Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 12:51:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: where to look for buss for sale  (Read 1803 times)
crown

Ignore
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »

where are good places to find buss for sale besides e bay and bcm

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
luvrbus

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:43:58 AM »

The BNO has a buses for sale section so does Coach Conversions Central along with different Yahoo groups   
good luck
Songman

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »

We have Eagles at http://www.eaglesinternational.net.
Blacksheep

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »

busforsale.com

Ace
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »

where are good places to find buss for sale besides e bay and bcm

Crown -

First - it would be helpful if you either put it in your profile, or added it as a signature, where you're located.  City and State/Province best, State/Province good.  By doing so, other busnuts can often give you more intelligent answers to your questions, based on who/what they know is in your area.

Second - Do you want a shell or a completed conversion that you can use right away?  That info's helpful, too.

Third - Don't overlook the major bus manufacturer's sales locations, either.  It's a buyer's market, so they're as willing to deal as anybody else right now.  Just do a Google search for MCI, Prevost, etc.

Fourth - Google searching for "MCI MC-9 for sale" or similar will bring up hits that don't often show up on the more common bus sales sites.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 06:11:45 PM »

Lettus not forget the most volumous....RVTRADER.COM  and  RVTRADERONLINE. 

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 06:25:29 PM »

And...if you are looking for a late model Crown Super Coach ex-schoolie try the various California state, county, district and local surplus sales/auction sites for surplus sales.  Hundreds still in daily service.  HB of CJ Smiley Smiley Smiley
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Guys,

This is only an impression so I need corrected if I am wrong.  It seems that any bus sold in Canada that has been recently inspected should be a safer purchase.  I am not suggesting "carefree" shopping here.  Their insp for safety is much rigorous than any stateside inspection except possibly Ca. commercial bus stuff.  Is Canada as good as I suspect and how far do they go into the engine?

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »

The Canadian law requires any vehicle imported into Canada or from Province to Province be given an inspection. The safety inspection is quite thorough but does not include a complete engine inspection other than excessive smoke, leaks etc. I would think US law would also require it when you import one. I'm currently importing some of those little Japanese trucks so I can use one as a toad so I have check out what hoops I must jump threw.

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »

Checkout Heartland Buses website.  They are located in Florida.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »

How about MAK.. Owner of this board with a complete classified section!

www.gobussing.com

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »

How about MAK.. Owner of this board with a complete classified section!

www.gobussing.com

That website is not working.  The MAK classifieds can be found at www.busconversions.com.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »

Actually the Go Busing url is

http://www.gobusing.com

(one "s" )
crown

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

hi want to thank all off you for responding  as for what state that does not mater much as i would have to fly
in to the usa from my home in costa rica to see the right bus  i like the classic buss of the 50 i will be flying up
to jacks bussin 09 and hope to meet many of you busnuts and your buss john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: