Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 07:40:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ??what to look for in???  (Read 6637 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 01:15:52 PM »

BK,

It's OK man!  The world is full of them.  Remember the guy who was going to do a "frame up" restoration on some junk city bus?  He knew more than just about anyone here about buses.

The best clowns are driving new Prevosts.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 02:06:50 PM »

Circusboy:

Are you the same Circusboy90210 who posted this on a different forum? ...

oh before this I was underneath the truck working on the starter wire whenthe tranny let loose I barely got out in time to save the truck from going over a cliff.    and later the police hauled you away in handcuffs?

Reference:  http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/th-400-rebuild-gone-wrong-141605.html

Or are you the Circusboy90210 that had all the motorcycle problems on  http://www.cbrxx.com/body-paint-electrical-lights/3566-bike-wont-start.html   ...and asked what a voltage regulator does?

Or are you the Circusboy90210 who, about ten years ago was trying to get someone to donate a bus to them because of claimed physical disabiliites (search the BNO archives)

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
gyrocrasher

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »

I don't know, WE. That/those posters seem too literate to be the same guy. Wink
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

Or are you the Circusboy90210 who, about ten years ago was trying to get someone to donate a bus to them because of claimed physical disabiliites (search the BNO archives)
no
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 03:51:52 PM »

Circusboy:

I think that was also on the old (I believe, now gone forverer) MAK BB.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 05:13:40 PM »

Often times the simple one word response "no" speaks volumes. It can mean that the statement is 98% accurate but because of one side's interpretation of the last 2%, they are able to deny the statement's overall accuracy.  By intent, the brief answer offers up no additional info so folks cannot ascertain how much of the original statement was factual.

Let me clarify..  

I can recall posts and discussions by an individual using the name "Circusboy90210" that date back many years. The archives on BNO show that he was posting as early as April 2001, and probably earlier.

The individual had an email account at the time of circusboy90210@hotmail.com  

This person was a perennial wannabe.  His posts would frequently start out stating that he was interested in buying a bus and was asking for advice. Other members on the board would generously spend their time trying to assist. Lengthy discussions would transpire and then eventually die out. No bus was ever purchased. Then a few years later, he would resurface and it would start over.

As Jack mentioned, I believe many of these discussions took place on the old MAK board (may it rest in peace).  These are no longer available.  There is however, a mention of him in the BNO archieves (2005, I believe).  It includes a comment stating that there was someone going by Circusboy90210 who wanted to have a bus donated to him. The request for the donation allegedly was made a few years before the archieved 2005 post.

I guess it is possible that there are two or more Circusboy90210's, and it is not the same person coming back to stir the pot once again.  You decide what you think.

makemineatwostroke

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »

WOW; guys if nothing else he knows were the term  " a tuff audience to play "  originated from   
have a great evening
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »

oh before this I was underneath the truck working on the starter wire when the tranny let loose I barely got out in time to save the truck from going over a cliff.    and later the police hauled you away in handcuffs?hitchhiking is illegal in that part of town, used to be a prison there.however it happened next to fire to a fire dept. got trash truck two help pull from edge of abyss.then went to sewer dept & was given materials & tools to fix the problem for free.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:39:26 AM by circusboy90210 » Logged
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »

oh dear....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
turbobrat930

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 08:02:47 PM »

Well, I am also a newbee... but I hope I don't come across like this guy.... WOW, It is hard for me to even read his posts.
     Circusboy, please spell out the words you are trying to say. The crowd in here probably isn't up to the new fangled "text language" and it surly is hard to read even for me. I am also a mechanic, (aircraft and vehicle) but have only touched on diesels a few times. I admit that I have a ton of learning to do, and love the fact that I can get on one of these sites and talk about problems, etc with very qualified diesel mechanics, bus mechanics, and just your average bus owner that has "been there before". There us a wealth of knowledge out here. I for one am happy just to have the opportunity to read back over 400 pages of past posts and participate in new posts. Someday soon, I will own a bus, and until that day comes, I read, read, and read some more. I have visited several "bus" shops in my area, talked with the mechanics for a few, and the owner/ operators of a few charter companies.

As far as trusting a diesel mechanic to touch your bus (if and when you get one), think of this: Yes, there are bad mechanics out there, that will screw you every way possible, when they see you walk up. But since there are forums like these out there, you talk to people, and ask some questions about your problem, and get free advice (maybe from a lifetime diesel mech or bus mechanic). Advice that might cost you dearly if you were a paying customer. Ask about the shop you are thinking of using, and someone might say  that its a good shop, or its a bad one, or they might suggest one in your area that they trust. OR, there is always another option, read, read, and read some more, and teach yourself over time how to complete the work. But please, don't use a blanket statement and imply that ALL mechanics are bad....because they are not...
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2008, 02:15:41 AM »

well this is a funny thread....
although I have no interest in defending circusclown's statements I will say that I have rarely had a good experience with regular mechanics.
Almost every time I let a garage mess with my rigs they break as much as they fix.
 e.g.  I have a Bosch  Digifant ignition on a van and I cannnot trouble shoot it so I go to the most recommended shop in my area.  We did the diagnosis together, I read the read out saying it was the TPS he said no it's not that I need to keep the van blah blah blah..three days later billed for 5 hrs diagnosis and guess what it was the TPS.  Could have made a stink but may need the guy again so whatever.....oh yeah fooling with the system he messed with the idle it runs 200 rpm higher than before  and cuts out in moderate weather untill warm.  Maybe i don't need him again.  This is just one tale of me watching while someone makes more work for themselves...
I'm guessing the heavy machinery mechs are  different, (and more sensitive Roll Eyes as the ones I have met even the truck  tire shop  guys have been very helpful.  I'm sure there are good and bad of everything but it will take more than a couple of bad experiences with any group to decide they are all bad.....even this group! Wink

scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2008, 03:29:04 AM »

There's a clown in every crowd. This guy needs to go back to basic English in school and learn simple grammar and sentence construction before he attempts to pick on diesel mechanics. This site also has spell check, he should try using it. Before you pick on people on this site look at your self and review your short comings. Which is your case is English grammar. Grow up and stop being a clown or idiot all your life.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 05:30:44 AM »

Knowledge and experience are basically the greatest attributes that anyone can have in any chosen profession especially as a mechanic. I have a brother and several very close friends that are mechanics and they amaze me at their skills in tackling just about anything that needs repaired. I've been lurking about on this bus site for almost 6 months and have learned an incredible amount just from other members knowledge and experience and their willingness to share it. This site and others like it give us all some basic knowledge of what to expect for jobs to large to tackle.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 05:45:58 AM »

Great mechanics are out there, but can be difficult to find.  I found one local and was very happy with his work. So was everyone else in town and he had to hire several additional mechanics. Business got so good, he no longer has time to twist wrenches, too busy managing the business.  Now the work is done by fair to good mechanics. Damn, I wish I had not recommended him to everyone I knew.  LOL  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 06:37:01 AM »

LMAO  Grin     With Circusboy's vast mechanical expertise, his repair of a starter wire involved the local police, fire department, sewer department and a trash removal truck to save his vehicle from going over a cliff.  Grin Grin Grin

He contends that working on a bus uses the very same concepts, just on a larger scale.  If he ever does purchase a 15+ ton bus, the evening news is going to get some great material.  "Local Bus owner attempts repair on taillight,  National Guard called in along with the FBI, EPA, and Jesse Jackson."

But back to the topic of diesel mechanics.... I am fortunate in that my 4104 and it's 6-71 are serviced at U.S. Coach.  Luke, Bill and their team performed an in-frame (including an upgrade to a 4 valve head) two years ago.  You simply aren't going to find a better shop.  If Circusboy would take the time to LISTEN to solid advice, instead of just asking for it and then ignoring it, he could find a reputable mechanic, too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: