Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 04:49:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buses - The Economy - BCM  (Read 7900 times)
cody

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »

I pay more than 38 bucks a year for coffee in a coffee shop just gabbing with friends.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 09:45:41 AM »

Cody; the 38 bucks a year doesn't bother me, I just don't see where the benefit is for me and if MAK wanted to keep the subscribers he would reduce the rate on his electronic magazine it cost him no handling, postage, or printing but he wants the same price for it as the hard copy and the electronic news papers I subscribe to the cost is about 1/3 of the copy, the magazine supporting this board is a bunch of bull Dr.Dave operates one with no support along with many others   

have a great day
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 09:54:07 AM »

Well Guys, last week I drove down to St Louis to pickup some BC Magazines a guy had for sale. He had one issue of April 1992, His subscription started in 1993 an he  only received four issues of 1993, he only got three issues of 1994, and two of those were duplicates of December, 1995 he got SIX wow but two of those were duplicates of September, in 1996 he got five issues, 1997 he only got four, in 1999 he got seven issues, in 2000 he finally got all twelve and this is his eight year, 2001 he received twelve issues again great, 2002 he received ten issues, 2003 he received   twelve issues,  in 2004 he received the first three issues then did not renew.

So taking the years 1993 thru 2003 he should have received 132 issues, but in reality he only received 78 with two of those being duplicates which means he received 76 this leaves 54 missed issues not very good in my opinion. Mailing out copies of the magazine canít be that hard, as a computer will print the labels, and all you have to do is put the label on the magazine to ship.  He said he loved the magazine but they seem to always have problem getting the magazine to him. Chad sent me an electronic copy which I appreciated.  I do believe Chad will do a good job, and that missed issues will hopefully be very small in the future. I will subscribe to BCM because of how Chad handled my concerns.  But with that said if I start missing magazines I will not be renewing.

WVaNative   

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »

I buy it for the centerfold! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »

I agree with dreamscape it's the centerfold lol, to see a bus in a very revealing bikini sure does it for me lol. I'm thinking a 'scratch and sniff' thing on the center fold of diesel fumes? maybe?
luvrbus

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 10:11:34 AM »

I am not going to touch this one the lessons from the other thread about this subject is enough to last me awhile  LOL     good luck
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »

. . . the magazine supporting this board is a bunch of bull Dr.Dave operates one with no support . . .

I believe the good Dr. has a 'special' arrangement, due to previous business dealings, that allows him to host the board at no cost.

It is my understanding that the more traffic you have, the more the charge for hosting the board on 'the net'.

But, I've been misinformed before . . . . Roll Eyes

So, I'm back to pondering - - - What makes this board different? We all know about the other boards, but we choose this board, why is that?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:06 AM »

. . . the magazine supporting this board is a bunch of bull Dr.Dave operates one with no support . . .

I believe the good Dr. has a 'special' arrangement, due to previous business dealings, that allows him to host the board at no cost.

It is my understanding that the more traffic you have, the more the charge for hosting the board on 'the net'.

But, I've been misinformed before . . . . Roll Eyes

So, I'm back to pondering - - - What makes this board different? We all know about the other boards, but we choose this board, why is that?

Kyle I tell you why we choose this board over the others, it's because it the best there is. It's better that the others because it gets more traffic, and its a lot more friendly. the guys on this board are great and I know a lot of guys here are over there also, but this place kicks the other boards @$#.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
skipn

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 10:58:22 AM »

Cody
       "just gabbing with friends" now your just bragging Smiley

Kyle4501
       IMHO.......the bbs is nothing more than a lost leader.....the main site does incur web design and
   building costs yadda yadda yadda.............so great for us..I don't mind the tag along situation.

"we choose this board, why is that? "
where does the white go when the snow melts
   probably has something to do with the regulars "Hi Norm" habits.

Just an observation
   Skip

BUR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »

Mac that was a very good post. I along with many  do not like the Readers Digest version of BCM and was not going to renew. After I read your post I decided to renew again to show my support and maybe someday it will get back to the original. I am just about finished with my conversion and  have no idea where I would have been without the magazine and the information off of the board. Thank you for hanging in there, it would have been so easy for you to pull the plug and walk away. Thanks again  Wilbur Bradbury  (BUR)

1980 Prevost   8V71TA  6 speed stick
Homebase   Kelso, Washington
Coming to a city near you      "Fulltiming"
Winter months   Yuma AZ
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 11:10:58 AM »

Ok guys yet another question how does BNO do it Ian doesn't depend on a magazine for revenue to run his board and does not charge anything to sell a bus or conversion parts.I notice people from this board there selling items over 150 bucks and not buying MAKs ads any answers    have a good day
cody

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 11:13:44 AM »

Yep skipn, of course I'm bragging, anyone that can survive on a 38 dollar a year coffee shop budget is still doing ok lol, of course, that doesn't always count the occasional donut lol.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 11:20:06 AM »

Mike,

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Thanks for 20 + years of the best help and support for the only real hobby I have ever had.

John, Tami and JC

PS JC has enjoyed all those fabulous bus nuts, there families at rallies since he was born.  (Now 21 years old.)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 11:21:59 AM »

. . .   probably has something to do with the regulars "Hi Norm" habits.

It's my opinion we choose this one because of the subtle undertones established by MAK & his choices concerning it.

As for BNO, there is a different 'atmosphere' over there & it too is a 'loss leader' for the selling stuff.

Still no free lunches. . . .

Hey MAK, Any possibility of subscribers getting a few 'free' adds for bus parts in the magazine (pictures extra, of course)? May stir up more intrest in the classifieds . . . .

BTW, concerning where does the white goes when the snow melts, the white never existed, just an optical illusion resulting from too many conspiracy theories . . . . Grin  Shocked  Roll Eyes  Tongue

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
cody

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

The white never existed? We store it for the next year, that what we do, I had a whole bay full of white that I took south last year and traded it for jars of "florida warm". Problem was that my bay doesn't seal very tightly and some of it fell out along the way. lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: