Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:49:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having trouble accessing gumpy's site....  (Read 4595 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »

Heck I'm in Belfast Northern Ireland and I had no problems! It went right to it with no delay. Sorry you are having so much trouble, someone doesn't like you or your 'puter! Wink Just kidding, you have to have either an ISP or OS problem, check everything cause you're missing a great site!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 03:10:22 PM »

"you have to have either an ISP or OS problem, check everything cause you're missing a great site!"

Problem is I don't know what to do!  I don't know what I'm looking for that would indicate to me what is the problem.  I'll have to wait until my computer programing children are available around Christmas time. 

This is the only site (Gumpys) that I have ever had this happen to, whatever that is worth??

Thanks for all your help.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2008, 02:18:26 PM »

I have confirmation from two of the members on this board that Gumpydog.com is back up and running for those that were having problems accessing it. It seems maybe a new firewall was causing some issues, but that seems to have been resolved.

Please email me if you find you are still having troubles getting to it.

And who knows, maybe this winter I'll actually get some updates done. Actually, I nearly have a fresh water distribution page complete. Maybe before the end of the year....

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Songman

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »

Still working fine for me! I just accessed it using my LG Voyager while cruising west on I-40 at 80mphAnd let me tell you... While these advanced phones are cool, surfing orums and sites on them is a lot of work!!
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:20 PM »

songman....agreed!  sometimes i question how smart i am with my iphone....i will admit i have responded to posts on this board while driving....probably not the smartest thing in the world.  almost as dumb as switching drivers in the bus while going 80 down an interstate!!!!

on another note, gumpy's site works fine for me now. like craig said, once the firewall issue was fixed i had no issues.  i would assume that if i can access it, anyone else that had issues accessing it can too

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2008, 09:32:09 PM »

I'll suggest hot swapping drivers at speed might be found safer than the distraction of electronic gizmos and phones while driving....

We need to apply for some funding, conduct some tests, write an inconclusive report and seek further funding to better understand our inconclusions....

who's in?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »

I'll suggest hot swapping drivers at speed might be found safer than the distraction of electronic gizmos and phones while driving....

We need to apply for some funding, conduct some tests, write an inconclusive report and seek further funding to better understand our inconclusions....

who's in?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

ME!  ME!  Pick ME, Please!! 

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2008, 10:16:06 AM »

I'm with RJ on this one......That is if it's OK with him! Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2008, 10:38:18 AM »

I'm in  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Veggie Oil Conversion

Songman

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »

I'm not that talented! I'll admit that I have sent text messages on my old phone while driving but since I got this one with the full QWERTY keyboard I am a two thumb typist! Don was driving while I was surfing.

But you can count me in on the hot swap test. I have  never done it but I have seen it a million times in the old days when I was traveling with Merle. It always impressed me!
bcaddel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

Hot Swapping
I have never heard it called that, but the wife and I do it often in our MC7. I have thought about the safety of this manuver but it sure seems to work well and keeps us moving down the road.

Is this a common pratice or is it considered too risky?

Bob Caddel, Las Vegas Nevada
1971 MC7, 8V71, Allison MT654
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

its not risky if your good at it  Grin

what are your hot swap techniques?  what we do is find a long straightaway, the driver gets up and holds the wheel and lets go of the gas, and then the other person hops in from behind the seat and hits the gas, and then grabs the wheel.

however now we will have to rework this technique as i am building a wall behind the drivers seat

Veggie Oil Conversion

Songman

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »

Two words:

Cruise Control!
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »

i dont have that option on my MC9 :-(

Veggie Oil Conversion

Songman

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:10 AM »

The aforementioned 'old days' didn't include cruise control either. They were done just as described. And they were also on an MC9. Having the wall and the shifter in the way does make it a little more exciting. The funny thing is that the guys never seemed in a hurry to do it. They took their time and it was very smooth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: