Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 09:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buses - The Economy - BCM  (Read 8010 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 02:51:34 PM »

I agree with dreamscape it's the centerfold lol, to see a bus in a very revealing bikini sure does it for me lol. I'm thinking a 'scratch and sniff' thing on the center fold of diesel fumes? maybe?

He's just bragging because he WUZ the centerfold one month! And thank god, heaven, and MAK for not making it a scratch & sniff! Grin  BK  Grin

Now I don't mind helping to support the board by a donation or buying a subscription even though I don't belong here because I don't own a conversion only seated buses and SETRA's at that! But I have high hopes someday of building one of them into a conversion! We are almost out of the MCI inventory and I think that the 2 left are gonna become nice conversions (mom & dad are still partial to the old 102A3 they have put many a  mile on!) and if Robert doesn't change his mind and opt out for an Eagle I believe he is sorta set on converting the MCI he drives for us when we retire it in favor of a newer 45' SETRA. (if he doesn't buy an Eagle first! He regularly tells me about Setra's & Eagle's he finds listed on the bay and elsewhere and when I tell him I'm not interested in any Eagles he tells me ya can't go wrong because if you buy it I'll buy it from you! Hmmm someting awful fishy here!)

But I intend to do my part to help the BEST BOARD stay the best whatever it takes ti do it! I occasionally go to Dr. Dave's & even once in a while stop in on Ian's but the one I check more often than my own email is right here!

Even if it means having to fear Cody being a scratch & sniff in the follow up issue on him! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »

Man BK, you crack me up "scratch & sniff" LOL. There is only one BK and thank God for that oh, I mean him.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
clee2

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 09:24:09 AM »

I felt like I got a slap in the face when I received the new magazine.  The publisher states that when he took over 12 months ago, his goal was to make it a better magazine.  Well it has gotten smaller, less info and seems to be a 2-3 page advertisement story for companies that convert.  The centerfold doesn't grace the front page and their seems very little info given about the centerfold compaired to earlier issues.  The only reason I still keep it is for the Myers and Galey articles.  Which last month somewhere here we were told that would be decreased because they were retelling old stuff.  Times are hard yes.....but don't feed us a bunch of crap about how better you made the magazine when quality has gone down.
skipn

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »

Clee2,

Well I see this was your first post    Welcome aboard.....Hope to hear more from you.

Trivial things like where ya from......Portland, vegas, atlanta etc......
    what kind of bus you have or looking for.....

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday

Skip
clee2

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »

I am from n. Texas and currently do not have a bus.  I have been receiving the bus magazine since 2004, so that when I do get one I will have some background knowledge.  Hopefully.
cody

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »

Clee2, I think they have medication now to counter the madness brought on by bus's, they even claim to be somewhat close to a cure lol.
clee2

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »

I don't want a minivan though !!!!
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »

BK, I think you belong here just as much as any of us other nuts. I never saw anywhere here where it says 'you have to own a bus conversion'.
Besides, I enjoy reading your posts.

Best regards.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »

"Cody; the 38 bucks a year doesn't bother me, I just don't see where the benefit is for me and if MAK wanted to keep the subscribers he would reduce the rate on his electronic magazine it cost him no handling, postage, or printing but he wants the same price for it as the hard copy and the electronic news papers I subscribe to the cost is about 1/3 of the copy, the magazine supporting this board is a bunch of bull Dr.Dave operates one with no support along with many others   "

So Makwminewhatever, let me take a wild @$# guess here. I'll just bet you are one of the volunteers that helps to keep this BB going. Right? In fact you'r probably the guy who does the most work,for free, of course. It always amazes me how some people look at other peoples businesses and decide that they make too much money. How do you know how much it costs to run a BB? Just because someone else does it for no cost doesn't mean everyone does/can/want to. The other person may have reasons why he chooses to absorb the costs(he probably feels good about helping others or some other reason no one knows about) But don't insult the rest of us by suggesting theres is no cost in keeping up a BB or distributing the magazine electronically. The only thing saved there is the paper and the cost of mailing. Perhaps by doing that MAK is able to achieve a satisfactory return on his investment that he is not able to get with the hard copy version.

If you don't like the magazine, then don't buy it. If you don't think there is value in the BB don't come here. But don't badmouth the magazine owner and then turn around and take the stuff he gives for free.

Thats rude and ignorant.

Fred M.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 04:58:04 PM »

bottom line it takes money to make money. people are getting way to overconcerned with  this nonsensical "green" movement . to assume we have this much power is arrogant. need to pump more $$$ into spending on advertisement & positive thinking. prepare for the worst but expect the best.
makemineatwostroke

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »

Mc, I do know how much it cost for a board and a web site fwiw,  the point I am trying to make is the magazine does not support this board.I try and help the guys all I can with their engines questions and if you think for one minute I am taking advantage of Mak you answer their question for them look at members on top and you will see one less and I hope you can answer the question for them     have a great evening
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »

bottom line it takes money to make money. people are getting way to overconcerned with  this nonsensical "green" movement . to assume we have this much power is arrogant. need to pump more $$$ into spending on advertisement & positive thinking. prepare for the worst but expect the best.

Well hello circusboy! Glad to see you are still with us! And to be honest (seriously, no harm intended!), this is the first time I have ever totally agreed with you on anything!
LOOKS like you and me can get along! (sshhh don't tell anyone though it'll ruin my reputation as a PRICK!) Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »

i renewed a few months ago.  my magazine via pdf came in right away.  small?  yes it was, but good information.

i just spent $4k on my jakes, my tow brake and some other things cause i don't have the knowledge of some like mma2s or bk.  but now those wrenches can spend my $4k on their cars, kids or whatever.  maybe they'll buy a computer, maybe from me, and i'll get my money back and like MAK said, keep the circle goin.  hopefully, it's not a circle jerk and we're all gettin screwed.

MAK, thanks.  keep up whatever faith and work you can.  to not try is to die.

btw, leavin Saturday for bussin 09.  Pray for warmth enough to get the engine started and the brake lines thawed, and that the wrench that put the jakes on didn't ruin my good runnin 8v92.
i'll start a new thread later.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »

well, I've not had any problems with the magazine.  Out of the last 14 years, I think there are only a few issues missing and those could easily have been misplaced after I received it. 

Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »

"Mc, I do know how much it cost for a board and a web site fwiw,  the point I am trying to make is the magazine does not support this board"

So WHO do you think pays the bills to run this board? Who pays for the connection to the net? Who pays for the hosting computer? Who pays for the software update? The costs may be small or not so small but THERE ARE COSTS.You seem to think that because there are a number of knowlegeable people who answer questions for no charge(including yourself)that there is no cost. I don't see a charge to be a participant on this board(unlike others I belong to) so the money must come from somewhere. And seeing as how MAK owns the board the money obviously comes from him. Unless you know something the others don't.

Fred Mc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: