Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 10:16:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cracked liners due to operator abuse - now in Camp Luke  (Read 24086 times)
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

Great news. Keep us posted. -27C here tonite. Brrrrr.  Smiley

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »

It runs.  We've had it running several times now - the guys are just buttoning up all the accelerator and cruise linkages, skinner valve, jake wiring, etc and then we are going to pull it outside and let it run for a couple of hours.  We've already done 1 oil change on it and we will do one more before we leave today.  The first one was really gross and the oil is still a little murky but much better this time.

Its unbelievable what these guys have accomplished in such a short time but we are going to Arcadia.  Got any electric sites left Jack - I didn't want to commit to anything until I knew we would actually get out of here.  Smiley

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2008, 12:21:17 PM »

It runs.  We've had it running several times now - the guys are just buttoning up all the accelerator and cruise linkages, skinner valve, jake wiring, etc and then we are going to pull it outside and let it run for a couple of hours.  We've already done 1 oil change on it and we will do one more before we leave today.  The first one was really gross and the oil is still a little murky but much better this time.

After what you have been through, I will make sure you get an electric site!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »

Merry Xmas Bob ...... and an uneventful New Year ......

P.S. May I be the first to Welcome you to Fla.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »

Being a newbie around here I have been following your story and hoping for the best. From the way it sounds you couldn't have been in a better area for such a breakdown and getting to the bus master. Here's hoping your trip south turns out uneventful from here on except for the good parts! Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »

We're in Cape May tonight.  We tried to park at the ferry toll booth but the local county mountie rousted us out of there so we're in town across the street from Mickie D's.  We'll take our time down the coast and plan to arrive in Arcadia sometime on Saturday. 

Thank you Jack - the neighbours who won't have to listen to our generator run thank you too.

Bill's engine is running strong and cool.  We had a couple of minor fires in the shop this afternoon as it burned off the oil from our earlier incident so I was stopping regularly on the trip down here to see if anything important was on fire.  Where's the RV Safetyman when you really need him?  Of course after paying Luke I'll be lucky to buy a pail of water let alone a fire suppression system.  But everything went well and we will plan on that continuing.

We look forward to meeting everybody in Arcadia.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »

Bob,
Very glad to see you are back on the road, unfortunate you met some on NJ's finest in the quaint town of Cape May. Like a 8 hour layover for the ferry was going to harm some one...

I look forward to talk to you again as you are a quite interesting fellow, and I have the utmost respect for some who has the internal resolve to live in such a beautiful place in the summer and so cold in winter.  Maybe I can see fit to make Arcadia next year.

I always reveled of your coach' s mpg, I guess you can figure those dollars saved in fuel were destined to the engine reserve. Next time thru the area, call and you can log some duel time in my 182.

Best of luck to you and your travel to Fl, and return to the north

Gary

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2008, 07:49:12 PM »

Bob, like all the rest of the folks, we are really glad that you are on the road again.  The rv_safetyman will be there if you need him Wink.  The word "fire" got my attention!! Glad they were small and out quickly.  Be sure to check for leaks as you travel.  Should not be a problem with the folks at Luke's, but I would still check for any fluid spraying on the engine (including antifreeze).  We have lost two beautiful Monaco Corporation Coaches in the last several months from radiator failures (cracking, then spraying antifreeze on the turbo).

Have fun in Arcadia.  Wish we were heading that way.  Maybe next year.

Safe travels!

Jim
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 07:53:45 PM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »

Bob,

Really pleased that you are on your way...and smartly so.  Hope you will share the MPG you are getting from the new "mill".

What was the final analysis?  I took it that the small hairline crack in the head was "old" and probably accounted for the engines history of sipping coolant.  Is that right?  Where did the water in the oil come from?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday to you both,(and the "kids")

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2008, 06:10:22 AM »

Glad your back on the road to journey.

Amen about keeping checking all the hookup condition and connection for tighten.

Bob...Thank you for sharing the follow up news.

I am sure you be ask many questions along with Luke being there at the Jack's Bussin Rally. Wow!

This be a special Merry Christmas gift to yourself & family.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

Merry Christmas!

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2008, 06:19:22 AM »

On the Rooooad again,,,,, Bob is ooon the roooooad again,,,, Bob is South Bound and downnnnn again,,,, just glad to be on the rooooad again,,,

Okay everyone, sing it together,,,,,,

Florida is waiting,,,,,

Update, please, where are you......?

Didn't we just do this last year with Cody.......

Happy Cruising,,, and Merry Christmas,

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »

Bob,

I have been there several times over the last 20+ years ( not bad for all those years), I have always had Luke and Bill at the end of the phone to help with parts and information. I could not done it without them and all my fellow bus nuts.

A very merry Christmas to you and your family.

Tami and John

P.S. 15 years ago a friend of mine had his 671 inframed by a Detroit dealer in Baton Rouge Louisiana. It cost him $12,000,00.So you were in good hands.
cody

« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2008, 10:04:41 AM »

Bill, we all take turns at the "where's waldo" game lol, last year I had my turn, now I'm good for a while, this year it's bobs turn.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2008, 01:50:11 PM »

Bob,

Glad you are on the road.

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2008, 06:31:53 AM »

Bob..thrilled to see your on the road again ! We we're in Acadia last year (slept in our van) and had a great time. Are saving and planning to go in 2010. Good luck with the new engine. Thats one less thing you'll have to worry about the rest of your life. We'll be the ones up here freezing in Western NY while your soaking up the sunshine..lol.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: