Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:22:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Travlinman  (Read 1159 times)
travlinman

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:24:31 AM »

Hello MAK Members,

New member here, just thought I would say hello. I am looking for a converted bus to buy and this looks like another great place to get info. I am looking for a completed conversion with one requirement, 80" of interior height. Every thing else I am flexible on. I'm a bit on the tall side and would like to be able to walk around in the bus while I still can. I am partial to Eagles but will look at any well done conversion. Having searched the web fairly hard and come up with a list of 5 good candidates, anyone here thinking of selling? Links to for sale ads are also greatly appreciated.

Steve

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 08:29:22 AM »

Steve,

Welcome aboard. Welcome to the madness, and (I hate to say it) the problems too (thats why there is a board... Grin Grin Grin). I hope that you find your dream bus, at a good price. I'm sure that others will chime in, but always get a qualified mechanic to look at your bus before you buy. Buses will fail (some more than others Grin, like mine), but they are a fun challenge. Sadly, there is no know cure for the bus nut (knut) illness.

We are glad that you are here. Happy busing.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 08:53:05 AM »

Steve, You are in for the ride of your life, and once you catch bus fever well lets just say it's for life, there is not cure. You are lucky you found the MAK bus site before you bought your bus because there is so much knowledge on this site that will help you hopefully not make a big expensive mistake. Also when you do look at a bus get lots of pictures of engine, electric panels, and so forth to help the guys here evaluate the bus for you. The most important thing is to get someone who knows buses to give it a complete going over before you lay down your hard earned cash. Because what might look great on the outside may not be on the inside. There are other bus board online but this is by far the best. Welcome aboard.

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

welcome Steve  Grin,a little more info about yourself might help,experience with buses,mech ability,as well as location cause we have bus nuts strung out across this fair land of ours .My wife and I are both 6'3" +,and our eagle suits us just fine right now but still we will be looking to raise the roof anyway as we start our conversion on the interior.so a little more info would would help to point you in the right direction ;)Have a great day.Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »

I knew you would make it here sooner or later! Wink

Sure would like to see you in an Eagle, I know you have been looking for one as you have posted at Eagles International website.

But whatever you find, hope it will the right one for you.

Enjoy your search, there are lots of them out there, one will find you!

Good Luck,

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 01:51:58 PM »

Welcome to our assylum.  I am sure that you will find a lot of help in your search, and then in the adventure, here in the forum.  You should be able to find a real good deal on a converted coach.  Even though fuel prices have come down, the prices on bus conversions still seem to be very low.

So, shop carefully and patiently.  Get any serious prospect inspected, preferably by a bus mechanic experienced with buses of the type and age you are looking at.  But if one is not available, you can often find one of the bus nuts on this forum that live close enough to go have a look for you.  Or thye may be able to recommend an area mechanic to go have a look.

But most imporantly, take your time.  Don't rush it.  Mistakes are too costly.  When looking at one, ask questions here.  You will get lots of insights and tips.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 06:57:12 PM »

you should come to bussin 09.  and yes, i do know where you can get a nice Eagle, stretched to 45 ft, very well done, but last i heard, overpriced.  maybe lower and available now.

no, not mine.  the guy might be at bussin tho.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 09:40:01 PM »

Welcome Steve. If a GM wouldn't work I guess you could get by with an Eagle. Others here have demonstrated it's possible.

(Certainly I don't need to add a smiley so all you tender Eagle owners know I am only kidding, right?)

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great welcome! I'm learning lots and having a great time.

Barn Owl - The first coach i ever looked at was a 4905, great bus. When I went to stand up inside, well lets just say it was a bit small for us basketball sized guys.

Every one else, thanks. I'm getting close one posting a couple of Eagles for you guys to look at for me.

Steve

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: