Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 05:01:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bussin' 09 update  (Read 14862 times)
ryoo

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10544.0;attach=10913
anymore pics of this? Huh
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2009, 05:45:15 PM »

Hi

After I saw the pictures of the rally - I changed my mind (what little there is left of it) and drove the 175 miles to attend tues-thurs

Great time -

Only One PROBLEM

Dumb old me bought a great chrome REAR WHEEL TOP HAT from Dan

Placed it on my rear wheel to make sure it would fit - left it there overnight

You can almost guess the rest of the story - LEFT THE NEXT MORNING WITH IT STILL LOOSLY ON MY BACK WHEEL

SOOOO - somewhere between The Turner center and about 10 mile up route 17 there is a nice looking

TOP HAT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD - turned around - retraced my path - never found it !!!

If anyone ran across it (HOPEFULLY NOT OVER IT) - let me know

Pete RTS/Daytona

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2009, 08:06:23 PM »

What would you like to see?  Put in your order before morning and I will take some custom shots.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2009, 04:05:23 AM »

The last of us will be leaving today. We have 4 or 5 following us to our place (actually 2 are already there). Paula & I feel like this was one of our best rallies.  We ended up with 115 attending. 4 stayed off site in motels, so we had 111 coaches at the Turner Center.  We has great seminars, delicious food, wonderful weather, excellent entertainment, and fantastic friends,  although it did get a little rowdy on New Years Eve.  About 1/2 of those attending were there for the first time and for some , it was their first rally of any kind they had ever attended. 
     I am going to write a rally report for Bus Conversion Magazine in the next couple days , so watch your magazine for the "rest of the story".  Jack

PS: Paula & I want to thank all those that help make this rally happen and all those that attend.  We are already planning Bussin' 10.  It will be once again be at the Turner Center from December 29-January 1, 2010 with early arrivals OK beginning on December 26, so mark your calendar and join us for a great time.  Bussin' 10 will be our 10th rally.

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:51 AM »

a Good time was had by all.
and to finish it off, we had a nice after-the-party discussion group get together last nite.  just a few sitting around laughing and joking.

Oh, Gumpy fudge for dessert.

Craig, we'll be at Jack's for a couple more days.  If you ship express mail, you can get another box here before we leave for texas.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »

although it did get a little rowdy on New Years Eve. 

It seems to me that one of the rowdy instigators was one of our hosts. 

Thanks for all you do to make this happen Jack & Paula.  I think the only time I saw Paula when she wasn't working was when she was being "rowdy" on New Years Eve.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »

a Good time was had by all.
and to finish it off, we had a nice after-the-party discussion group get together last nite.  just a few sitting around laughing and joking.

Oh, Gumpy fudge for dessert.

Craig, we'll be at Jack's for a couple more days.  If you ship express mail, you can get another box here before we leave for texas.

Sorry Tom.  T'was the season... holiday candy making is over...   Roll Eyes

You got your subsistence alotment for the year.  Grin

Just be thankful Jack didn't withhold it from you, like he said he was going to do. Now quicherwhinin!

I marked it on the calendar for next year. Maybe I can make it down there for the rally and bring some with me.  No promises, though.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »

I marked it on the calendar for next year. Maybe I can make it down there for the rally and bring some with me.  No promises, though.

Craig,
    That would be great!!  Come anytime, we will always have a parking place for ya.   Maybe some beer-butt chicken?  5 buses followed us home. Just finished a nice backyard potluck supper.  Jack

Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »

Jack

Who came the farthest and how far did they come?

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »

i'm sure we came the furthest just for Jack's Bussin' rally.  We headed straight down from Grafton, OH, just 20 mi or so from Lake Erie.  Our only purpose in Florida was Jack's rally.

Now Bob of the North could argue Saskatchawan is a little further than upper Ohio.  Since he's fulltime in his coach, i'm not sure that's true.  One could argue that "home" is where you park it.  his most recent home was New Jersey which is not as far away Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

Craig - Whining?  No, it's praise of your talents.  Who else would know that besides your busnut skills, you can make great fudge.  and Jack's right about the beer-butt chicken, but that's a little hard to ship and keep fresh.   Wink

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2009, 04:36:14 AM »

Seems like I remember seeing a bus with Washington State plates.  Does that count?

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:58 AM »

Tom we left Nipawin, SK headed for Arcadia.  By your "logic" anybody who over-nighted in Winter Haven only drove 50 miles to get to Arcadia.  I didn't realize there was a trophy for the longest trip but if there is one I want it.  Tongue

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2009, 06:10:22 AM »

Who came the farthest and how far did they come?
John

As has already been mentioned, it depends on the parameters you set.  Many come from Canada, which is further, but they are probably not making the drive just for the rally.  We do not have a "Longest Trip" contest for that reason.  Also, some coaches are not titled in the state the person lives in, usually for tax reasons.  Jack

cody

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2009, 06:39:50 AM »

Is there a prize for wanting to be there the most?
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2009, 06:50:23 AM »

Seems like I remember seeing a bus with Washington State plates.  Does that count?

That would have been us...

And yes, we are legally Washington residents.  But, as full-timers, we really don't call anyplace "home" other than the bus itself, and we can hardly make the case that we "came from Washington" to be there.  The harsh truth is that we had an extra week between a visit at Disney World and a commitment in Fort Lauderdale, so I think we added something like 100 miles or so to our itinerary to be at the rally.

Great to meet everyone, though.

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: