Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 06:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying J Inc. filed Chapter 11  (Read 4354 times)
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 08:10:22 AM »

The discount is miniscule.  What, a penny per gallon?  So if I rolled in there on fumes, I could save a whole, whopping $1.65 on a fill-up?  Be still, my beating heart!

No -- the discount he's talking about is the "cash" discount, which now ranges from $0.07 to $0.09 per gallon.  Flying-J USED to give RV'ers the cash discount at the truck pumps, even when paying with a credit card, so long as you presented your (free) frequent fueler card.

So you're looking now at a surcharge, in the case of your tank, of about $16 to fill up using a credit card.  In my case, it's over $30.

We used to use the truck islands at FJ exclusively, because it takes anywhere from two to five times as long to fuel at the RV island, and even longer at a car dispenser.  When you have a 300+ gallon tank, that can be the difference between a 15-minute fuel stop and an hour and a half.

FJ still honors the cash discount at the RV islands, and now we fuel there instead.  We just budget an hour or so to fuel -- and we warn off anyone pulling up behind us.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Merlin-PV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »

Just a quick note If you would use a CFN ,Pacific Pride or some other commercial fuleing network cards you would not be blessed with all those other extra charges, and may find our the fuel is cheaper,and lots of room at the pumps FWIW.   Merlin 
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »

Merlin,

Are you saying that we should fuel at those places, or that we should get commercial cards? I have liked Flying J, they have usually been good and aren't the TA's of the world. If we get a commercial card does that mean that we get more that the cash price discount?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »

Just a quick note If you would use a CFN ,Pacific Pride or some other commercial fuleing network cards you would not be blessed with all those other extra charges, and may find our the fuel is cheaper,and lots of room at the pumps FWIW.   Merlin 

Merlin,

I have both a CFN and a Pacific Pride cardlock card.  I keep them because, sometimes, they are the only alternative in certain areas.  That said, I fuel at Flying-J because
  • It's usually cheaper, and
  • CFN and PP do not post the prices at the dispensers.  The readout is in gallons only.  You need to know ahead of time what your rate is, or just trust that it will be "good enough."

FWIW.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »

good deal I Cool like the iron skillet @ petro better anyhow
Merlin-PV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »

Not saying you should fuel at those places just no extra charges, you pay the price that is established at your "HOME"  fuel distubitor. Prices are usually negotiatable depending on how much fuel you use and never a croud at the pumps Merlin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: