Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 01:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having trouble accessing gumpy's site....  (Read 4325 times)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 02:02:06 PM »

I just clicked Songman's link and it worked fine.

Windows XP, Firefox, AVG suite, High speed through the phone service.

Darned compukers are always messing with us...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

works for me on XP and firefox
JIm

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
platinum mci

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »

works good for me on Vista.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 03:56:13 PM »

I just connected with his website on our home (desktop) computer using XP and a DSL connection through Embarq phone company. I also went to the site through one of our laptops with XP using a Millenicom "air card".  No probelms on either computer.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 04:24:05 PM »

Songman,

I just clicked on the link you posted and this is what I got:

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I am using Windows XP and running Firefox.

that's your error, not gumpy's.  do an ipconfig /all at a command prompt which you can get to by typing cmd at the run button.  in more english:  hit start, then select run, type cmd and clik OK.  at the prompt in the black box that comes up, type ipconfig /all.  it should tell you about your network configuration.

you could also type on the next command line " tracert www.gumpydog.com"  without the quotes.  that should should you everywhere it hit on the way to gumpy's web sit.  where it stops telling you is where your ip problem is.
hth

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »

manasst,

when I type in "ipconfig/all" I get a message that says: Windows can not find ipconfig/all.  etc. .

Thanks for helping out.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »

manasst,

when I type in "ipconfig/all" I get a message that says: Windows can not find ipconfig/all.  etc. .

Thanks for helping out.

add a space after ipconfig <space> /all

Tom

usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 05:27:22 PM »

OK, I tried that and a "black box" shows up for a micro-second and then disappears!?!?  I've tried it several times now and I can see it has info in the box.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 06:21:07 PM »

OK, I tried that and a "black box" shows up for a micro-second and then disappears!?!?  I've tried it several times now and I can see it has info in the box.

you've got to type cmd on the run line, then hit enter, then in the black box type ipconfig /all. 
" hit start, then select run, type cmd and clik OK.  at the prompt in the black box that comes up, type ipconfig /all and hit enter.  that will show you some information about your network.  when you see your network info, you can then clik the "x" in the corner to close the window

Tom

Dallas

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 06:47:51 PM »

just for fun,

click start,
click run,
type cmd,
when the command box comes up, type, "clock.avi" (without the quotation marks), and press enter.

Make sure you turn the sound up quite a bit, the little video is almost impossible to hear otherwise.

Just a helpful hint  Cheesy

Dallas
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »

manasst,

It got as far as 16 hops then is says "request timed out".

Must be with my server wildblue.com

Gary D

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »

My brain hurts. I am glad my computer will let me on to Craig's site. I'm not that old but have to say I didn't think I would live my life around the use of this box. At work when server or power is down not much to for the ladies in the office. Just few years ago it wasn't a problem. How times change so fast.
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 08:07:46 PM »

Surprise! Surprise!

Santa's been sharing his Naughty and Nice list with me, and well, some of you just didn't make the grade, so.....

consider this your lump of coal!!

Roll Eyes

Here's what I know...

There's been some recent work on the network on which Gumpydog resides. It was down for a few days due to a missed cable connection, but we got that fixed and it's been up and running for a couple weeks.

However, last weekend I was in Iowa at a hotel, and I noticed I couldn't get to it from my laptop. My Father-in-law could not get to it, either, and he mentioned he hadn't been able to get to it for several days. So I contacted the guy who hosts the site. He said it was up and running, and he had no problems with a couple different browsers. I contacted my son who was in CO, and he had no problem either, so I assumed it was an issue with the hotel internet connection, since we were having significant problems with it anyway. When I returned home, I found I had not problems getting to the site, from the same laptop I had in IA. So that just confirmed to me that it was a problem with the hotel setup.

Then I started noticing some posts on the board saying some people couldn't get to it, and then today I got a PM from one of the nuts saying several were having problems. That's when I found this thread.

The status is that we're looking into it, but right now, we don't have an answer. I suspect it's related to individual ISPs somehow getting filtered or possibly a comm error. Might just be a configuration issue, as some new software was installed, and I know he hasn't fully configured it for certain things such as Ping.

In the mean time, for those of you who asked about downloading, you have my permission to download anything on the site for personal use. A couple years ago, I zipped all the directories for a fellow to download for his father who didn't have internet. I don't think these files are still on the site because we were running low on space, but will check and get back to you. If not, I can zip individual directories and upload a few at a time. You'd still need to find someone who can get to the site to download them for you.

I just love these little bugs!

Sad

craig

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:23:07 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 03:39:08 AM »

i think it's due to your state electing a comedian to office.  now everyone knows congress is a joke Sad

some states have no sense of humor and certain ISP's have barred mn websites as not being serious websites to visit.   Shocked  .  You've probably been fudging on content (private joke  Lips Sealed)

try hosting it at a more serious site like ours  Grin

Tom

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 05:28:12 AM »

i think it's due to your state electing a comedian to office.  now everyone knows congress is a joke Sad

some states have no sense of humor and certain ISP's have barred mn websites as not being serious websites to visit.   Shocked  .  You've probably been fudging on content (private joke  Lips Sealed)

try hosting it at a more serious site like ours  Grin

Fortunately he hasn't been elected yet....  but it won't be long if they keep "finding" more ballots that were mysterious lost.

Of course you knew Minnesota was an Indian name....   for Florida!

I'm sure the website is not being barred because it's in Minnesota, because the host is actually in IA. Now, that's another subject altogether which could get me barred for a lot of places!  Roll Eyes

Was just thinking last night that it's about time I started fudging my time for the year. Too bad you won't be passing through the area. Wink

cs

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: