Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 05:50:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray foam kits +/-  (Read 4172 times)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 06:32:24 AM »

JohnEd…about your post in regard to the air breathing toxic fume. That is a good post to be in Wiki file by all mean.

We need that reminder to keep us informed of the human safety.

You said it well and by no mean always follow the product’s recommend safety suggestion on all of MAK board posts.

Thank you JohnEd!

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

Merry Christmas!

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »

John,

I can see that you have spent a lot of time thinking about this issue. I am glad that you posted it. Thanks for the info...

Also, we used curry combs to scrape our foam down. They weren't expensive (from TSC), and they didn't have the health risk that John mentioned, since they were bigger chunks, scraped off and the particles didn't get airborne.

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 12:21:07 PM »

This is my post from the tiger foam post

I used these on a room in my house due to limited acces of MBOB (my big o butt )

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/products/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

I also wanted Closed Cell Foam, for the better sealing and higher R-value so make sure of what your getting.  Open cell has half the r-value and can let moisture through, but it is still better than nothing or fiberglass etc.

the guns get pricy and break easily. 

the tanks covered more than estimated, and i foamed the door to my bus while I was at it.

If i had to do it again, or if i do some more and other things,  I was strongly considering this gun, but you need a good compressor,

http://www.soythane.com/?q=node/5

once you have the gun you can spray the other products from Spraymax like bedliner and garage floor coatings, or foam other smaller areas, options are open.

HTH

oh yeah, the people here were quoting some high prices(3-5$/ft sq) so i did some of the job myself

also,
While you have the floor up and cleaning.  I would consider how you can use that space, fresh water tanK maybe,  seems wasted on my MC9, tank might give you some thermal mass if you need it in the right spot.  also if you coud put a hatch in the center aisle you can put a lot of stuff there and have access to upgrade later as you learn and change your mind.  also i have a positve pressure there going down the road.  which causes a lot of AC loss(heat gain). 

i vote sandwich flat sheets in the floor just for ease of installation. 

but most of all,

do it your way. Grin

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

NewB,

I note this place is touting their "GREENESS" and lack of bad stuff.  Did you have a fresh air issue?

Hot foam has an R value of 7.5.  One product on that site is spec'd at 7.0 and another at 7.7.  A 150F degree temp limit doesn't seem adequate.  Did I miss something?

I think if I had an entire house to do I would use that stuff and especially if a garage was also in the mix.  Thanks for the post and link.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »

JohnEd,

I did a room that had been taken in from a carport and had no insulation in the attic or under the floor and has a low pitch roof.  The spray foam quotes i was getting were high I thought I would try the Foamit Green myself on this room and learn from it. Some areas i just sprayed at and wish the gun could have been longer.  I didn't have air problems doing the attic but i kept the pretty good fans going yjere was more ventilation and i sprayed slower.  I only had the one fan going when i was underneath and had trouble if i got out of the direct line of the fan.  I was moving faster and spraying more underneath too.

major improvement on the, room not too uncomfotable with the vents closed, will prolly come back over with loose fill in attic for more r-value.

they released the Spraymax after i had purchased the other.  I am wanting to do the rest of my house, and build a building and insulate it and maybe coat the concrete as well, so the spraymax was interesting me due to the smaller volumes to spray. and the gun investment might be worth it with a lot to do.

PS note that i did not use the quote featue and just addressed the poster Cheesy

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 09:25:40 PM »

Newbee,

You ad new dimension to the term "Iron Lung". Roll Eyes  Nice results though. Grin

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 11:43:01 PM »

could this foam be sprayed on a mesh two buildaboat?

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink yeah then it's really hilarious Cool
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 01:31:36 PM by circusboy90210 » Logged
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »

could this foam be sprayed on a mesh two buildaboat?

look for the denser stuff, i think that's what the use in boat building

Newbee,

You ad new dimension to the term "Iron Lung". Roll Eyes  Nice results though. Grin

John

I think the R-134 gave me the most trouble when i was laying down and spraying up,  if i moved from in front of the fan it was rough,  only did that once. Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: