Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 08:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap Telma retarders... if you have a bus with a long driveline...  (Read 9014 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »

Industrial Automatic Transmission Service Inc (left click)

I will stick with the Jakes the Telmas are not trouble free, call Houston Metro and see what they think about the Telma      have a great evening

makemineatwostroke....my question is if you will, what are the field problems with the Telma outer then broken cable?

Thank you, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »

Gerald; I don't like to get in very deep in a discussion when someone likes a product but I will answer your question.In Houston we get around 50 inches of rain per year with the Telma being exposed to all the elements and flooded streets the drivers would drive through these areas and like anything electronic it does not like water,they are exposed to dirt, grime and whatever is on the road ways.Houston Metro has brought these into the shop for warranty work that the maintenance people have never greased the 2 bearings causing the unit to siege.I have saw them with wire, nail and other metal products wedged in the unit.If guys like the unit and serves them well that is great the point I am making is they are not trouble free.   

have a great day
Dallas

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »

If I had had the financial wherewithal, I would have bid on one in a mouses heartbeat.
Unfortunately, at the moment I'm at the mercy of the best half of this partnership.. and she has some other wishes for spending money. (If we had any that is).

Maybe they'll come back up again, when I can wine, dine and finagle my way into the permission to purchase.
Yeah, Right!

Dallas

So the big question is, after 539 views of this thread, did anyone find the Telma on ebay a great deal and buy it?
 Or did all my post do was start another argument about how wonderful, inapplicable , amazing, unreliable or worthless the things are?
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:40 PM »

I didn't bite because I suspect it wouldn't fit my Dina plus I don't have any spare money right now.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: