Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 08:57:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowed in  (Read 4124 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 09:44:57 AM »

I know that many folks find winter beautiful, but I can't tell you how depressing it is to me.  I spent the first twenty years of my life in New England and the last forty five or so in Florida.  I'll take a hurricane anytime compared to dealing with snow and ice.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »

I loved hearing that it was snowing in HOUSTON, TX last night on the news! Seems to me that some times there is a god! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »

Bob Up North,

Peace Creek Rv Park
(863) 439-5205
26397 Us-27, Lake Wales, FL 33859

It's on Hiway 27, just North of Cypress Gardens, Blvd.

My buddy Bob, says it's the cheapest around, and nice.

Good Luck,

Bill of the South   Grin

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »

no problem!

unload the tag and away she goes.

You haven't left it sit and make a depression under the drives....?

And chains are the show stopper, away she goes!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »

Bob, Wait till Sunday. Should be close to 50 about 2 hrs south of the falls.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
mikelutestanski

Mikes Metal Mistress

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »

Hello:
  Just remember on your way south past watertown , Sandy Creek ,Pulaski, Mexico, Central Square, Syracuse, cortland, Binghamton and finally Pennsylvania; that you have driven thrrough the snow belt of NY.   The home of the most snow anywhere in the East.   
    We commented that Buffalo got the press but Mexico got the snow....    200 inches is normal and Several years ago Mexico made national news by having 8 feet..  One of the guys I worked with made the nightly news..
      Yes Mexico was home for 32 years and we lived thru many a winter... 
    now its a memory  and Dunnellon FLorida   is home but  I can write a book about the those times 
   now one time when the backhoe ran out of fuel  in the driveway  and another when I pulled the car into the snowbank that was the driveway and we never saw another vehicle for 3 days.....
     THat picture brings back  a few memories....
      Wish you luck  and safe travels....
     Oh by the way you can stay in the rest areas in NY  overnite unless they changed the rules..
     Hope to see you in Arcadia
       Regards and happy bussin    mike   

Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R
fraser8
Fraser

1972 Prevost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

Bob, why do you want to go to a hot sweaty place when you can enjoy the crisp cool air that Brandon offers. We get our first cold weather and snow tomorrow. I've got the tractor ready, the grand kids have the snowmobiles tuned and ready, the toboggans are all waxed. I fired up the old wood cook stove in the cabin here on the farm and the gang is coming for a weekend of fun in the snow.

Next year I head south,  I'll be retired then..............
Bob Up North,

Peace Creek Rv Park
(863) 439-5205
26397 Us-27, Lake Wales, FL 33859

It's on Hiway 27, just North of Cypress Gardens, Blvd.

My buddy Bob, says it's the cheapest around, and nice.

Good Luck,

Bill of the South   Grin

Fraser Field
Deroche, BC, Canada
Where the milk cows out number the people, but they can't vote
1972 Prevost, Detroit 8-71/740 Allison automatic, Jakes
Hobbies: restoring classic cars, www.oldambulance.com, arranging old car tours: www.coasters2010.com, www.canadiancoasters.ca
Retired Paramedic
cody

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 05:59:14 AM »

Another thing to keep in mind about Buffalo, it gets the left over snow from Upper Michigan lol, when you deal with 300 to 400 inches a winter it's a 'whole nother ballgame' lol, often 200 inches falls before christmas here, now explain what I'm still doing here. One of the main problems that buffalo has that we don't would be finding places to put snow, it always amazed me how a city that reels from lake effect blizzards can still find places to put the snow, it would have to be trucked out of the city, here we have miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles lol, we just pile it up and push it higher lol. Last winter my daughter stopped checking on our house while we were in florida after the snow in our yard went over the 6ft deep mark, that happened early in january, sadly thats a normal winter for us, great for snowmobiles and winter sports but I get cold. We're not having a bad winter so far 131 inches for us, but not much on the ground, we get a few inches and then a warm day around 30 and it packs right down, BRING ON GLOBAL WARMING, I'm ready lol.  With a little luck I can get my heart strong enough to be able to travel again.  Here is a pic of what we deal with, there is a park bench to give a size comparason indicator lol.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:04:46 AM by cody » Logged
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »

I had to put on a jacket while reading your post Cody......

Bill
In the Sunshine State

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
dkhersh

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »

Cody, that gives you enough reason to build the first monster bus...lol....
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 07:25:56 PM »

Thanks for all the good wishes and wisdom guys.  The camphost has us plowed out in front.  Tomorrow we're out of here one way or another.  We were up north of Montreal for a couple of days - when we got back tonight the door lock was frozen up.  Its been up above freezing during the day and dropping to -15 or -20 at night.  Not real cold but cold enough to get your attention and certainly cold enough to make us look forward to warmer weather.

Arcadia - here we come.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
cody

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »

When you roll into arcadia you'll see all the smiling faces you need, and the weather will be warm and great, just be careful and give us detailed reports of the run to the sun.  Before you cross the border shake off any storms that might be hooked onto the back bumper. 
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 04:35:32 AM »

Before you cross the border shake off any storms that might be hooked onto the back bumper. 

Yeah, we don't want ya'll bringin any of that cold weather down here. Course it it does turn cold, we'll have someone to blame, since we can't blame Cody this year.  LOL  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 06:15:24 AM »

Just got pictures of my grand children playing in the snow at their house. This is on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain.

bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

Somebody may want to file a complaint with US Border Services cuz they let us in again.  We're sitting in the rest area on the New York side of 1000 Islands bridge having lunch.  Still not shorts weather but it is improving from the -25 we left this morning.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: