Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 08:50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine won't start  (Read 8031 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 03:49:32 AM »

pretty sure that "at the engine there is a cylinder with a small rod that comes out of it and pushes on a curved lever that is spring loaded" is the emergency shut down flap not the skinner.  He doesn't say where at the engine and the air intake is kind of at the engine.

Eagle

1985 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 05:47:17 AM »

Zubzub
The DD6V92TA engine does not have an emergency shut down.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 07:25:56 AM »

thought it was a mui and others stated it might have one. A picture would help carolina boy, it's too cold to work outside so I'm pretty much stuck armchair wrenching.

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »

I alway though that the emerency shutdown flappers were on on NA (non turbo) engines. I have seen any 92 series engines without a turbo.  Of course, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and I am sure it won't be the last.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
luvrbus

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 12:36:40 PM »

Guys emergency shut downs are on 92TA series also it depends on the application for engine if you read your 92 series manual it will tell how to rebuild one I have one on my 8v92 TA 475 HP and I use it when planing on being away from the bus for long periods of time   good luck
CAROLINABOY

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2008, 06:59:09 PM »

hey guys it is a 6v92ta mui and it is located just to the right of the fuel filters and behind the I think valve cover and I believe there is a wire to a silenoid that goes to it I think.
     Todd    MERRY  CHRISTMAS    Grin Grin

servant for JESUS CHRIST
gus

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »

Does a 4106 have a hand throttle?

I assumed they were set up the same as the 4104 but mine doesn't have that fast idle setup?

I always thought the 04 and 06 were just about the same except for the engine and trans.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2008, 05:27:35 PM »

Gus -

My 4106 doesn't have a hand throttle, but it does have a fast idle.

The fast idle became common after the '04, because there no longer was a pony engine to run the HVAC, and you needed the additional idle speed to keep the HVAC system functioning properly while the coach was parked in revenue service.

OTOH, the basic coach chassis structure is very, very similar between the '04 & '06. . .

Todd -

If you could post a photo of the governor housing on your engine, and the other things you have questions about, we could answer your question more intelligently. . .

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »

RJ...thank you for asking a photo on the governor housing. Better still a photo of the top with levers & cylinders. To add to my file so next one having a problem with it...we can show with arrows/labels.

FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

Todd -
If you could post a photo of the governor housing on your engine, and the other things you have questions about, we could answer your question more intelligently. . .

FWIW & HTH. . .
 Wink

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: