Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
June 18, 2018, 12:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one know of a good place near Woodstock/ N. Atlanta to assist inpection?  (Read 1682 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:37:13 PM »

Hey ya'll I realize that I'm usually one of the ones suggesting who to for assistance. And I also realize that it's sorta late to be asking. But we are leaving around 6AM to go look at a bus or two in Woodstock, GA off I-575. I just found this out about 10 minutes ago.
We pretty well know SETRA's inside and out, and where & what to look for on them. But we don't know much about the engine trans computers; Looking for maybe like WW Williams or an independent shop that can run a computer scan for us! 
I'll be available on my cell phone two Seven 0-705-eleven thirty nine.
I'll have a laptop with me but unless I'm in an area of WIFI I won't have access to the board. I will check it before I leave in about 7 1/2 hrs.
Thanks Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »

Oh yeah a lift, pit, or any other way to get under it would be helpful too!
Thanks again! Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:35 PM »

BK,

There's a WW Williams in Acworth, about 15 miles from Woodstock. Address is 25 North Drive, Acworth, GA 30102. Phone: (678) 574-9251. Don't know if they've got a pit, but you could call them and ask.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Greenville, GA
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 08:29:30 AM »

BK,

There's a WW Williams in Acworth, about 15 miles from Woodstock. Address is 25 North Drive, Acworth, GA 30102. Phone: (678) 574-9251. Don't know if they've got a pit, but you could call them and ask.

Bob

Bob thanks for the info!

Well after a 6.5 hr drive down there we found out that neither of the two buses we went to look at were at the location listed! (the main one we were interested in is somewhere in NY and we AIN'T going there looking for it!)
Well several upset phone calls and 2 more locations we finally found the "other one".
Turns out the "other one" was in fact at the same WW Williams shop as above!
Upon arriving and talking to Charlie the service manager who was confused about us being there to look at it "because nobody had told him we were coming to look at a bus!" Then when I told him I was there to look at a '99 Setra S217. He said "Oh that bus, it's sitting straight out back there where we PUSHED IT OUT of the bay. If I were looking to buy a bus IT CERTAINLY would not be THAT BUS![/u]"

Whoa! Talk about stunned! I asked "Well if ya don't mind can ya tell me why?"
"Well for starters the transmission is shot 5 & 6 gears ARE GONE and the rest is close too, so there's $14,000, and well the engine is trash too, the injectors are shot, it has no or low compression in all cylinders, the turbo is bad, cam is shot, & the bearings are bad, the bus has wiring harness problems we couldn't get any good readings from it, we had to hook straight to the computer to get any info out of it (and it is not the original), and that's just the beginning!"

Well with what he told us and a quick walk around we discovered it had a been really abused, the interior was trash, the bathroom was the worst I have ever seen, the video system had been stolen,the drivers compartment looked like it had been thru WW III, the tires were all rough mix matches and to top it off when dad & I looked under neath it had the same ZF rear end that ours has that we had to pay $11,000 for a differential for! As a wise man (dad) said then "I've seen enough!"
As we walked thru the service dept. on our way out we thanked Charlie for "his insight" and left, fast as in like "RUN FORREST, RUN!"

Grin  BK  Grin    Another wasted day & trip, but at least it was an eye opening experience! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »

Bryce, that was not a wasted trip...at least now you know!  You did the due diligence needed to not waste your money on a piece of crap.
Now...as to the idiot that is trying to unload that piece of crap...and also sent you on a wild goose chase in the process...say this prayer tonight.  "Lord...may the fleas from a thousand camels infest their bedsack...tonight!"  Oh yeah..."AMEN!"
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: