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley

www.kylakesidetravel.net

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 05:46:33 AM »

Richard I help ya but I was looking to you for help! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Knuckle Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
I think you were just trying to get to full member! LOL
Richard

hmmmmmm. Maybe you are stuck on 100! Posts at 23:29 and 23:51 both indicate 100!
Richard
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 06:03:42 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »

Problem didn't go away until I chose to "delete files" and check the "delete all offline content".

Just deleting cookies didn't fix.

Regards, Phil

I wouldn't bank on that being the "fix" Phil although it would be good if it were.

Microsoft does not need its users to continually go into their internal workings of its program to have its product perform properly. It may have just been a coincidence. There are many users that never go in there to delete anything, some don't even know that option is there and never have problems.

I believe the problem to be something else, but this is from a guy that can't even change the belts of his own bus on the side of the road... lol

;-)

Steve

I had to do that at home also Phil to finally get back on line with the main board.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
El-Sonador

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2006, 02:33:16 PM »

DrivingMissLazy writes "...I had to do that at home also Phil to finally get back on line with the main board.
Richard..."

What do you mean by the MAIN BOARD...?

Does this only happen to you guys when you are switching from one board to another...?
Is it the same board but different areas or two completely different boards....

Steve
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2006, 07:31:45 PM »

DrivingMissLazy writes "...I had to do that at home also Phil to finally get back on line with the main board.
Richard..."

What do you mean by the MAIN BOARD...?

Does this only happen to you guys when you are switching from one board to another...?
Is it the same board but different areas or two completely different boards....

Steve

One practice board that I used to initially set up the
tips area.
Richard

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2006, 10:09:59 PM »

Richard I maybe a "Full Member" according to the label from this board but in reallity, I've always been a Jr. and always proudly ill be! Bryce E. Gaston Jr. aka Knuckle!
It was my granddad's name (except he hd a different middle name!) and my daddy's nd I'm proud of it even though, like I told a police officer in my younger wilder days when asked if I was making the name up because I didn't have any ID on me! "That's my name sir! And as you can see it's the same as the man who named me, and if I was gonna make one up it sure as hell wouldn't be that 1! An when you call it in you'll understand!" When he came back to where he hd me standing he was laughing his butt off and told me the only reason I wasn't going to jail was I'd been honest and the way I'd told him I wasn't lying about who I was! Over the next few yrs we became pretty good friends! And he had to call another officer to take me n once becuse he couldn't do it! Now ain't that a friend? LOL it wasn't his fault I had a habit of walking so close to the edge of the law and usually at that time on the wrong side of it!

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool  Knuckle  Cool Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
I think you were just trying to get to full member! LOL
Richard

hmmmmmm. Maybe you are stuck on 100! Posts at 23:29 and 23:51 both indicate 100!
Richard

www.kylakesidetravel.net

mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2006, 05:41:50 AM »

I was just checking my email and have a notice from paypal sayiny someone in Ca has ordered something from sony for $390 and say if I want to dispute it it sends me to the next page which requests all of my info and recomend I use my bank debit card so they want all of the info on that plus my atm pin # then asks for the last 6 numbers of my ss # which if they know where you are from it is not hard to figure out the first 3 numbers this whole thing sounds fishy to me and I figure that there are people a lot smarter about this stuff on here than me,I have had my paypal account for a few years but yesterday was the first time I used it to buy 2 fantastic vents from the guy who lists lots of fans on ebay our transaction was done over the phone,I checked my bank account the money for the fans was on there but not the 390,is this some type of scam?what do I do about this or who do I contact,I am sure that some of you guys know how this stuff works where I am lost about this stuff please any help thanks Mike
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2006, 05:53:38 AM »

Hi Mike,

And welcome to the board.

In answer to your question - do not forward anything to this phisher. 

instead - to quote paypal directly:

Protect yourself from fraudulent emails Emails that seem to be from a well-known company can put you at risk. Forward suspicious emails to: spoof@paypal.com

----
This thread will most likely be moved to the  busconversions "Help Board".

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 06:01:35 AM »

Right next to the "home" button is the"help" button.  Lots of good general usage information - basically a how to get started, etc.

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2006, 06:13:09 AM »

Mike, I got one like that before.  I went to my Paypal to make sure it was safe and left it at that. Ebay wants spoof sent to them but I think they don't do much. The Paypal emails that are good usually have your name on them. I never confirm anything from emails and I still have my acccount.  Goodluck Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:31 AM »

Phil,thank you for the info I did as you said and had a reply in 5 minutes confirming that this is a scam,again thanks Mike
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: