Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 06:58:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ??what to look for in???  (Read 6452 times)
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 06:42:25 AM »

Just My opinion, but a person has to be smart enough to shut up and listen to be able to evalute the new mechanic's ability to perform his or her function.  I think that it might be a difficult task for clown boy.  Perhaps He could be sent for a bucket of propwash or slipstream for starters.  John
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »

Ya know guys, I think we all agree that we don't like his typing or his attitude but I think we are getting into a bit of slamming here.  Can't we let this go?  If we don't like him or his questions just totally ignore them please!!   Pretty Please!  Wink

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 07:17:08 AM »

The best clowns are driving new Prevosts. David larible is the clown of clowns he does not drive a prevost nordid he buy one.'(it was given to him free of charge & he pays a driver) Wink

"He contends that working on a bus uses the very same concepts, just on a larger scale.  If he ever does purchase a 15+ ton bus, the evening news is going to get some great material.  "Local Bus owner attempts repair on taillight,  National Guard called in along with the FBI, EPA, and Jesse Jackson"
did not adjust gear selector properly I learned in hindsite first time auto tranny rebuild. so park pawl did not fully engage. the starter neg cable was routed incorrectly to close to manifold(exhaust)

the shop I went to seemed to be reputable having tons of local accounts with governments in the Rochester NH area,even had a very nice web site. shop book indicated 28.5 hours four a 6.2 swap. went there several times nothing was being done on my truck. they kept stringing me along for a month for a 3 Any job . when hanging out anywhere n that town . folks kept saying, wow good luck buddy,after i told them where my investment was being worked.also was told what a prI#5 the owner is & have seen him put vehicles out of his shop . i was very patient , they charged me me for 60 hours. then on top of that did not install the water pump they insisted I buy,.because they"forgot" then took 3 more days to adjust timing &told me I would have to pay for their forget fullness. they forget & I have to pay for their mistake?got home 1,200 miles & oil filter was not on tight. injector#1 was loose .ups dropped my engine another week for replacement.they stole my core did not realize it till too far away to return. engine was running when i came to pick it up.battery's that were good when i got there had 5bad cells stuck in Virginia vdot jumped me &gave shot of go juice &could not shut off till i got home. so you see . also from doing rigging work i was wrong to do so because it's not in my nature t trust others with things that concern my life.if anyone has taken this as a slight it was not intended & I apologize. if anyone wants to know which shop this is I'm me.
as far as being a poor clown it's not for lack of talent,however I did get involved with 2 friends in business which I found was a bad idea &lost it all 3 time for trusting friends.(one twice) that's why i came here twice before looking for buses.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 07:27:24 AM »

Don't get under anything without chocking the wheels. 
Especially when not flat. 
Especially when working on the starter or transmission. 
Especially if you are accident prone.
 Especially if you have to learn more than once from your mistakes (don't get me wrong here, I have been twice schooled in a couple of areas and I'll hazard I'm not the only one).

busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »

I'm with Bubbaqgal, he's not worth the time, he get's off on this, lets let it go.

Have Fun!!
Grant
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 07:39:43 AM »

very lucky to be alive was trying to remove starter neg cable truck facing uphill, crawled under front  in front of tires ,truck rolled other way. all i heard was loud thunk & instant movement was on a street Corner next to an intersection. instinctively grabbed onto frame got drug 6' , then let go & jumped into  drivers seat narrowly missing cliff by mere inches.but @ least my life is never boring.  Roll Eyes i have learned volumes since thenveritable 6 month odyssey to rebuild a tranny & my life has been so much more rewarding because of it& the contacts & learning it has gained me. now i will never be stuck again nor be held prisoner tonhighway robbery. again if anyone felt slighted i apologize Smiley Wink Cheesy Tongue Cool
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:36 AM »

Yep, I'm done and movin' on....

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 09:08:56 AM »

Ya know guys, I think we all agree that we don't like his typing or his attitude but I think we are getting into a bit of slamming here.  Can't we let this go?  If we don't like him or his questions just totally ignore them please!!   Pretty Please!  Wink

I'm trying but I can't find the ignore button! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »

Circusboy sure has pushed some of your buttons and you keep on biting.  You have these guys on about all forums and everyone falls for their cr**.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »

tough crowd won't even accept apology Cry Tongue Huh Cool
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »

BK, it's right next to the anykey.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

BK, it's right next to the anykey.

I'm sorry I shouldn't said that!   Embarrassed  BK   Embarrassed

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 02:00:20 PM »

that's y I asked. I don't trust diesel mechanics because of my exp .ended up paying $4500 4 a simple (quoted @ $1,200 6.2 swap) (they kept my coreon to of dropping original repacement )engine swap. took 32 days living in storage area where i had my tt waiting. I almost lost everything & lost many opportunities while waiting. then after that still having probs with oil leak & light smoke in a "new"rebuild. so if posible nobody will ever turn a wrench on anything I own. then on top of that the tow truck driver bent thedriveshsft & the mech lied (buddy buddy) & said t came that way. long story cut short $2,500 rebuild $1,200 swap cost me nearly 12 grand,for what Icould have done in a wek onmy own with what most woukd call limited tool set (300 lbs of tools) I could have boughtcherrybpicker etc & stsyed on site &ntask &ndone this not 2 mention farming out stuff 2machineshop. don't equate clown with incompetent .

Clownboy90210, I must say you take my breath away, from laughing my @$# off, I think I hurt something from rolling on the floor. BK could you take a look and see if I sprung a leak? My first thought is if you can fix it better than the mechanic you chose, then why didn't you fix it yourself in the first place. My second thought is now that you have said you could do it then just do it. Third thing is if you do decide to do it yourself please get a nice life insurance policy on yourself and make me the beneficiary I could use a couple of million. I'm not going to tell you how to do the job, Just do it your way, Buy a nice small cherry picker for that DD, don't block the bus because that might get in your way as you crawl underneath it, and be sure to get the tran's dolly from Harbor Freight. Oh one last thing make sure the insurance company has my correct name and address, I'll pay the postage LOL.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 02:31:30 PM »

Ouch,that's gonna hurt in the morning LOOOOOOOOOL ! Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »

Quote from: wvanative
Clownboy90210, I must say you take my breath away, from laughing my @$# off, I think I hurt something from rolling on the floor. BK could you take a look and see if I sprung a leak? My first thought is if you can fix it better than the mechanic you chose, then why didn't you fix it yourself in the first place. My second thought is now that you have said you could do it then just do it. Third thing is if you do decide to do it yourself please get a nice life insurance policy on yourself and make me the beneficiary I could use a couple of million. I'm not going to tell you how to do the job, Just do it your way, Buy a nice small cherry picker for that DD, don't block the bus because that might get in your way as you crawl underneath it, and be sure to get the tran's dolly from Harbor Freight. Oh one last thing make sure the insurance company has my correct name and address, I'll pay the postage LOL.

WVaNative

OK first off now ya got me laffing about this again! But in all  honesty clownboy did make an apology publicly to all of us, and privately to me in a pm after I posted the VW bus (in bad judgement on my part I must add!).
I accepted his apology and even typed out a nice long one of my own for taking him personally and attacking the same values I do agree with.
As I am a DIY'er myself! But at the same time I spent the time & $ to learn to do it right and bought or borrowed the needed proper tools when needed! 
Now I'm not going to get all long winded about this but I did sorta personal get out of hand in my attack on his "way of thinking".
As I said I am the same kind of DIY'er as anyone else, but before I give anyone DIY advice I make sure I know what I am talking about and that when I do give advice it is PRACTICAL & SAFE!
What I found offensive of clownboy at first was he was slapping the very same people he was asking for help in the face while asking for their help, but again he did sorta apologize for that in his own way!
Now the next thing that really riled me about him was the advice he was giving without a clue as to the complexity and seriousness of the need for proper equipment for doing the job right and safely! Again thought he did apologize for that too! And for that I can live & let live too.
If you'll notice  he has been much less vocal and hopefully reading and learning more about buses than trying to impress us all by blah, blah, blahing us and showing us all he really knew to begin with was how to get hurt or get someone else hurt!
I have no desire to keep this going or to keep demeaning him or picking at him.
I lost the long apology I had typed to him in a personal msg. and was so disgusted in myself I was not about to retype it! But now that it has been brought back up I offer this public apology and plea for all of us to live and let live in harmony so that our wonderful board does not go back to the old days of hatefull slamming and bashing of each other!
So to clownboy and everybody else lets please take this as a learning experience and let it die and move on with what we are all here for and that is to enjoy our hobby of buses! FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

By the way WV yes you sprung a leak! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: