Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:48:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone, take 10 deep breaths and count to 10  (Read 4171 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: December 21, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »

I don't know if it is the season, the economy, the stage of the moon, your wife's PMS or what the He## it is, but there sure has been a lot of bickering, baiting, name calling and being downright disrespectful of fellow members lately. 
  It is easy to read a post, get upset and quickly write a response and fire it off.  all I ask is, please, take time to read your post and ask yourself it that is going to be one of the above before posting it. 
   Some may say "Ya'll just need to get thicker skin".  I say skin thickness has nothing to do with it. Disrespectful is Disrespectful.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 06:13:22 PM »

You da man!

You don't have to believe everything you think.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 06:14:22 PM »

Merry Christmas Jack  Grin (Is that better?)

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 07:05:07 PM »

I am saddened by the number of well regarded busnuts who have left this BBS since the new forum started some two and a half years ago.  The vast majority left because of some sort of disagreement with what someone else posted.

I find myself visiting less often since summer due to all of the busnuts that have left or rarely post these days.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »

The older I get, I am becoming a believer of the effect of the darkening days of the late fall and early winter...

Folks are a little downer, and it shows.

By late February, as more sunshine is out, we get happier, and so do the posts.

Check back in the archives, bickering increases to a peak and then subsides, in some relation to the winter solstice.

Never mind any whack job spiritual stuff, it just stands to reason, we are a daylight powered species, and daylight is at a premium in the northern hemisphere this time of year.

So, civilized ladies and gentlemen, put a little effort into it or Jack will snap!!!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »

To keep it simple thank you JackConrad

1976 4905
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »

BW,

You are right, and there is a name for it.  It's called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

I think that in most cultures you study, you will find that they have some sort of festival of light in the middle of winter.  These holidays could have been created with the purpose of lifting people's spirits when the world seemed darkest.

I like this board.  Generally the side stuff is not out of hand, and the environment is not sterile.  Some "strictly business" boards are on the boring side.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
quantum500

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »

Some "strictly business" boards are on the boring side.

Isn't that the truth!
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 08:56:14 PM »

I have taken 10 deep breaths and biting my tongue 10 times!
Arnd now I feel GREAT!

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »

Dang it, I must have missed out on the fun somewhere.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »

I managed to take 10 deep ones but still only made it to the # 6 ,do I still pass ?   Roll Eyes Happy holidays Every one. Kiss

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
sivrtnge2

1994 EAGLE 10/45 CAULDWELL CONVERSION

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

Help!!! Help!!! Someone please call 9 1 1. My husband past out after holding his breath for 3 minutes!!! He doesn't follow instructions well. Grin
--
"D"
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:40 AM »

I took 10 really deep breaths and now I fell dizzy  Huh  Is that a symptom of SAD?

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
cody

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 05:58:39 AM »

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't yesterday the shortest day of the year? I'll bet we're all feeling better already lol.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 05:59:35 AM »

Merry Christmas guys. I hope things go better... Grin Grin Grin

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 07:14:45 AM »

Sun's out and the temp has come up 5* since I got up an hr ago it's now a whopping 12* outside. But I took 10 Deep breaths and counted to 10 and now I feel much better THANKS JACK!
And I apologize that I was one of the ones who was a part of instigating some of the childishness!
Grin  BK  Grin
Oh yeah I'm really glad you only said 10! It's still to cold to take my big fuzzy dog slippers of to use toes to count any higher!  Cheesy

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »

Bryce...you said..."Oh yeah I'm really glad you only said 10! It's still to cold to take my big fuzzy dog slippers of to use toes to count any higher!"

We need photos...lots and lots of photos! Grin

Jack 

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 07:47:42 AM »

I agree with Jack,lots of photo's,  And take some of them there puppy slipers  Cheesy Cool

PADoug

Squirrels store food in bus. Are they bus nuts?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 07:56:04 AM »

>>Bryce...you said..."Oh yeah I'm really glad you only said 10! It's still to cold to take my big fuzzy dog slippers of to use toes to count any higher!"<<

Bryce,

My niece gave me a pair of Green "Shrek" movie slippers for the holidays a few years ago. Can you imagine getting up and seeing two huge "Martian" type faces ready to swallow your feet in the morning??  Shocked

I'm glad I quit drinking...they are warm though. I'll leave them at home though if I ever get the chance to make a bus rally visit... Don't want anyone to think (Confirm!) I'm nutz... Grin

Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 08:07:24 AM »

We all share a passion for the same hobby, right?

So with the passion comes strong emotion.

Like & respect are 2 different things.
You don't need either to agree with someone.
If you have both for someone, that doesn't rule out disagreeing with 'em either.

You don't have to be best friends before helping someone out, do you?
There are some here that probably wouldn't ever put me on their Christmas card list, but I know they wouldn't just leave me on the side of the road if I needed assistance.

It is OK to have different opinions.
It should be OK to have a little fun with a disagreement too. . . .

Maybe a healthy dose of a sense of humor would be helpfull . . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »

All that happens to me is that with 10 breaths I just get colder and hyperventilate...

It was 7 degrees here last night and is now A bright shiny 23 degrees in the
sun and 8 degrees elsewhere... Hmmmm...

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Songman

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »

There are some here that probably wouldn't ever put me on their Christmas card list, but I know they wouldn't just leave me on the side of the road if I needed assistance.

I might leave you on the side of the road... If I could figure a way to get you away from your bus long enough to take it!!  Grin

Yeah.. I like this humor thing!

On a serious note, I have had differing opinions from some people here. And that is okay. Differing opinions are a good thing. But when it comes right down to it, I like just about everyone I have ever met in the bus hobby. The ones I don't, I just stay away from and there is no further problem. It is easy to do that on the internet.  Smiley

Merry Christmas to all!
cody

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 09:03:13 AM »

Now I fear I may have been tainted beyond repair, I'm trying very hard to get rid of the visual of BK with big fluffy dog slippers, I can only hope they arn't pink lmao.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »

Quote from: PADoug
>>Bryce...you said..."Oh yeah I'm really glad you only said 10! It's still to cold to take my big fuzzy dog slippers of to use toes to count any higher!"<<

Bryce,

My niece gave me a pair of Green "Shrek" movie slippers for the holidays a few years ago. Can you imagine getting up and seeing two huge "Martian" type faces ready to swallow your feet in the morning??  Shocked

I'm glad I quit drinking...they are warm though. I'll leave them at home though if I ever get the chance to make a bus rally visit... Don't want anyone to think (Confirm!) I'm nutz... Grin
Doug

Yes Doug I can imagine! I used to also have a pair of "Tyrannosaurus Toes" slippers that looked like dinosaur feet and growled and howled when you hit them or stomped while walking! LOL!

Quote from: jackhartjr
Bryce...you said..."Oh yeah I'm really glad you only said 10! It's still to cold to take my big fuzzy dog slippers of to use toes to count any higher!"
We need photos...lots and lots of photos! Grin
Jack 

Quote from: THE BIKE WHISPERER
I agree with Jack,lots of photo's,  And take some of them there puppy slippers  Cheesy Cool

Now I fear I may have been tainted beyond repair, I'm trying very hard to get rid of the visual of BK with big fluffy dog slippers, I can only hope they arn't pink lmao.

And Jack, Van, & Cody you guys are mess'n with CAT now because her and Dallas bought and gave me my big Fuzzy Puppy dog slippers!

But here ya go!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »

Bryce...sometimes...just to be nice...we ask for photos.  This was one of those times!LOL
Jack
PS...they are cute widdle slippers!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »

Oh Yeaaa!,that's it give it to us baby!show them slippers,this is what ya call entertainment right here Cheesy,I don't care what ya say.Now I too don't have to be ashamed of my harley piggie slippers (I'm commin Out ,LOL,LOL Cheesy Cheesy).Alright line forms to the left,let's see them puffy slipfers slippers  Cheesy(sorry fell out ma chair ,laughing )

too funny stop,LOL,LOL
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:16:07 AM by THE BIKE WHISPERER » Logged

John316

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »

Oh Yeaaa!,that's it give it to us baby!show them slippers,this is what ya call entertainment right here Cheesy,I don't care what ya say.Now I too don't have to be ashamed of my harley piggie slippers (I'm commin Out ,LOL,LOL Cheesy Cheesy).Alright line forms to the left,let's see them puffy slipfers slippers  Cheesy(sorry fell out ma chair ,laughing )

too funny stop,LOL,LOL

BK, showed us his...lets see yours...LOL Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

God bless,

John

cody

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »

I'm tainted, I'm tainted
PADoug

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »

I can't seem to upload images...I guess the Mak doesn't want me to "Stick my foot in my mouth" anymore!  Cheesy Cheesy

Doug

Living life one day at a time, and keeping first things first. MM Philanthropy#225 F&AM Greensburg, PA
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 11:25:49 AM »

BK,
You didn't breath enuff before posting those Cheesy

I've been trying to reply but keep knodding off at about sevvv........

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
John316

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:28 AM »

Doug,

Try using a attachment, under additional options. Might work...

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

Van
Billy Van Hagen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 11:28:33 AM »

John,I'll show mine but, I'm still shy Embarrassed but I'll work up enough nerve ,and get them away from BOO (our female Pit Bull)she thinks they are her pups and carries them with her where ever she goes ,It's a long story and the short of it is that yes therapy is working ,she's now been weened off of my m/c tires and has moved on to my slippers Cheesy .And you thought you had it rough Cry

Can you say scratch&siff Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:33:18 AM by THE BIKE WHISPERER » Logged

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

I can't seem to upload images...I guess the Mak doesn't want me to "Stick my foot in my mouth" anymore!  Cheesy Cheesy
Doug

I have had trouble loading or resizing pictures here from day one! I recently found this thread and link very helpful! I down loaded it and now all I do is right click on the picture and click on re-size. Then when I get a choice I chose custom and put in 480 X 360 and it works like a charm!

If I can do it! You can too! FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10049.msg0#new

or straight to what I'm talking about!

http://www.resize2mail.com/

www.kylakesidetravel.net

gus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »

I think a lot of the problem is that when one post disagrees with another one there are hard feelings.

One purpose of this forum, or any forum, is  to find out the different experiences of others  or get some new ideas, or just get some backup that what he is about to do is the best way to go.  It is not reasonable to expect that anyone should accept your idea above all others, that is for him to decide. What you post is only advice, not the gospel of busnuts, and it should be accepted as such.

There is nothing more boring than seeing two or three "experts" battle it out here. I always am a bit skeptical of anyone who calls himself an "expert".  I am more impressed when someone says that about another person.

One more problem I've often had is that when i ask for actual experiences I get a bunch of opinions. If one asks for opinions that is different, but only when asked. I have a lot of opinions too, all free, but I try to keep them under control!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:39:10 PM by gus » Logged

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 01:24:21 PM »

Gus,
All I can say is very well put!
And not 100% of the time, but most of the time when I post it is from actual experiences. I try not to post about things I do not have any experience on! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

PADoug

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »

Okay okay, trying to put our best feet forward here:

By the way: Thank you Bryce, for making this forum so much fun. I don't have a bus, and at the rate, probably never will. But I've learned to love them, to the point where yes, some of my friends think I'm nuts. (Why was I commenting on the New Flyer buses to my friends last week? Who cares about the lowered floor and step up in the back?? Well, I do... Tongue)

So please forgive me if I ask questions... No, I'm probably not going to buy one (Unless I win the lottery). I just like to study them in their various environments, from commuter, to cross country... I travel a good bit, and have learned to appreciate two points: A working bus is a cool bus, and; one that has been gracefully retired and well cared for by a thoughtful owner, is even better. Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukkah.

Shalom

Doug

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: