Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 09:22:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: very 4104 (maybe 4106 specific) re: changing air tank.  (Read 2540 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 06:56:30 AM »

So if the 3/8" air line coming out of the top of my dry tank is not going to the gradustat any guesses as to wher eit is going.  I haven't fount it in my maintenance manual, and I have misplaced the parts manual.....

gus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 06:09:11 PM »

John,

I thought about using threaded rod but decided the threads might cut into the tank over time and probably cause the tank to rust. I'm pretty lazy anyway and the clamps were cheap.

I used laminated hardwood flooring for my cradle, like the original. I didn't want to put Al next to Al because of the high corrosion potential.

It sure would have been a lot easier to do it with the floor out!!

It has been a year or so since I traced out that air line but I'm certain it went to the gradustat. I was going to remove the line and plug the tank because it looked like a good place for leaks but decided it was a lot more work than it was worth. It makes no sense to run the line from the rear when the gradustat is only a couple of feet from the dry tank? There is nothing else in that part of the bus that uses air that I can think of.

I don't think the air tank or any air lines show up in the parts book. They are listed, but not shown, as I remember.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: