Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 11:04:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying J  (Read 3912 times)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »

I was noticing on Flying J website a lot of sites were low on gas. I stooped in SC this evening and all the regular pumps were bagged. I said something to an employee about selling a lot of gas and she said there were some problems. According to her FJ filed chapter 11 yesterday. They may have trouble with their suppliers. Another sad event in todays economy if true.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

nothing sad about a company who went along with hedging oil prices that have been a drag on our economy. company's come & go no big loss t's just competition in a free market economy Cool
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 10:52:21 AM by circusboy90210 » Logged
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:47:43 PM »

If Flying J got caught with hi priced futures that was the doing of someone in their corporate office.

I do feel for those employees in many small towns, who worked 24/7 shifts and now may face unemployment in a small market, in toughest of times.

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

We have two Flying J threads going.  The other one is:  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10507.0

This thread would suggest that the first impact of the bankruptcy filing has disrupted their fuel supply.  Not sure why that would be, since they have their own refineries.  Perhaps they purchase locally when their refineries are too far away to truck economically.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »

It makes sense for a company to lock in oil prices when they are going up daily with no end in sight.  A few folks said the high prices couldn't last, but most were predicting a return to $90 or $100, not $40.

How many busnuts would have locked in a year's supply of diesel at $4 a gallon (if they could) when prices were at $4 and skyrocketing?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cody

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:11:02 AM »

[quote  &go no bigloss t's justcmptitionin a free arkt economy.m8)0
[/quote]    huh?
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »

[/quote]    huh?

I suspect he meant to say "no big loss, it's just competition in a free market economy."  Must be missing some keyboard keys or some fingers.

Linda K

Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 10:16:04 AM »

huh?

I suspect he meant to say "no big loss, it's just competition in a free market economy."  Must be missing some keyboard keys or some fingers.

Linda K

[/quote]

Very good Linda K    I'm impressed Smiley

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
cody

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 10:16:55 AM »

Does he use a blackberry type of thing? I was looking at my daughter's phone or what ever it was and it only had a really small abbreviated keyboard, never did figure out how to do texting anyway so maybe that explains the typos or strange words.  I'm not sure how my fat fingers are supposed to hit those little bitty keys anyway lol, my aim wasn't that good before the parkinsons hit much less now lol.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »

idont thikth issde cas... ipt pbly jsutmsitiped (I don't think that is the case...probably just mis-typed Grin Grin Grin)

Just kidding of course. No really, Linda, I am impressed. Are you a translator? Good work.  Grin Grin Grin

I feel badly for Flying J. They had a great business, IMHO. We always liked to stop there. I hope that they pull through, without government bailout. We sure don't need another company going out right now.

Cody, I didn't know that you had PD. I know that it is difficult. Somebody that is very close to me has PD (he is trying to "delay the disease", as he says, with exercises). It can be really tough. I will be praying for you.

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »

bankruptcy doesnot automatically mean liquidation or out of business
    * Chapter 7: basic liquidation for individuals and businesses;
    * Chapter 9: municipal bankruptcy;
    * Chapter 11: rehabilitation or reorganization, used primarily by business debtors, but sometimes by individuals with substantial debts and assets;
    * Chapter 12: rehabilitation for family farmers and fishermen;
    * Chapter 13: rehabilitation with a payment plan for individuals with a regular source of income;
    * Chapter 15: ancillary and other international cases.

The most common types of personal bankruptcy for individuals are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. As much as 65% of all U.S. consumer bankruptcy filings are Chapter 7 cases. Corporations and other business forms file under Chapters 7 or 11.
n Chapter 7, a debtor surrenders his or her non-exempt property to a bankruptcy trustee who then liquidates the property and distributes the proceeds to the debtor's unsecured creditors. In exchange, the debtor is entitled to a discharge of some debt; however, the debtor will not be granted a discharge if he or she is guilty of certain types of inappropriate behavior (e.g. concealing records relating to financial condition) and certain debts (e.g. spousal and child support, student loans, some taxes) will not be discharged even though the debtor is generally discharged from his or her debt. Many individuals in financial distress own only exempt property (e.g. clothes, household goods, an older car) and will not have to surrender any property to the trustee. The amount of property that a debtor may exempt varies from state to state. Chapter 7 relief is available only once in any eight year period. Generally, the rights of secured creditors to their collateral continues even though their debt is discharged. For example, absent some arrangement by a debtor to surrender a car or "reaffirm" a debt, the creditor with a security interest in the debtor's car may repossess the car even if the debt to the creditor is discharged.

In Chapter 13, the debtor retains ownership and possession of all of his or her assets, but must devote some portion of his or her future income to repaying creditors, generally over a period of three to five years. The amount of payment and the period of the repayment plan depend upon a variety of factors, including the value of the debtor's property and the amount of a debtor's income and expenses. Secured creditors may be entitled to greater payment than unsecured creditors.

In Chapter 11, the debtor retains ownership and control of its assets and is re-termed a debtor in possession ("DIP"). The debtor in possession runs the day to day operations of the business while creditors and the debtor work with the Bankruptcy Court in order to negotiate and complete a plan. Upon meeting certain requirements (e.g. fairness among creditors, priority of certain creditors) creditors are permitted to vote on the proposed plan. If a plan is confirmed the debtor will continue to operate and pay its debts under the terms of the confirmed plan. If a specified majority of creditors do not vote to confirm a plan, additional requirements may be imposed by the court in order to confirm the plan.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

CB,

Did you copy that last post??? If not wow. Good job...If so, you have a great set of resources Grin Grin Grin.

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 02:15:40 PM »

I hate this mostly for the folks that work there.
I also hate it for the folks like us that have conversions that park there as well as for truckers loosing about 50,000 parking places...which at this time is a big deal, there is not enough parking for trucks as it is.
I also hate it because there is less competition for Pilot, TA, Petro, etc.  (By the way, the worst truck stop chain, TA, bought the best on, Petro last year.  What a shame!)
On the other hand I wonder...how can I feel sorry for a company that has screwed me so bad lately!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »

CB,

Did you copy that last post??? If not wow. Good job...If so, you have a great set of resources Grin Grin Grin.

Merry Christmas,

God bless,

John
yes best resources known 2 man the internet & soon to b revamped internet & internet  soon 2 b available
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 07:28:33 PM »

Flying J has announced they are not closing any truck stops and are not doing any layoffs at this time.  Chapter 11 does not mean Flying J is closing.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

Should I let him open it?

The second picture was taken on saturday. Lips Sealed

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 05:28:47 PM »

running low on fuel at one station over the holidays, an off-handed and ill-informed comment by an unprofessional entry level retail employee...

Have we become the National Enquirer?

Well, the Shell station at the corner here has run out of gas as of this afternoon, cash counter man says no fuel scheduled for delivery for three more days...

Perhaps we should re-title the thread to: "Continental fuel industry in collapse"

ok, kidding, just a little...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »

Good, I am glad as Tami and I have always felt safe in the RV parking at the front of most Flying J,s. They have the best roast beef dips ever.

John
NJT 5573

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »

Just a little cash squeese. They are just hanging onto alot of their cash and using the law to do it. They have many new sites under construction and probably are having problems finding money for expansion so they just use their creditors money for a while. I think every one will get paid in time and everything will work out. Smart move.

"Ammo Warrior" Keepers Of The Peace, Creators Of Destruction.
Gold is the money of Kings, Silver is the money of Gentlemen, Barter is the money of Peasants, Debt is the money of Slaves.

$1M in $1000 bills = 8 inches high.
$1B in $1000 bills = 800 feet high.
$1T in $1000 bills = 142 miles high
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

Just a little cash squeeze

This might be but here they aren't getting all of C-store deliveries. Vendors want cash now.

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »

no big loss.... better operators will take over use of propertys maybe even thousands of mom & pop operators putting more ca$h into the hands of middle class America & giving opportunity to common folk 4 real change Cool
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

And to illustrate further the foolishness that comes out of the employees' ignorant mouths...

The Shell station around the corner got a delivery during the night and was full of gas this AM.

They had gas on sale yesterday, ran it dry and got a full truck dump.

Sounds like a planned occurrence to me.

off to hoard some fuel, the horsemen are mounting as we speak...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »

Why is everyone saying the employees comment was 'ill informed'?  They told my co-worker in Fort Pierce, FL that they were having problems Tuesday night getting fuel, and there was no fuel at most of the FL, GA and SC sites once they ran out...I know, I went by a lot of them!
They filed Tuesday night, they were not getting deliveries on Wed, their suppliers did not trust them, as well they should not.  Read their comments on theier web site, they basically say if we owed you money, get in line.
Bad management!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
cody

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »

I think Flying J is only the tip of the iceberg, before this ecomomy crunch is over we'll see a lot of companies hard hit, some big names will be struggling, has anyone ever seen a better time to buy GM stock?
circusboy90210
Chat Banned

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »

or ford .they did not need any money.  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: